Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUpdating the Like feature Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Updating the Like feature

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Updating the Like feature Empty
PostSubject: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 pm

When it comes to customizations here at SX, we're handcuffed by what Forumotion enables us to do. We do our best to try to get the maximum benefit out of all of the features that are offered.

As many of you know, I've never been pleased with Forumotion's Reputation/Like feature for posts, and we've spent a lot of time trying to improve it as best as we can. There's no way to list who Likes a post, and you couldn't tell if a post received 1 Like or 20 Likes. But I've discovered a way to keep a tally of the number of Likes a post receives. The new Like (thumb's up) button is located at the top right of a post, next to the Quote button. And it keeps a tally of the number of Likes the post receives. It's far from the kind of system I'd like to have, but I think it's at least an upgrade over what we had before.

Now for the bad news ... so far I haven't found a way to link the new Like feature to the current total Likes that appears under your username in posts. Until we get it figured out, you're not going to see your total number of Likes increase. We'll keep working on it and hopefully have it fixed soon. If not, we'll just go back to the old Like system and keep waiting for Forumotion to finally offer an upgrade to their 1971 Pinto.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 4:06 pm

I like it!

. .
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:04 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
I like it!
Updating the Like feature Anim_kissass

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Is there any way to see the amount of likes for the posts that you post? I can see the amount of likes for other people's posts but I can't see the ones for mine (maybe I haven't gotten any)

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:30 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Is there any way to see the amount of likes for the posts that you post?  I can see the amount of likes for other people's posts but I can't see the ones for mine (maybe I haven't gotten any)

You can see the thumbs up button and the Like count only on other members' posts. You don't see anything on your own posts until someone Likes the posts. Then you'll see both the thumbs up button and Like count.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:10 pm

I forgot to mention this earlier, and I'm sure everyone has already noticed it ... the Likes under your username are increasing when someone Likes your post. It doesn't happen automatically; you have to refresh the page to see the change in the number of Likes under your username. So my verdict is that while it's not a perfect system, it's at least an improvement over what we had.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 2:03 am

Updating the Like feature D1f59d3a8ba0e695fd32841fd667a40a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Like feature   Updating the Like feature Empty

Back to top Go down

Updating the Like feature
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Welcome to SX :: Announcements, Feedback & Support-
Jump to: