Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road

Go down 
+7
IowaSteeler927
solardave
tony hipchest
SoCalFan
Fire Arians
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Hawaii 5-0
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelersNorth

Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road   Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:29 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
Maybe I'm nieve and a bit of a 'homer' like Dave Dameshek but I firmly believe had the Cheatriots not cheated the Steelers would have won the Super Bowl in 2004.

Any way I think most people 'hate/dispise' the Cheatriots because of that exact reason; they have gotten away with cheating for so long and it 'won' them Super Bowls.
They should do what they did with the Tour de France and Lance Armstrong's 5 straight wins, and just ignore the 'victories' by the Patriots******.
Right. Pats***** fans love to say "You're just jealous" but before last year, we actually had more SB wins in the past decade than they did. I'm not jealous of the Pats***** at all. 6 >4 and yes I realize that two thirds of those happened before I was born and were in a different era but that the Steelers managed to win 4 SBs in probably what can be called the NFL's Golden Era. But you're right, SN, most people hate them because they've gotten away with cheating and what's more is how unbelievably smug not just their fans are about it but their players, coaches, and now owner is. Think I saw it on another forum but someone made the point about Belichick insulting everyone's intelligence when he claimed to misinterpret the rules. The man is nothing but a fraud. Who knows, without his shady methods, he could have been fired again like he was in Cleveland. And that IMO is what maddens me, we don't know how good or bad these guys really are. Their cheating effected every team in some way or form and the fortunes of individuals. The ESPN article points out how the loss to the Pats***** dramatically reversed Mike Martz's fortunes.

Going with the Martz thing and now knowing what we know it makes sense they cheated. How can someone being a 14 point underdog beat a team that torches everyone week in and week out win by 3?
The Rams lost by a total of 10 points in the regular season cruising to a 14-2 record.
And go figure they played the Pats**** that season and won 24-17. Looks errily similar to 3 seasons later in 2004 with the Steelers.

On top of that the 'media' makes it seem like Brady played 'amazing' in each Super Bowl where they've won by a combined 13 points with the help of the real MVP of the first 3 Adam Vinatieri's leg/foot.

I just pray Ben lights it up and shuts the cake holes of all the Pats**** fans, it would be fantastic.
Right. A reoccuring theme to me seems to be that the Pats** struggle with a team the first time around but then by the second meeting when they've gotten all the signals and such done, they do better. And you're right Vinatieri was the real MVP of their first three wins. Brady until last year never had a moment like Ben did in the Cardinals SB.  But yeah I just want a big or a win period to shut up their obnoxious fans. I know a lot of them and they really are without a doubt the worst in the sport. They think everyone's just jealous of them and that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are the best ever at their respective positions. They love ragging on younger Steelers fans like me who weren't alive for the 70's dynasty but are proud of those teams anyhow and yet they get pissed when you point out that until 2000 the Pats** were just another franchise that had never gotten even close in the SB.

Well I've only been a fan since the Ben era began. Being up in Canada for the longest time I was stuck with the lowly Bills. Luckily when the hockey strike/lockout happened the Bills sucked and my non premium NFL stations in CBS and FOX would pick up the next closest regional team that being the Steelers.

As for the Cardinals game, if any other QB has that identical game winning drive meaning Eli, Rivers, Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Luck, and pick anyone else you like, they'd all win MVP of that game.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road   Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Gene Collier: Tomlin says Steelers face ’a tall task’ against Patriots**

September 9, 2015

Tom Brady needs 417 completions to surpass Dan Marino for third most in NFL history, and here on the eve of their 2015 season, the Steelers are just hoping he doesn’t get all of them tomorrow night.

That says more about the Steelers patchwork secondary than about Brady, the winningest quarterback on the contemporary pro landscape.

Ostensibly.

I didn’t say asterisk. I said ostensibly.

Brady and New England Patriots** coach Snidely Whiplash and the league and the agents and the lawyers and the courts may all have survived a fiercely problematic summer, but their collective football predicament doesn’t really amount to much compared to what the Steelers will be dealing with when they arrive at One Patriots** Place, Foxborough.

Head coach Mike Tomlin has referred to it colloquially as “a tall task.”

His team opens on the road, in prime time, against the defending Super Bowl champs, with every NFL player and fan and agent and owner and betrayed ballboy looking on, and with all of New England wildly celebrating VG Day, victory over Goodell.

The Steelers walk into this without Le’Veon Bell, without Maurkice Pouncey, without Martavis Bryant, without Shaun Suisham, and without any empirical evidence that they shouldn’t be the biggest underdog on the NFL board for Kickoff Weekend.

Which they are (+7).

Tall task?

This is no mere tall task.

This is Manute Bol on an extension ladder.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2015/09/09/gene0909/stories/201509090102
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road   Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Gene Collier: Tomlin says Steelers face ’a tall task’ against Patriots***

September 9, 2015

Tom Brady needs 417 completions to surpass Dan Marino for third most in NFL history, and here on the eve of their 2015 season, the Steelers are just hoping he doesn’t get all of them tomorrow night.

That says more about the Steelers patchwork secondary than about Brady, the winningest quarterback on the contemporary pro landscape.

Ostensibly.

I didn’t say asterisk. I said ostensibly.

Brady and New England Patriots*** coach Snidely Whiplash and the league and the agents and the lawyers and the courts may all have survived a fiercely problematic summer, but their collective football predicament doesn’t really amount to much compared to what the Steelers will be dealing with when they arrive at One Patriots*** Place, Foxborough.

Head coach Mike Tomlin has referred to it colloquially as “a tall task.”

His team opens on the road, in prime time, against the defending Super Bowl champs, with every NFL player and fan and agent and owner and betrayed ballboy looking on, and with all of New England wildly celebrating VG Day, victory over Goodell.

The Steelers walk into this without Le’Veon Bell, without Maurkice Pouncey, without Martavis Bryant, without Shaun Suisham, and without any empirical evidence that they shouldn’t be the biggest underdog on the NFL board for Kickoff Weekend.

Which they are (+7).

Tall task?

This is no mere tall task.

This is Manute Bol on an extension ladder.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2015/09/09/gene0909/stories/201509090102
It won't be easy but I think a lot of people are underestimating us and frankly I'm glad. We've always played better in that situation. Let the Pats* get told that Brady is this unstoppable beast who will be playing furious. The Pats* were already inviting the Giants to their victory parties in their first SB. Now nothing like that has happened here and it's a different situation but I think we can do this. It won't be easy but I think it's a doable task.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road   Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Steeler Zach wrote:
pczach wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
NFL destroyed Patriots*****' tape stealing Steelers' signals in 2002

247Sports
Bryan DeArdo

Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 6_3844750

While "Deflategate" was seemingly to put bed last Thursday, "Spygate" arose from the ashes on Tuesday.

ESPN released new details about the Patriots*****' illegal videotaping of defensive signals from 2001-07, which included physical evidence of how they cheated during their win over the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game in January of 2002.

Here's a part of the story, written by ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr.Seth Wickersham:

"Inside a room accessible only to Belichick and a few others, they found a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons. Among them were handwritten diagrams of the defensive signals of the Pittsburgh Steelers, including the notes used in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game won by the Patriots***** 24-17. Yet almost as quickly as the tapes and notes were found, they were destroyed, on Goodell's orders: League executives stomped the tapes into pieces and shredded the papers inside a Gillette Stadium conference room."

This new evidence confirms many former Steelers' players' sentiments that the Patriots***** had an unfair advantage in Pittsburgh's two AFC Championship Game losses against New England in January of '02 and '05. Back in 2008, former Steelers linebacker and current linebackers coach Joey Porter said as much while saying the Patriots*****' "stole" two Super Bowls from his team.

"Two times we could have blown them people out easily. They say, 'Oh, (Bill Belichick is) so smart. This is the best brain-storming coach.' Yeah, because he's cheating. He got caught," Porter said. "They've been videotaping for years, man. You cannot sit up there and honestly tell me if it wasn't working, why was he doing it so much? You're not going to sit up there and tell me if I'm a quarterback in my headset I know where the blitz is coming. I know where my hots and stuff is at before it happens. I know what play you're running on defense. All you got to do is be in the right position, just catch the ball."

to read rest of article:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-destroyed-Patriots*****-tape-stealing-Steelers-signals-in-2002-39267006

The best part is that they would send a low-level team employee into the opposing locker room to STEAL the play sheet for that game. They did this from 2000-2007 according to OTL/ESPN The Magazine report.

Those pricks should have gotten the death penalty for that level of cheating. Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 2306309830

We already suspected it and believed it, but when you hear it reported out loud?  UNBELIEVABLE!!! Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 2913999526

You and the people reporting this are just a bunch of jealous haters. Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 1797695198

You're right. Me, the people reporting this, and the 90 sources are jealous haters! Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 1797695198

90 sources to this story by a Pulitzer winning reporter! Wow! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road   Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 1:39 am

Hines Ward's 3 keys to a Steelers win

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 Ward_Brown_artcile

Former Steelers WR Hines Ward, now an analyst with NBC Sports, breaks down how the Steelers can beat the Patriots*.

Former Steelers receiver Hines Ward was in Pittsburgh this week interviewing Antonio Brown for NBC’s Steelers-Patriots* pregame show. Before sitting down with Brown, Ward talked with me about his three keys to the Steelers winning at Gillette Stadium on Thursday night.

Key Number One: Play mistake free football

“You can’t have any mistakes,” said Ward. “You have to play mistake free football when you are playing the Patriots*, in all three phases – special teams, offense and defense. You have to play mistake free football.”

Key Number Two: Make splash plays on offense

“You’ve got to have a couple of big plays, especially on the offensive side,” said Ward. “You don’t have (Le’Veon) Bell, you don’t have (Martavis) Bryant, and you lose your quarterback on the line in Maurkice Pouncey. In order for the Steelers to win this game Antonio Brown has to touch the ball at least 20 times. He is that firepower they need. He can make something happen, something spectacular happen.

“Offensively the pressure is on Ben (Roethlisberger) more than anyone. They have to score more than they are used to. You don’t have Bell. You don’t have Bryant. Those guys were a majority of the offense as far as making plays. Who steps up? Is it Markus Wheaton? You still have Heath Miller who is the guy I look at as a solid guy in the offense, always reliable, going to convert on third downs and is always open in the red zone.”

Key Number Three: Don’t give up big plays

“The defense can’t get beat for the big plays,” said Ward. “Playing Tom Brady you have to make him methodically take the football down the field. You can’t make it easy for him. A mental error, mistake, blown assignment or missed coverage can hurt. When you get to him with pressure, you have to tackle him. You have to make him feel a little bit uneasy sitting in the pocket. Applying pressure to him, not letting him sit in his spot and pick you to death, but also not giving up big plays. Make him go the distance.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hines-Wards-3-keys-to-a-Steelers-win/5b340443-9e16-4b73-92c2-a0f3f7cda021
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road   Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 5:56 pm

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

Brady averages 40 vs Steelers at Gillette but Patriots* don't have Keith Butler's signs. Yet.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road   Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers face challenge in beating Brady on the road
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2