Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGolf                                              Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Golf

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
SteelersYak
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Golf                                              Empty
PostSubject: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 am

Does anyone enjoy golf? I hope Buddha does or I'm sure he will delete this thread. Golf                                              294855916 Putt putt counts too! Golf                                              1797695198

Watching the Master's this weekend I realized 2 things:
1. Rory is a choke artist
2. Tiger is incredibly close to coming back. He is still missing the swagger that made him the champion on the golf course.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:41 am

I guess I was wrong in my previous post about Tiger being VERY close to being at the top of his game. So much for optimism. Golf                                              294855916

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Tiger Woods says he didn't do any more damage to his left leg at The Players Championship and expects to play the U.S. Open next month.

Woods made it only nine holes last week at The Players -- his shortest tournament ever -- when he withdrew because of what he described as a chain reaction of pain from his left knee to left Achilles and tightening in his calf. He shot 42 on the front nine.

On his website Monday, Woods said he irritated the knee and Achilles without making them worse. He said doctors have advised rest, cold water therapy and soft tissue treatment, which he said he already had been
receiving.

"Aggravating my injury is very disappointing," Woods said. "I'll do whatever is necessary to play in the U.S. Open, and I'm hopeful I can be there to compete."

Read more

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:53 am

I'll be honest ... I don't know the first thing about golf. But from what I've seen, Tiger hasn't been the same since his scandal. In sports, mental toughness is just as important as physical toughness. And Tiger hasn't been there mentally.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:30 am

I'm a golf fan.
I think Tiger has lost his mojo! He has a great run Sunday at the Masters, looked his old self but then as soon as he hit one wayward shot he was done. The big thing for him is that he is not a play from behind, make a charge type of player. He's a get out in front to put pressure on the other guys and watch them fall off the pace type of player. He simply became more human to everyone else on the tour through his whole ladies fiasco. Then his game dropped off and thye other players are not intimidated by him. Even when he does get ahead in teh future they will be less likely to fade and more likely to charge successfully and put the pressure back on Tiger. Tiger doesn't seem to have the same belief in his own game as evidenced by him making his 3rd major swing change of his career. None of the other great golfers ever changed the major parts of their swings unless forced to by injury. Tiger continues to do this and it only sets him back before he adjusts again to the nes swing IMO. I think these changes have cost him at least 2-4 majors. Tweeking is one thing changing is another all together. Now he thinks he tore up his other knee. If he is out for 4-5months and still working on his new swing when he gets back he may never win another major. If he cannot pass Jack's mark then he will not be the best ever IMO.

As far as Rory in the masters he certainly choked big time. He's young so the choke is not concerning but the fact that he gave up and played to just get the hell out of their tells you all you need to know. Would Jack, Tiger, Hogan or Arnie ever give in like thta? Hell no! No matter how bad they would have soldiered on.
Another thing with Rory is that he isn't a big guy and alot like Sergio he has a swing that relies on some major lag to generate all that distance for their smaller frames. The problem with this is that you must swing hard to keep the timing right. Its hard to controll distance with this type of swing and its unreliable under the pressure of the really big situation IMO. You see the big hook when they try to swing easy and you see the blocked out push when they go at it hard. Its just not a reliable swing under ultimit pressure from my perspective. The swing because of the lag requires a hard but consistant swing speed and tempo to keep the flight and path of the ball the same. Other swings especially more verticle high draw or high fade swings alow for alot more variation with speed and tempo without drastically changing the the ball flight and path.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:09 am

I like your analysis. Tiger's life is in shambles. His romantic career, his family, his body, and his golf game. I know it's hard for me to be an effective golfer after I've had a fight with someone or a bad day, I can just imagine how hard it must be when you add all the elements that Tiger Woods faces. Golf is very much a mental game, and if your mind isn't right... you're body falters soon after.

Europe is taking charge in the World Golf rankings... maybe the win in the Ryder Cup was a huge confidence boost for them.
Golf                                              2087824411

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 am

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 am

The Open starts today! I hope Phil finally wins his US Open. He looks like he is in pretty good shape physically and you know he'll be motivated.
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:21 am

I play a ton of golf. Played on the golf team for my high school for 4 years, but for some reason I absolutely HATE watching it. It bores the living hell out of me, even though I thoroughly enjoy walking 18 holes very frequently.

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Rory doubled the last today with a huge league. He's strarting his calapse a bit early this time. I have no faith in him wining after the Masters.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:00 am

jjmjmay wrote:
Rory doubled the last today with a huge league. He's strarting his calapse a bit early this time. I have no faith in him wining after the Masters.

I hope the bottom falls out today. I do not like Rory one bit.

I'm salty that Fowler couldn't put a better round together to even make the cut. Golf                                              1505004552

Golf has become very boring to me, we need Tiger back.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 am

mcg24 wrote:
I play a ton of golf. Played on the golf team for my high school for 4 years, but for some reason I absolutely HATE watching it. It bores the living hell out of me, even though I thoroughly enjoy walking 18 holes very frequently.

I play golf every weekend, usually in outings. I couldn't tell you the last time I have walked a full 18, but I do walk quite a bit on the course.

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Well that was boring as hell. Congrats to Rory though especially being able to put that Masters disaster behind him. I really wish Golf would have 5-10 guys emerge who could challange each other in the big tornements on a regular basis for the next 5-10 year. It would be more entertaining than watching Rory blow the field away or no nomaed foriegn dudes win majors.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:17 am

You mean you didn't love the 18 holes of Rory love-fest? Rolling Eyes Golf                                              1072540953

Golf is being dominated right now by Europe (ever since the Ryder Cup). I really wish Tiger would come back and start destroying these European loverboys.

At this point, I'd even start rooting for Phil (and I've never liked lefty).

Right now my top 3 golfers are:
Tiger
Fowler
Stricker

Who do you have?

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 am

Its a shame I really don't have a set few favorite guys right now. I like Phil when he cares which seems like never since he won his last Masters. But i like guys who go for it rather than play it safe. It just doesn't seem like any of the younger american players really have the personality make up to be big time winners. They are all to easy going IMO. Say what you want about Tiger and his cursing/club smashing but at least you always know the guy really wants to win and cares about it. I like Stricker and Fyruk out of the americans getting up there in age but i'm waiting for a young brash tallented american player who despritally wants to win and stick it to the euro's.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Does anyone enjoy golf? I hope Buddha does or I'm sure he will delete this thread. Golf                                              294855916 Putt putt counts too! Golf                                              1797695198

Watching the Master's this weekend I realized 2 things:
1. Rory is a choke artist
2. Tiger is incredibly close to coming back. He is still missing the swagger that made him the champion on the golf course.

remind me to never go to vegas with you Golf                                              1378315869
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:36 am

vasteeler wrote:

remind me to never go to vegas with you Golf                                              1378315869

I'm sticking by my word.... it's not over yet Golf                                              1797695198

If Rory wins the British Open, I'll eat crow.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 am

I bought my first set of "nice" golf clubs today. I got some Nike irons and I am very excited to use them this weekend (it came with free next day shipping). I've heard that having "nicer" clubs improves distance and accuracy (due to having a larger sweet spot).

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 am

More woes for Tiger Woods... it was just announced he will not be playing in the British Open. As more time passes, the harder it is for him to come back and be a threat to win tournaments.

Looks like I'll be snoring through another major championship, unless Fowler does something great.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:37 pm

I didn't get to see much of the British Open, but I heard the conditions were brutal.

And Rory shot over par. Awesome.
Golf                                              184121345

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:27 am

Tiger Woods plans to play at Bridgestone Invitational

I couldn't be more excited to be able to enjoy golf again. There is a lot on the line for Tiger as if he doesn't do well, he will be sitting out of the PGA Championship.

Could be a great comeback if he is able to qualify and win that.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:13 am

Tiger Woods returns to golf tomorrow. Golf                                              1372836603

Looks like I'll be getting a lot of work done....
Rolling Eyes

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Fowler tied for the lead, Tiger playing well.

I may never watch Steeler football again
Golf                                              1549491426 Golf                                              1549491426 Golf                                              1549491426 Golf                                              1549491426 Golf                                              2573146105 Golf                                              2573146105 Golf                                              3562723908 Golf                                              3562723908

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:18 am

Even though Tiger didn't win (and didn't even really put himself in a position to win) it was still fun to watch and have Tiger back in golf. Hands down, he is the most important person to the Tour. Say what you want about his character flaws, but if he was not in golf, the handful of people that watch it now would not tune in.

I look forward to HOPEFULLY watching him get his form back.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:12 am

Tiger tees off at 8:35 am on Thursday. I'm hoping for big things Golf                                              230572241

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Tiger Woods is playing golf again Golf                                              1372836603

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              Empty

Back to top Go down

Golf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next