Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Jaguars game thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread

Go down 
+8
Buddha Bus
Atlanta Dan
effyou515
Hawaii 5-0
lvsteelersfan
Steeler Zach
schillah
SteelerSpartan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Nobody on here talkin about tonight's game?

Defense brain farting all over the field.....from what little coverage I've seen of the game on the redzone channel.....

Same story with them no pass rush and poor open field tackling

schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 pm

B.W. Webb is pretty bad tonight. Uninspiring football

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Fire Butler!!!
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 pm

positive note, Shazier was impressive

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:45 pm

Why is Landry Jones still an NFL QB? He overthrows his receivers on at least 3 out of every 4 passes. Just give up the horrid experiment and get rid of him. Every other backup QB I have seen in the preseason is 10 times better than him. I know Gradkowski is #2 but is he ever going to be back in uniform?
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 1:40 am

schillah wrote:
positive note, Shazier was impressive

Ryan Shazier is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

Ryan Shazier was the the most productive player on defense for the Steelers vs. the Jaguars.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – It wasn’t a particularly impressive performance by the Steelers defense in this 23-21 loss to the Jaguars that dropped the team’s record to 0-2 this preseason, but it was an impressive individual effort by Ryan Shazier. Playing just a few snaps into the second half, Shazier finished with eight tackles, and he was going sideline-to-sideline to make them.

Shazier is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were Ben Roethlisberger, who played only six snaps but finished with a perfect passer rating of 158.3 by completing 3-for-3 for 59 yards, with one touchdown and no interceptions; James Harrison, who had three tackles, including one for loss, and a sack; Sean Spence, who had seven tackles; Martavis Bryant, who caught three passes for 55 yards, including a 44-yard touchdown from Roethlisberger; Shayone Green, who had four tackles on defense and a forced fumble on special teams that turned into a takeaway the offensive converted into a touchdown in the fourth quarter; and DeAngelo Williams, who had 28 yards on six carries (4.7 average).

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Shazier-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/8bfd3f98-7980-4efb-b11d-7c635f5bf326
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:21 am

Steeler Zach wrote:
Fire Butler!!!

says a lot about Tomlin hiring Butler

damn it, time for a whole new coaching staff, damn it Rooney's fire someone make the Steelers win again.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 8:54 am

effyou515 wrote:
Steeler Zach wrote:
Fire Butler!!!

damn it, time for a whole new coaching staff, damn it Rooney's fire someone make the Steelers win again.

Fire that lazy bum Ben! Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread 1664291743

Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner, who praised Roethlisberger for being able to change the trajectory of the ball on the move better than anyone he ever saw, said Roethlisberger could improve in one area: his film work.

“Ben can always get better during the week putting the time in with film work and really getting a feel for what's going to happen to him,” Fichtner said.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8911529-74/harrison-steelers-roethlisberger#ixzz3it6C6XAN

Part of being a great leader like Peyton Manning is putting in the time to watch film Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread 1072540953
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 9:58 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
Steeler Zach wrote:
Fire Butler!!!

Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner, who praised Roethlisberger for being able to change the trajectory of the ball on the move better than anyone he ever saw, said Roethlisberger could improve in one area: his film work.

“Ben can always get better during the week putting the time in with film work and really getting a feel for what's going to happen to him,” Fichtner said.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8911529-74/harrison-steelers-roethlisberger#ixzz3it6C6XAN

Part of being a great leader like Peyton Manning is putting in the time to watch film Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread 1072540953

I'll bet he'd watch more film if Bruce Arians was still here! Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread 1689750825

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Replay on NFL Network at 1 pm today

Since the TD drive came at the beginning of the game I will watch that
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Replay on NFL Network at 1 pm today

Since the TD drive came at the beginning of the game I will watch that

Spoiler Alert: The starting offense made it look easy. Defenses need to worry.

Fire Haley!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 1:05 pm

My thoughts after the game:

* If Shazier will stay healthy he will have a great year, he's making plays all over the field.
* Dupree has a lot to learn and isn't NFL-ready. I'm afraid it will be a very difficult season for him and I think he will be a longterm project. So be patient with him.
* Jesse James looked much better than last week (not that difficult Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread 1664291743 ) and he made one great catch.
* Landry Jones shows signs of improvement, but he needs to be more consistent. His biggest challenge for the next games will be to manage the game clock better. That's definetaly his weak spot at the moment.
* The 2nd unit of the OL was awful, they were run over by the Jaguars DL constantly at one point in the game, especially in the 3rd quarter, making the job for Landry Jones difficult.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
* Landry Jones shows signs of improvement, but he needs to be more consistent. His biggest challenge for the next games will be to manage the game clock better. That's definetaly his weak spot at the moment.
* The 2nd unit of the OL was awful, they were run over by the Jaguars DL constantly at one point in the game, especially in the 3rd quarter, making the job for Landry Jones difficult.

Landry is getting a lot of hate from fans (not here so much), and some of it is undeserved in my opinion. I certainly don't think he played great, but I also don't think he played as poorly as some fans seem to think. I thought he played OK. Nothing spectacular, obviously, but not bad either. He made some good throws, and a few bad throws. Overall, I thought it was a mediocre performance, which is what I'd expect out of a third-string quarterback. The biggest improvement I notice in Jones is that he looks more comfortable and confident. Some of the glaring mistakes, such as managing the clock, will improve with experience (if he sticks around).

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 5:43 pm

From what I watched on NFL network:

-Ben and and 1st team offense was efficient in scoring in 6 plays. DeAngelo Williams will be a better #2 RB than the Steelers have had in quite a while.

-Shazier is playing fast and confident. Harrison made Luke Joeckel nervous......Jarvis Jones made him look like an all pro.

-Bud Dupree is raw and will have a ways to go before getting meaningful time. But, he has a quick 1st step that the Jags RT was very wary of.

-Shamarko didnt get to the corner quick enough on the TD that went between him and Webb. Cover 2 is a work in progress.

-Jarvis Jones was handled around the edge by Joekel, and also inside on the Bortles TD run. Even with his outside spin, he didnt have the explosiveness to get to Bortles and make the tackle. I doubt he gets a 2nd contract here.

-Mitchell Van Dyk should be in the first round of cuts. He was a turnstile on the 2nd team RT. Villeneuva will be the #4 OT, Dismukes will be cut and BJ Finney makes the practice squad.

-Jesse James ran some good routes, made a couple tough catches and blocked adequately. He will be the #3 TE.

-Landry Jones had a lot of good throws. I would guess he had 6+ passes dropped and probably 3 incomplete passes that were pass interference calls on the defense. He clearly showed the needle pointing up.

-Chickillo showed pass rush skill to get around the RT and hustle in pursuit. He should make the 53, but if not....somebody will claim him.

-Howard Jones showed quickness, but still learning to play OLB. My guess is he is practice squad candidate. Zumwaldt will likely be cut.

-At safety, nobody stood out of Darby, Dangerfield, Wild, and Holliman got sparing play in the 4th. The 4th quarter run by the Jags 4th string RB that was called back on a penalty, left Holliman looking for his jock on the sideline. He has instincts for the ball, but not the athleticism in space IMO. He is the #5 Safety....just on potential.

-DHB looks leaner and quicker. I think he ends up being #4 on the depth chart, while Coates is #5 and Goodwin or Murphy battle for #6 (if they keep 6)

D-Line depth and how good is Cortez Allen playing are my biggest questions.
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:47 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
Steeler Zach wrote:
Fire Butler!!!

You guys have it all wrong. We don't need to fire anyone, we have to un-fire someone. Bring back Steely McBeam! Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:58 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Landry is getting a lot of hate from fans (not here so much), and some of it is undeserved in my opinion. I certainly don't think he played great, but I also don't think he played as poorly as some fans seem to think. I thought he played OK. Nothing spectacular, obviously, but not bad either. He made some good throws, and a few bad throws. Overall, I thought it was a mediocre performance, which is what I'd expect out of a third-string quarterback. The biggest improvement I notice in Jones is that he looks more comfortable and confident. Some of the glaring mistakes, such as managing the clock, will improve with experience (if he sticks around).  

I surely think Jones is good enough as 3rd-string qb, the question for me is if he will be good enough as 2nd-string qb next year. If that's the case we're safe for the next couple of years and we can slowly look out for a successor of Ben when he retires (maybe in 5 years) in the draft the upcoming years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread   Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Jaguars game thread
Page 1 of 1