Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNarcos Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Narcos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Narcos   Narcos EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 8:19 am

I just watched the first six episodes of Netflix's new show Narcos which deals with the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar and a US DEA agent sent to Colombia to bring him down. I can't recommend it enough.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcos   Narcos EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 8:53 pm

just finished season one yesterday and planned on making a thread for it.
i'm a bit confused of if there is going to be a season 2 or that was it ?

as for the subject matter ... how in the hell can a person hold an entire country hostage ? these 3rd world countries aren't handicapped by "rules of engagement" , and pretty much the governments aren't held accountable for human rights. so why in the hell didn't they go after him with everything they got with orders to shoot and kill anyone that was cartel connected. these guys weren't exactly hiding in caves. rich people are easy to find. just look for the giant houses with pools.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcos   Narcos EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:17 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
just finished season one yesterday and planned on making a thread for it.
i'm a bit confused of if there is going to be a season 2 or that was it ?

as for the subject matter ... how in the hell can a person hold an entire country hostage ? these 3rd world countries aren't handicapped by "rules of engagement" , and pretty much the governments aren't held accountable for human rights.  so why in the hell didn't they go after him with everything they got with orders to shoot and kill anyone that was cartel connected.  these guys weren't exactly hiding in caves. rich people are easy to find. just look  for the giant houses with pools.

I don't know if there's going to be I think all of the jungle and mountains can make it pretty difficult.  I think the government was also worried about possible retaliation. But the whole situation was really fucked.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcos   Narcos EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 12:07 pm

retaliation ? the guy was already blowing shit up and murdering people left and right. they say he killed 1000 cops. they said he owned 800 houses . first thing you do is set 800 fires. what empowers people like escobar is greed. not their greed . the greed of others. half the country was on his payroll. so you fight fire with fire and offer a huge dead or alive reward. the cops and army couldn't be trusted so attract mercenaries from the outside who aren't on his payroll to hunt them down.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcos   Narcos EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Forget it, MoP. It's Colombia.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcos   Narcos EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:02 pm

did you get to the end jon ?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcos   Narcos EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:14 am

Been meaning to watch this. Now I shall!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

Narcos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcos   Narcos Empty

Back to top Go down

Narcos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Entertainment :: Television-
Jump to: