Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMaster of None Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Master of None

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Master of None   Master of None EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:06 am

Aziz Ansari has a new show on Netflix called Master of None. It's an incredible show. The second episode, titled Parents, was probably the funniest and most touching thing I've seen on television in a long time. Fun fact about that episode: the "actors" playing his parents are Aziz's actual parents.

The show is more or less a semi-autobiographical look at Aziz's life in New York. It's co-written by Aziz and Alan Yang, who was one of the writers/producers on Parks & Rec. I highly recommend it to everybody.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
teegre

teegre

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master of None   Master of None EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Aziz Ansari is amazing, he's amazing, he's amazing!!!

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master of None   Master of None EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 am

Three episodes in.

Plan B is about the quandary that most childless 30-somethings go through: "Do I really want kids???" (I'm going to make my brother watch this.)

Parents is about how this generation doesn't appreciate their parents. (I called my dad afterwards.)

Hot Ticket is about the etiquette (or, lack thereof) of modern dating, such as: not texting back. (I'm so glad that I'm married.)

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master of None   Master of None EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 am

teegre wrote:
Three episodes in.  

Plan B is about the quandary that most childless 30-somethings go through: "Do I really want kids???"  (I'm going to make my brother watch this.)  

Parents is about how this generation doesn't appreciate their parents.  (I called my dad afterwards.)  

Hot Ticket is about the etiquette (or, lack thereof) of modern dating, such as: not texting back.  (I'm so glad that I'm married.)  

Nashville (I think it's episode 5 or 6) is a really, really good episode.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master of None   Master of None EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 5:23 pm

JonM229 wrote:
teegre wrote:
Three episodes in.  

Plan B is about the quandary that most childless 30-somethings go through: "Do I really want kids???"  (I'm going to make my brother watch this.)  

Parents is about how this generation doesn't appreciate their parents.  (I called my dad afterwards.)  

Hot Ticket is about the etiquette (or, lack thereof) of modern dating, such as: not texting back.  (I'm so glad that I'm married.)  

We find the time to watch one episode per night (after the kids fall asleep). I'll probably get to it by Thanksgiving.

Going back to the first episode, once you have your son, that episode will be a whole lot funnier. My brother is like Dev (Aziz) in that he's always telling me how easy it would be for him to have kids. So, I had him watch my daughter for a day. (Insert: Dev/Aziz at the yogurt shop.) My brother slept for 11 hours after watching her (she wore him out)... to which I reminded him: I don't get to send her "back" in order to catch up on sleep; there are no "sick days."

SUMMATION:
Anyone can be a parent for one day. It's the other 364 days that are the bitch.

Master of None 312503953
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master of None   Master of None EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 7:29 pm

teegre wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
teegre wrote:
Three episodes in.  

We find the time to watch one episode per night (after the kids fall asleep).  I'll probably get to it by Thanksgiving.  

Going back to the first episode, once you have your son, that episode will be a whole lot funnier.  My brother is like Dev (Aziz) in that he's always telling me how easy it would be for him to have kids.  So, I had him watch my daughter for a day.  (Insert: Dev/Aziz at the yogurt shop.)  My brother slept for 11 hours after watching her (she wore him out)... to which I reminded him: I don't get to send her "back" in order to catch up on sleep; there are no "sick days."  

SUMMATION:  
Anyone can be a parent for one day.  It's the other 364 days that are the bitch.  

Master of None 312503953

My wife doesn't like binging on new shows (though she'll blow through Frasier or The Office in a week) so we would watch about how 3 episodes at a time.

There were several times throughout the first episode that I thought to myself, "Oh fudge." Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

As I've mentioned before, the show is some of the best television I've seen. It's hilariously funny and incredibly poignant. I very much hope that he does another season with Netflix.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master of None   Master of None EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:37 pm

JonM229 wrote:
teegre wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
teegre wrote:
Three episodes in.  

We find the time to watch one episode per night (after the kids fall asleep).  I'll probably get to it by Thanksgiving.  

Going back to the first episode, once you have your son, that episode will be a whole lot funnier.  My brother is like Dev (Aziz) in that he's always telling me how easy it would be for him to have kids.  So, I had him watch my daughter for a day.  (Insert: Dev/Aziz at the yogurt shop.)  My brother slept for 11 hours after watching her (she wore him out)... to which I reminded him: I don't get to send her "back" in order to catch up on sleep; there are no "sick days."  

SUMMATION:  
Anyone can be a parent for one day.  It's the other 364 days that are the bitch.  

Master of None 312503953

My wife doesn't like binging on new shows (though she'll blow through Frasier or The Office in a week) so we would watch about how 3 episodes at a time.

There were several times throughout the first episode that I thought to myself, "Oh fudge." Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

As I've mentioned before, the show is some of the best television I've seen. It's hilariously funny and incredibly poignant. I very much hope that he does another season with Netflix.

Yep. There were times when I said out loud: "This is brilliant."

It touches on "key points" of a topic, with the perfect amount of embellishment: not too hyperbolic, but enough to really bring the point home. Such as the kid putting his dick on 30 boxes of frozen waffles. No kid would ever "really" do that, but a kid could definitely ruin 30 boxes of waffles on a millisecond.

Since we saw that, the wife & I have made an homage to that scene ("Get your dick off of the frozen waffles") at least a dozen times. Master of None 312503953

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Master of None Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master of None   Master of None Empty

Back to top Go down

Master of None
Page 1 of 1