Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)

Go down 
+28
marvology
Fire Arians
SteelCityUnderground
Vis
HeinzMustard
Drizztbob
FrancoLambert
Steelcitian
Atlanta Dan
MostHateD
lotas
steelstoned1972
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
jak341
solardave
SteelCity4Life
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
ImperialFan
Chaotic Zen
SoCalFan
white_steel_wolfe
tony hipchest
EbonySteel86
Steel Peon
SteelerSpartan
Wallace108
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) Empty
PostSubject: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:03 am

This was a big win, and no one gets a Goat.

While there are a few players who deserve a Game Ball, I'm giving it to coach Butler. We don't have nowhere near the talent we're used to having on defense, but Butler has them playing well. Not great, but good enough. As bad as the offense played all night, the defense kept them in the game and gave them a chance. Coming into the season, we all knew that the offense would have to carry the defense. But with Ben out, the defense is now tasked with carrying the offense, and Butler has them doing just that.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:16 am

Man we needed this one bad.....Ben going down and that crap 10 days ago was just so freaking deflating.

Gameballs go to the Defense for never giving up....though I'm still a little annoyed we again looked caught off guard by gates.

iT was comical when they brought up that 2nd half 1st down comparison. Props to them for taking on so much of the load when it should be the offense buying them the  time to get formidable.

i can definitely hand out some goats to that Punt Return team for the constant barrage of holding and block in the back penalties.

Bottom line though, this win means a lot in staying viable for the playoffs......because even when Ben gets back we aren't going to be winning every game down the stretch this year....the schedule is just too tough. It's critical we find a way to get another W while Ben is out.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:23 am

SteelerSpartan wrote:
i can definitely hand out some goats to that Punt Return team for the constant barrage of holding and block in the back penalties.

Good point. Those penalties need to be addressed.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:23 am

Special Teams (aside from the bonehead penalties), Cam Heyward, and Antwon Blake get game balls.

Vick gets a 1/2 goat for almost throwing 3 picks and doing jack shit for 57 minutes.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 am

I'm giving my game Ball to the kicker. I haven't seen a made FG in awhile. It felt wonderful!!!
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 am

I like the Coach Butler call. Normally I would say you give the game ball to Mike Vick for his first win as a Pittsburgh Steeler and for what he did in the 4th quarter to earn the win, but one player walked off the field with the game ball in his hands and that was Leveon Bell.

Bottom line is Mike Tomlin and the Coaches put the ball in Bell's hands when everything was on the line.

he goes home with it

. .
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:34 am

This is what total awareness looks like:

Edit: Aw shit Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 3918737645 Click the little YouTube thingy Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 3327560342

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:42 am

Ball; to the team. Great team win. Goats? Not today.

Charger fans crying over a hold- yet we lost 18 seconds and had more penalties.
Hahahaha

Feels good to win.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:47 am

game BALLS!

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 12144748_1072312829447914_6229955837684587277_n

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:48 am

Game ball: Bell and the D
Goat: Vick. I don't care that he led us to the win, it was essentially 2 descent passes at the most opportune time.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:53 am

SoCalFan wrote:
game BALLS!

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 12144748_1072312829447914_6229955837684587277_n

Mike Tomlin has zero fucks to give about what armchair quarterbacks think.

I like that.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:18 am

I'm gonna give the game balls to bell and Vick. Vick didn't do shit for 55 minutes but he did good enough to keep us in it and made 5 or 6 good plays down the stretch. Bottom line he had one of the best 2 minutes drives I've seen lately that and eli last night.

Goats Vick is also a goat.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:24 am

Game balls to Bell and Heyward IMO. Timmons, Tuitt, Cockrell, Decastro, Heath also stood out to me. Blake pick 6 was big, but he largely looked like he was getting beat and I was really hoping to see Boykin a few times.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:31 am

Gameballs:

Le'Veon Bell - Best running back in the NFL. Hands down. I'd take him over AP, or Charles, or any of the other running backs. He's absolutely phenomenal. He was our offense through three quarters, and came through for us at the end of the game with pure effort to get the ball across the goal line when he was needed the most.

Darrius Heyward-Bey - Showed up on the final drive with a clutch catch for a first down. Looked like it might've been one of those types of 3rd Down plays where Vick would've been forced to throw it away but DHB came up with a tough catch to give us a key 1st Down. He's been kind of an unsung hero for this team while filing in for Bryant during his absence.

Michael Vick - Fans and Jon Gruden were questioning whether or not Landry Jones should get a chance through the first three quarters... Myself included. I will eat some crow, and give credit where credit is due. Vick made a beautiful throw and took a monster hit on the 72yd TD pass to Wheaton. He then lead our team down the field to win the game making a few clutch throws, and his one scramble of the night was absolutely clutch and put us in a position to win the game outright. He deserves credit for sticking it through. After giving this a lot of thought, I don't think Landry makes those plays, and Vick is being asked to do a LOT considering he's only been with the team for 7 weeks, and he's learning an offensive system that's almost completely foreign to him. Fans should remember that Roethlisberger didn't start off too hot when he was first learning Haley's offense but once he got things down pat we became one of the best offenses in the league. Vick deserves a lot of credit for the win tonight. There's more pressure on him than on anyone else on this team.

Markus Wheaton - The 72yd TD catch off a double move was clutch. He broke a couple of defender's ankles and had a TD that literally snuffed out all the momentum the Chargers had generated on the previous drive when they had to dink and dunk their way down the field for a hard earned TD to Antonio Gates. Wheaton flashed his playmaking ability, would like to see him do this with more consistency in the future.

The Defense - These guys have been playing quite well this season outside of the issues shaking off rust in Week 1 against the Patriots********. Jarvis Jones deserves some recognition here. He was often pushing pressure into Rivers' face, he had a sack, and he forced a fumble on Melvin Gordon. Would like to see what these guys can do when they're all at full health. Antwon Blake also deserves some credit for the pick six play that helped give this team a fighting chance when things could've possibly gotten out of reach.

Goats:

Antonio Brown - He has not been having himself the best of games since last week, and he was blanketed by the Chargers secondary most of the night. Had a couple of opportunities to beat 1 on 1 coverage and was completely covered. Was a very off kilter night for Brown. Some of this can be attributed to the stale offense, and Vick not being able to get the ball out, but some of this fault falls on Brown's shoulders as well.

The Offensive Line - They held it together enough to get the win, but Vick had pressure in his face and was getting hit far too many times last night. In the Ravens game this could be attributed to him holding onto the ball for too long and not getting the ball out early, but the pressure from the Chargers' Defense was in his face quickly for most of the night. This hampered a QB who is already essentially learning a complex offensive system on the fly and hindered our offense. The O-Line will have to do a MUCH better job against Arizona if we hope to beat them.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:52 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:36 am

Vick is Steelers Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

When the Steelers needed a touchdown drive, Mike Vick delivered for his team.

SAN DIEGO – This was they signed him, and when the game was on the line, Mike Vick found a way to deliver.

When the Steelers were trailing, 17-10, in the fourth quarter, Vick hooked up with Markus Wheaton on a double-move for the 72-yard touchdown that tied the game. Then with the Steelers needing a field goal to tie and about two minutes remaining, Vick directed the offense on a 12-play, 80-yard touchdown drive that made the Steelers 24-20 winners and sent tens of thousands of the team’s fans home extremely happy.

Vick finished the game 13-for-26 for 203 yards with one touchdown and one interception, and on the game-winning drive his 24-yard run converted a third-and-6 and put the ball at the Chargers 17-yard line.

Mike Vick is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: Le’Veon Bell, who had 111 yards rushing on 21 carries and the game-deciding 1-yard touchdown, plus 4 catches for 16 more yards; Antwon Blake, who had a 70-yard pick-six in the second half to account for the Steelers’ first touchdown; Lawrence Timmons, who had nine tackles, including two for loss, and a pass defensed late in the fourth quarter; Jarvis Jones, who had five tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble that Shamarko Thomas recovered; Cam Heyward, who was credited with only one tackle but was in the Chargers backfield a good part of the night; and new kicker Chris Boswell, who made a 47-yard field goal, all three Pats*, and had three of his four kickoffs go for touchbacks much to Jacoby Jones’ dismay.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...0-2205e31beded
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:42 am

Game Ball

- Le'Veon Bell of course. Made the play that we needed to win. That's what a game ball should be about

- Props to Vick despite him drawing major anger from me the past two weeks. I was all but silenced after the Wheaton TD

- Defense. They weren't perfect but they continue to impress even with a lack of personnel. The Chargers O line was under fire very often and even got to Rivers a couple times

Goat

- Special teams for the constant penalties and botching really good returns. Downing them near their endzone was about the only positive.

Way to come back and exceed my expectations to run the ball in and put an end to the game and ride home with a win. Gonna need to get ready for arguably the hardest game on our schedule.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 1505004552
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:10 am

Game balls: Bell, Wheaton and Vick by a hair.
Keith Butler for getting the max out of what he has to work with.
Haley/Tomlin for putting the ball in Bell's hands at the end.

Goat: STs and the refs for not arresting #22 for mugging AB. I saw several times him hold outside of the allowed cushion. It is what it is. We won.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:19 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Gameballs:

Le'Veon Bell - Best running back in the NFL. Hands down. I'd take him over AP, or Charles, or any of the other running backs. He's absolutely phenomenal. He was our offense through three quarters, and came through for us at the end of the game with pure effort to get the ball across the goal line when he was needed the most.

...truncated...

Can't disagree with this. My feelings as well.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:21 am

Game balls: The team. Defense especially. Vick gritted, Bell saved.

GOATS: The clock operator. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13876333/pittsburgh-steelers-win-voids-18-second-game-clock-error

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:25 am

Goats:
Haley for hand cuffing Vick with the weak play calling
Offensive line for not giving Vick the time he needed early in the game

Gameballs:
Bell for doing what he does
Vick for the 2 minute drive
Tomlin for THE CALL
Defense

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:29 am

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Vick-says-Roethlisberger-drew-up-his-game-tying-touchdown-pass-40215165

Game ball to Ben !

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:49 am

Hell yeah, Ben.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:08 am

Gameball goes to San Diego fans. Holy hell that sounded like a Steelers home game. I was laughing when you could hear HEAAAAATH as you do at Heinz Field.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:12 am

Game Balls

Bell of course

Tomlin for putting the season on the line and going for the win rather than needing another score in OT

Vick for the last 8 minutes of the game

And Steelers Nation for taking over Qualcomm

"First I'd like to thank Steeler Nation," Tomlin said. "How about the support that we had in the building tonight? We get that type of support just about all of the time we're on the road, but it doesn't get old. We appreciate it."

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers didn't. Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 1797695198

"It was a tough environment tonight. It was like being on the road," he said.

"Odd is one word we could use," Rivers said. "We were in silent count and we had no chance. We were checking in and out of plays and it was about as tough as it gets. I'm usually hoarse after road games and I'm going to be today as well."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-beat-san-diego-chargers-leveon-bell-scores-1-yard-td-final-play-game-101215

Goats

Punt return special teams

Vick for the first 52 minutes of the game

Just a huge win - going to 2-3 and losing the tiebreaker to the Chargers for the wildcard would have been tough to overcome
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:19 am

MostHateD wrote:
Gameball goes to San Diego fans. Holy hell that sounded like a Steelers home game. I was laughing when you could hear HEAAAAATH as you do at Heinz Field.
Thats why I laugh when I hear "Patriots* Nation" or "Ravens Nation" and the like-I don't see any other teams travel to other stadiums or be fans from other locations like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next