Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict

Go down 
+5
FrancoLambert
pczach
BlackAndGold
solardave
IowaSteeler927
9 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict Empty
PostSubject: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:24 pm

All credit for this article goes to Behind the Steel Curtain:

"Editor's Note: Pittsburgh Steelers ILB Vince Williams reached out to BTSC to release a statement in regards to his Twitter comment directed towards Cincinnati Bengals Vontaze Burfict.

If you don't follow Pittsburgh Steelers ILB Vince Williams on Twitter, I strongly suggest you do so (@VinnyVidiVici98) as soon as possible. And before you think it has anything to do with the recent tweet sent in regards to Cincinnati Bengals Vontaze Burfict, you are wrong.

Williams is one of the most honest and well-spoken athletes you will find on social media. He interacts with fans, and shows respect not only for his team and teammates, but the game itself. When Williams' tweet directed towards Burfict sent ripples throughout the NFL waters, it was Williams who reached out to BTSC to make a statement 'on his comments. He didn't back off his words, but simply wanted a platform to explain them. I was happy to oblige."

Continued...

To read the rest of the article and read the statement made by Vince Williams please head over to BTSC here:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/11/4/9672470/steelers-ilb-vince-williams-releases-statement-on-threat-made-towards

The original Tweet:

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict Burfict-1-Williams-11-03-15

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 1:49 am

I didn't think the tackle was dirty and honestly didn't pay attention to him going off of the field. I was watching Bell. The fact that he was celebrating earns him the douchebag of the century.
I can't remember which Bengal player was down for awhile but when he did get up I could hear the crowd clapping.
In my opinion anyone who is a true fan of the game does not cheer an opposing player getting hurt no matter how much you dislike him or his team. This includes players because you must be a fan if you play the game. Right?
James Harrison has been labeled dirty but has anyone ever seen him celebrate a hit that caused injury? Hell no! Instead we see him pick QBs up off of the ground, pat them on the back and go back to the huddle.

A..holes like play because they can do things on the field that would land them in jail on the street.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 2:36 am

solardave wrote:
I didn't think the tackle was dirty and honestly didn't pay attention to him going off of the field. I was watching Bell. The fact that he was celebrating earns him the douchebag of the century.
I can't remember which Bengal player was down for awhile but when he did get up I could hear the crowd clapping.
In my opinion anyone who is a true fan of the game does not cheer an opposing player getting hurt no matter how much you dislike him or his team. This includes players because you must be a fan if you play the game. Right?
James Harrison has been labeled dirty but has anyone ever seen him celebrate a hit that caused injury? Hell no! Instead we see him pick QBs up off of the ground, pat them on the back and go back to the huddle.

A..holes like play because they can do things on the field that would land them in jail on the street.

Yeah I have no issue with the tackle at all. I've watched it, it was a routine tackle and Bell just caught his leg underneath of him. I do have a problem with a player celebrating when someone is obviously seriously injured. Usually you'll see guys celebrate after big hits, but he didn't even make a big hit, it was a relatively routine tackle and he admitted hearing a "pop" so your response is to run to the sideline and celebrate with your buddies? Pretty classless, and it makes me hate Burfict, and the Bengals that much more. I am firmly on the side of Vince Williams and I hope Burfict gets his just desserts.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 2:56 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Yeah I have no issue with the tackle at all. I've watched it, it was a routine tackle and Bell just caught his leg underneath of him. I do have a problem with a player celebrating when someone is obviously seriously injured. Usually you'll see guys celebrate after big hits, but he didn't even make a big hit, it was a relatively routine tackle and he admitted hearing a "pop" so your response is to run to the sideline and celebrate with your buddies? Pretty classless, and it makes me hate Burfict, and the Bengals that much more. I am firmly on the side of Vince Williams and I hope Burfict gets his just desserts.

That should be added to the rules as taunting and he should be fined for it. Unsportmanslike conduct is an understatement.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 3:12 am

The Dec 12th match up is going to be chippy.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 3:52 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
The Dec 12th match up is going to be chippy.

Yeah I fully expect things to get ugly. I hope we see a lot of stuff like this:

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict 6682376

pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 6:28 am

Any player that laughs or celebrates when a fellow player gets injured is a complete asshole and scumbag. Particularly when they are the player that caused the injury. To me, it implies intent to injure. It tells you a lot about the person. I don't think the tackle was dirty by the rules of football, but after hearing about his reaction to the injury, it tells me that is the reason he grabbed Bell and pulled him backward rather than just wrapping up around the waist and legs.

After hearing how this shithead acted, I will actively be rooting for this idiot to get injured and I will celebrate when he does.

Things like this really piss me off. Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict 2306309830

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 7:45 am

pczach wrote:
Any player that laughs or celebrates when a fellow player gets injured is a complete asshole and scumbag. Particularly when they are the player that caused the injury. To me, it implies intent to injure. It tells you a lot about the person. I don't think the tackle was dirty by the rules of football, but after hearing about his reaction to the injury, it tells me that is the reason he grabbed Bell and pulled him backward rather than just wrapping up around the waist and legs.

After hearing how this shithead acted, I will actively be rooting for this idiot to get injured and I will celebrate when he does.

Things like this really piss me off. Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict 2306309830

Bengals fans are arguing that Mitchell celebrated the hit on Marvin Jones. What they (rather conveniently) seem to forget is the fact that Marvin Jones wasn't lying there with a potential season ending injury and the hit was perfectly clean.

Injuries are bound to happen but two major knee injuries against the same team two years in a row? Smells like bullshit to me. Then you factor in the celebrating while a guy is laying there hurt and they damn-well knew it wasn't something minor, that's just disgusting and completely devoid of character and class.

FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 9:02 am

[quote="solardave"]I didn't think the tackle was dirty and honestly didn't pay attention to him going off of the field. I was watching Bell. The fact that he was celebrating earns him the douchebag of the century.

A..holes like play because they can do things on the field that would land them in jail on the street.[/quote]

Hmmm.....a criminal element possibly exists in the NFL?????

Be careful with what you say, you may find yourself in court. Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict 2981382511
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 11:42 am

I'm in the minority here, but I believe it was a hit with the intent to injure. Was the hit illegal? No.
But that doesn't mean Burfict wasn't trying to hurt him. Again, the fact that he jumped up and celebrated when Bell was clearly injured shows his true intentions.

What about Geno Atkins hitting Ben's knee? You think these are isolated events that happened just by chance? No, we were a wounded animal heading into that game and the Bengals' goal was to put us out of our misery. See you in December you pieces of shit.

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 1:09 pm

lotas wrote:
I'm in the minority here, but I believe it was a hit with the intent to injure. Was the hit illegal? No.
But that doesn't mean Burfict wasn't trying to hurt him. Again, the fact that he jumped up and celebrated when Bell was clearly injured shows his true intentions.

What about Geno Atkins hitting Ben's knee? You think these are isolated events that happened just by chance? No, we were a wounded animal heading into that game and the Bengals' goal was to put us out of our misery. See you in December you pieces of shit.
Two teams I want to see get buried in the rematches:
Ravens and Bengals.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 12:53 am

It'll come back to haunt Burfict. He's playing on a rebuilt knee himself. Some of the Steelers post game comments last week make you think they'll be none too hesitant to lay a hurting on him if given the chance. Cincy always makes me laugh. They rack up the wins in season and then one and out in the playoffs.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 1:18 am

lotas wrote:

Agree with your assessment. I think he was trying to take Bell out. I'm sure bounty gate was/is not relegated to just the saints. Disdain is the word I would use for the bengals. through my years watching the steelers, I viewed the bengals at the bottom of the Respect meter among division rivalries. Ravens, Browns (the Brian Sipe/Kosar browns), Oilers, then the 'wacky Sam Wyche' Bengals. Guess their getting a little success and its getting to their heads.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 6:29 am

Ramon Foster had some interesting things to say about Burfict.

Burfict left the game briefly last night with a knee injury.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-takes-out-camera-leaves-thursday-game-with-knee-injury/

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict 3798349058

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 8:25 am

pczach wrote:
Ramon Foster had some interesting things to say about Burfict.

Burfict left the game briefly last night with a knee injury.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-takes-out-camera-leaves-thursday-game-with-knee-injury/

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict 3798349058

I hope it gets worse. Normally I'd never wish an injury upon someone, but Burfict is an exception. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict   Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers ILB Vince Williams reaches out to clarify Twitter threat towards Vontaze Burfict
Page 1 of 1