Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDupree's Expectations Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Dupree's Expectations

Go down 
+5
Steeler-in-west
SoCalFan
Fire Arians
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Dupree's Expectations Empty
PostSubject: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm sure that steelers nation has their fingers crossed that Bud Dupree will exceed expectations. It's not very often a rookie linebacker has a big season but that is going to have to happen if the steelers want to have success this season. With an already weak secondary and the best pass rusher we have being Harrison we need someone to step in and put pressure on opposing quarterbacks to give them less time to pick our sub-par secondary apart.

here is an article from late july. Perhaps its moot now but I feel it is relative to the subject.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/07/22/what-to-expect-from-bud-dupree-in-2015/

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:15 pm

It will be interesting to watch him develop. I don't expect him to develop overnight but I do think he'll get better as the season goes on and will hopefully be playing a lot of snaps by the winter and positioning himself as a starter for next year. Woodley had a solid rookie year I recall.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:41 pm

6 sacks this season, double that next year
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:03 pm

PLEASE let 3 of those come Thursday! Twisted Evil

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:19 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
PLEASE let 3 of those come Thursday! Twisted Evil

If we get three sacks on Brady Thursday, We win.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:25 am

I would like nothing more than to see him in tonights game and get his first career sack by putiing Marsha's d...k in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 8:35 am

solardave wrote:
I would like nothing more than to see him in tonights game and get his first career sack by putiing Marsha's d...k in the dirt.

How can that happen when his wife holds it in her purse?

And we all know his balls are deflated!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Dupree's Expectations 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 9:09 am

Patriots* are starting a backup center (but so are the Steelers)... and two rookie guards. 3 sacks on Brady is not out of the question. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 9:48 am

HeinzMustard wrote:
Patriots** are starting a backup center (but so are the Steelers)... and two rookie guards.  3 sacks on Brady is not out of the question.  Twisted Evil

Has their backup center every punched a man in the nuts? Cody Wallace has ... just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 12:49 pm

HeinzMustard wrote:
Patriots*** are starting a backup center (but so are the Steelers)... and two rookie guards.  3 sacks on Brady is not out of the question.  Twisted Evil

Wonder if they got some blitzes dialed up for shazier, his speed could possibly cause problems blitzing up the middle

in my experience watching brady it does seem like the best way to rattle him is bringing pressure up the middle, he's good at getting rid of the ball before outside rushers can get to him. that's something that our D should try to exploit.
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
Patriots**** are starting a backup center (but so are the Steelers)... and two rookie guards.  3 sacks on Brady is not out of the question.  Twisted Evil

Wonder if they got some blitzes dialed up for shazier, his speed could possibly cause problems blitzing up the middle

in my experience watching brady it does seem like the best way to rattle him is bringing pressure up the middle, he's good at getting rid of the ball before outside rushers can get to him. that's something that our D should try to exploit.

Problem is... Shazier is probably the one that Butler is gonna stick on Gronkowski. The Steelers don't have anybody else, except maybe Timmons, who can run with Gronk. Most of our corners, minus Cortez Allen, are too small to cover #87.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:24 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

How can that happen when his wife holds it in her purse?

And we all know his balls are deflated!

Don't you dare rain on my parade Truck, I'd settle for a v.......a slap. Dupree's Expectations 1797695198 Or even if he puts his alleged d...k in the dirt. I want him to know we were in town to pay him a personal visit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dupree's Expectations   Dupree's Expectations Empty

Back to top Go down

Dupree's Expectations
Page 1 of 1