Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAmerican Horror Story: Hotel Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

American Horror Story: Hotel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

American Horror Story: Hotel Empty
PostSubject: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:25 am

Just was able to watch the first episode. I must say I am impressed so far. Definitely has a very eerie "The Shining" type of vibe to it, and it had some sprinkles of "Silence of the Lambs" that I picked up on as well. Also the first episode was easily the most graphic and disturbing one that I've seen thus far.

Anyone else watching?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:10 am

Yup, it took a while to convince my wife to watch with me, and now she has seen every season and we watch each Wednesday. She is not a horror fan at all and we constantly talk about how f'ed up the writers of this show must be.

So far, this one is pretty well done. Not sure I like the vampire angle, but we will see where this goes. I'm pleasantly surprised about how well Lady Gaga has been.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:55 pm

I was disappointed with the past two seasons, so I didn't set my expectations too high for Hotel. So far, it has exceeded my expectations. Although I am definitely missing Jessica Lange and Lily Rabe.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 2:33 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I was disappointed with the past two seasons, so I didn't set my expectations too high for Hotel. So far, it has exceeded my expectations. Although I am definitely missing Jessica Lange and Lily Rabe.

Yeah I really miss Jessica Lange, she's always been amazing for the show. I wasn't a huge fan of Freak Show, I think they could've done much better. The casting I thought was great, but the story was kind of predictable and I just felt it could've been so much better. I loved the idea of it overall though. I really enjoyed Coven though. I was wary of the witch storyline at first but I thought they played it out pretty well and they added some monster cast members that season.

One of my personal favorites on the show is Kathy Bates. That woman is amazing. I'd put her right up there with Jessica Lange. She can play any role.

Drizztbob wrote:
Yup, it took a while to convince my wife to watch with me, and now she has seen every season and we watch each Wednesday.  She is not a horror fan at all and we constantly talk about how f'ed up the writers of this show must be.

So far, this one is pretty well done.  Not sure I like the vampire angle, but we will see where this goes.  I'm pleasantly surprised about how well Lady Gaga has been.

My wife is the one that got me hooked. We both love horror movies though. October is our favorite month, and Halloween our favorite holiday. I agree about Lady Gaga, I think she fits in well because she's kind of weird to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 1:59 am

Is it just me, or does the new trailer for Season 6 suggest some kind of connection with the previous seasons? I could be wrong, but I don't remember past trailers referencing other seasons.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 9:56 am

Interesting theories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--FeFpweN18

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 1:04 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Interesting theories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--FeFpweN18

Hmmm, a lot of interesting stuff in that video. We've obviously seen a few characters appear (briefly) in multiple seasons, namely Pepper and Queenie, but it came across as cameos, not a thread connecting the stories. Some of the theories in the video definitely point to possible connections. Since we've seen a few characters appear in multiple seasons, we know that all of the stories exist within the same "universe." So the idea that all of the stories are connected is not only possible, but it now seems likely. It'll be interesting to see if the show takes that route and ties everything together, or if each season is left to stand on their own.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Yeah I'm almost sure there is a connecting thread somehow, and if there is, it sure as shit better be pointed out and not "left for interpretation".

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Has anyone been watching the new season? I can't say I hate it but I don't feel as hooked as I did in previous season.

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Hotel   American Horror Story: Hotel Empty

Back to top Go down

American Horror Story: Hotel
Page 1 of 1