Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhat We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4

Go down 
+5
ETL
Hawaii 5-0
FrancoLambert
HeinzMustard
SteelCityUnderground
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 Empty
PostSubject: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Here is what I’m looking forward to for Saturday’s exhibition matchup against the Buffalo Bills.

Wide Receivers
There, I said it. We know it’s on all of our minds right now, with Martavis Bryant screwing up and possibly missing 4 games due to failing the league’s substance abuse policy. The time is now for Sammie Coates, Tyler Murphy, C.J. Goodwin and Shakim Phillips. Whoever grabs the brass ring, could end up seeing a decent number of snaps, should Bryant be gone for an extended period of time. This was the same situation as last season, where the team opened with Justin Brown as their 3rd WR, working mostly out of the slot, with Antonio Brown and Markus Wheaton. (I was high on Brown then, but fumbles and the return of then injured Lance Moore, saw the team cutting ties with the former 6th rounder.)

Michael Vick
I don’t expect much for a guy who was just signed this week, but that doesn’t cut down the hype of the new backup in town. I’m excited to see if the offense runs more efficiently under Vick than it did for Landry Jones. (I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the WRs still drop passes they should catch and that Vick will scramble and/or throw the ball away when the backup linemen get challenged by a deep and stout Buffalo defense.)

Linebackers
Jarvis Jones and Bud Dupree need to show consistency and bring the A game they displayed last week. If they do, it’s more promise for a season with high expectations. A lot rests on the defense not giving up 30 points, because, while the offense could put up 30 or more, the news surround players like Maurkice Pouncey, Le’Veon Bell and the aforementioned Bryant, do not help matters.

http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2015/08/28/what-were-looking-for-bills-preseason-game-4/

http://steelcityunderground.com
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:42 pm

I wish Tomlin would sit Ben, Brown, Wheaton, Bell, DeCastro, Miller, Beachum, Foster and Gilbert.

We can't afford any of those guys getting hurt.  I don't care if they are rusty the first few games.  Preseason has become a nuisance for the Steelers.

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck the whole time the starters are in vs. Bills. Shocked
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:47 pm

I want to see some consistent defensive play.

A few 3 and outs.
A turnover or two.
Tougher against the run.
Better tackling.
No injuries.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:09 am

Steelers Vs. Bills: Ten Players To Watch Closely Saturday Night

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/steelers-vs-bills-ten-players-to-watch-closely-saturday-night/
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Steelers Vs. Bills: Ten Players To Watch Closely Saturday Night

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/steelers-vs-bills-ten-players-to-watch-closely-saturday-night/

On my Facebook, I was telling someone I should've added DHB to that list, because I feel he'll get a lot of reps today in the wake of Bryant's suspension. Tomlin will likely go with a veteran over a rookie like Coates, if Bryant is missing. They need to know if DHB will be dependable.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:55 pm

the Bills will be playing without LeSean McCoy and their four best receivers today...

Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:58 pm

I think we have big question marks on backup running backs.

If DeAngelo Williams gets hurt (which has happened many times before) we have either Josh Harris or Chisholm as our starter for the first 2 games.

I am curious to see if Harris can be a decent pro running back

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 4:16 pm

I about shit my pants when they came after Ben's knees there a minute ago. Remember these are the guys that ended bret farves career.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:04 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:

A few 3 and outs.
A turnover or two.
Tougher against the run.
Better tackling.
No injuries.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope. They were awful this game. Even Matt Simms has driven the field on us.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:45 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

A few 3 and outs.
A turnover or two.
Tougher against the run.
Better tackling.
No injuries.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope. They were awful this game. Even Matt Simms has driven the field on us.

What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 2164293255

I didn't do too good, did I. The defense sucks. Were there any bright spots on the D? I can't remember any. What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 2087824411
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 1:37 pm

what we're looking for now is another kicker What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 3798349058 Ben LOL

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
nikstar
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:56 pm

I really don't blame the defense for that game. It wasn't like they were facing a normal offense. They were facing 4 qb's trying out for a team. It was more like a QB scrimmage in practice then a regular game. I mean even Landry Jones can look good in a scrimmage
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 4:59 pm

nikstar wrote:
I really don't blame the defense for that game. It wasn't like they were facing a normal offense. They were facing 4 qb's trying out for a team. It was more like a QB scrimmage in practice then a regular game. I mean even Landry Jones can look good in a scrimmage

If you don't blame the defense for yesterday's piss-poor performance, who gets the blame?

The 1st teamers on D played longer than the 1st teamers on O.

Coaching? Definitely a factor. We'll get a better feel for Butler once the games count.

You give the D a pass because "they were facing 4 QB's trying out for the team" (trying to win the starter's job).

I find the fact that every Bills QB was able to move the ball easily, make big plays, and score, a very bad sign going forward.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:17 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

A few 3 and outs.
A turnover or two.
Tougher against the run.
Better tackling.
No injuries.

What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 2164293255

I didn't do too good, did I.  The defense sucks.  Were there any bright spots on the D?  I can't remember any.  What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 2087824411

I don't recall the D doing anything well. The pass rush was non existant. Jarvis Jones.. I've defended that guy, and he's had plenty of time now to learn and develop and he simply doesn't look good. He has no pass rush moves outside of bull rushing, and despite playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers he still isn't a factor. The secondary was awful. Poor tackling, missed assignments, and just plain getting burned from the 1st team, to the 3rd String it didn't matter. They did their best to make every Bills quarterback that played look like Dan Marino when they were on the field.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4   What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What We're Looking For: Bills - Preseason Game 4
Page 1 of 1