Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home***Season Record Prediction Thread*** Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

***Season Record Prediction Thread***

Go down 
+29
steelcityboyz
SteelersYak
vasteeler
WVABE
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
HeinzMustard
steelcrazy
FrancoLambert
teegre
SteelerSpartan
Drizztbob
SoCalFan
Atlanta Dan
OX1947
Fire Arians
Steellamb86
Wallace108
Steeler Zach
stlrtruck
jak341
Vis
Stella Nation
SteelersNorth
solardave
Steeler-in-west
effyou515
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
tony hipchest
DesertSteel
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

***Season Record Prediction Thread*** Empty
PostSubject: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:45 pm

I haven't seen one of these yet (please advise if I've just overlooked it)...

After 4 preseason games, what's your outlook going into 2015? What's your prediction for the 2015 record?

I'll admit that I was way more optimistic about the season until I've seen the defense in action during the preseason. Before I would have put it at 11-5, but I think 9-7 is more realistic with the O carrying the team the first half of the year and the D, hopefully coming on a little by the second half.

It's a shame to waste a prolific offense with the defense we have.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:22 pm

I would have said 12 and 4 before the loss of Pouncey, Suisham, and Bryant. Now I put it around 11 and 5.

Probably 10 and 6 is more realistic considering our propensity to lose on the west coast, & a few stinkers every year

. .
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:08 am

From what I've seen so far in the preseason. 19-0. Super bowl shut-out.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:09 am

4-12 everybody gets that over priced shut down corner that they have jackin off toooooooooo. ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 am

11-5

the offense is flat out good, and the defense will prove to be good enough,

only thing preseason showed is that our prospects and backups playing on their own suck
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 2:51 am

If preseason is any indication of our defense we'll be lucky to go 8-8. I don't want to blieve it';s that bad so I'm saying 11-5.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:18 am

I'm going 11-5 and repeat AFC North Division champs.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:44 am

With preseason in my mind I'm saying 9-7. I'm sure the D can do better than what they've shown so far, but I still miss a playmaker. I think the lack of creating turnovers will cost us games.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:21 am

0-16

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:24 am

In another thread, I predicted 10-6. With the injuries and sub-par defense, I am thinking 8-8 or possibly 9-7 and missed playoffs.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 am

9-7, 11-5 at best.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 am

0-17. The bye week will throw for at least 450 yards and 4 TDs on them. ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:52 am

For the past couple of decades, I came into every season with a lot of optimism, whether it was justified or not. Because of a tough schedule, injuries/suspensions, and a defense that would have to improve to be called bad, I'm not feeling as optimistic as I usually am this time of year. I think 9-7 sounds about right. As always though when I doubt the Steelers in any way ... I'll be more than happy to be wrong if they finish 10-6 or better.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steellamb86
Xtreme Newb
Steellamb86

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Hard to predict any wins after that joke of a defense on Saturday, but I will predict 9-7.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:05 pm

16-0
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Offense will be great after week 4 when that idiot gets back and when Le'veon is rollin. Problem is, the defense may be the worst defense I have ever seen in my adult life watching Steelers football. An average defense could get them to the playoffs, like last year, but if they are worse, they may not last long. Regardless, making the playoffs isnt what it is about. Still need a defense that can make stops the deeper you get into the playoffs, Steelers wouldnt last one round with this defense.

9-7
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 2:29 pm

9-7 or 8-8

Since training camp started there has been little in the way of positive developments. Instead, the defense has looked even worse than last year (with Golson not even making it to Latrobe) while there have been the unplanned absences of Pouncey and Bryant. Plus my bet is Brady plays next Thursday night.

My plan was to just bet the over every week but even that does not appear to be a good plan until week 5.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 2:49 pm

11-5 it will be! Lets not get them panties in a bunch over the preseason when it comes to the D. I really think they will find themselves after a few games. Ya'll are just as bad as Raider fan, winning the SB already after every preseason! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit! ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** 3562723908

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 3:16 pm

9-7

Losing Pouncey really hurt. We could get lucky and squeak into the playoffs with a wildcard, but right now, it's looking skinny, even with our offensive firepower.

SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm

I could see anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 3:59 pm

19-0
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:00 pm

9-7...........defense doesn't do enough to support the offense...... gives up several late scoring drives to lose close games.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:48 pm

ok..I'll get crazy and predict something nobody has...either 10-6 or 9-7

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:15 am

9-7 sounds about right considering they lost Pouncey and the suspensions to Bell and Bryant. 9-7... is the ceiling. 7-9 is the floor. The defense looks like it's going to struggle with the new youth movement in place. Add that with the tough schedule vs. AFC/NFC West teams... it may be a long, frustrating year.... like 2012 and 2013 seasons.

Had Pouncey not got injured or Bryant suspended... 11-5 ceiling, 9-7 floor.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:31 pm

10-6. It will be a rough start especially now with Bryant and Pouncey out and the D being rough around the edges but I think we make it to the playoffs with momentum on our side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Season Record Prediction Thread***   ***Season Record Prediction Thread*** Empty

Back to top Go down

***Season Record Prediction Thread***
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next