Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition

Go down 
+21
Fire Arians
pczach
Rick5895
effyou515
solardave
DesertSteel
OX1947
ImperialFan
EbonySteel86
Wallace108
SoCalFan
Steel Peon
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelerSpartan
BlackAndGold
FrancoLambert
FanSince72
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
jak341
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:57 am

Gameballs: Toussaint, Todman, Shazier, Ben and Boswell. Not necessarily in that order.

Goats: Classless Bengal fans! Gay for that stupid celebration. If I was Tomlin I'd tell everyone that if your celebration draws a flag I WILL FINE YOUR STUPID ASS! Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 2913999526 Probably should read stupid asses but I didn't see who was there with him.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 7:23 am

a big bowl of Skyline Chili for Joey Porter for pissing off Adam Pacman Jones.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:09 am

Game Ball: Hill and Burfect. Without them, we lose!

Goats: Hill and Burfect. Without them Bengals win this game! LOL
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:34 am

Game balls to the defense especially Shazier, as well Todman and Toussaint, great effort. Ben is a beast, and Martavis clearly responded well to Ben.

I find it utterly amazing that folks continually criticize the coaching. I would have gone for 2 in that instance, no question, and this team is 75-80% going for 2. Far and away best in thew league. To get a win with DeAngelo out, Ben missing a quarter and in a very good teams house, there is no criticism of the coaches in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 am

Game ball to the entire team, with special recognition to a few:

Shazier's performance was legendary in this game. It seemed like there were two #50s out there. Huge hits, creating turnovers, just leading with relentless play. Awesome.

Toussant and Toddman for really playing well in a huge spot for the Steelers. Well done!

For coming in to save the day when it looked like all hope was lost with a broken wing......Big Ben.....the stuff of legend!

Burfict - for being the asshole he is!

Goats:

Officiating - those asshole called a one-sided game for the Bengals again. The penalties and punishments were not given out evenly or fairly. It just felt like the Steelers offense had to go an additional 15 yards on every drive to get points. They had a horrible impact on a game that the Steelers dominated and should have put away a lot earlier if they called things evenly. Shazier's crushing hit on Bernard should have been a fumble/TD. If they didn't keep the Bengals in the game, the Steelers win easily, and Ben and Brown don't get hurt late in the game.

Cincinnati fans - what a fucking disgrace........

Burfict - for being the asshole he is......

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 9:02 am

pczach wrote:

Shazier's performance was legendary in this game. It seemed like there were two #50s out there. Huge hits, creating turnovers, just leading with relentless play. Awesome.

Toussant and Toddman for really playing well in a huge spot for the Steelers. Well done!

For coming in to save the day when it looked like all hope was lost with a broken wing......Big Ben.....the stuff of legend!

Goats:

Officiating - those asshole called a one-sided game for the Bengals again. The penalties and punishments were not given out evenly or fairly. It just felt like the Steelers offense had to go an additional 15 yards on every drive to get points. They had a horrible impact on a game that the Steelers dominated and should have put away a lot earlier if they called things evenly. Shazier's crushing hit on Bernard should have been a fumble/TD. If they didn't keep the Bengals in the game, the Steelers win easily, and Ben and Brown don't get hurt late in the game.

You bring up a great point about the refs. If that play isn't blown dead, Shazier has a touchdown and the score is 21-0 going into the fourth. That's the play that infuriated the Cincy fans and despite their complaints it wasn't an illegal play since Bernard was not a defenseless player for the reasons Carey explained during the game and that's also what inspired Burfict to go hard after Ben which resulted in his injury. And another thing even with the last two fifteen yard penalties, we still had more penalties called against us for more yards than Cincy did so I don't want to hear Cincy whiners claiming the refs gave it to us. I also have to admit to being confused to why the penalty called on Gay for excessive celebration stood when the reason for the celebration was erased(Thomas's knee being ruled down) and I think Nelson started that thing with Munchak. It really isn't like Munchak to do that, in fact that's the first time I've ever really noticed him on the sidelines.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 pm

The dreads are part of his uniform? What's wrong with a coach pulling on a uniform? Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Shazier, those 2 forced fumbles were huge for coming out of this one with a W
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:28 pm

Gotta give credit to Jarvis also. Good game against the run and had a strip sack going against one of the best left tackles in the NFL.

Dupree also looked impressive.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:40 pm

I actually think the O-Line played pretty well. They were much better in run blocking and their pass protection was sound. Ben took a big hit, and a knee to the shoulder which enabled the Bengals to come back. The o-line played well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:02 pm

That blown fumble call was a disaster for us....Ben never gets hurt and we go up by 20+ if that crap doesn't happen.

All through the 4 th qrt.....that play drove me insane and made me feel we had been hit with a powerful curse.

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:00 am

Gameball: Shazier: when he has his game, he is like Polamalu, all over the field and always where the ball is.
Special mention to Todman and Toussaint (next year we have 4 rbs Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 1797695198 ), Boswell, Bryant (what a catch Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 2276209185 ) and Jarvis Jones.
But all in all almost the entire team was great.
Goat: Shamarko Thomas: I rarely see a pass interference on a punt when the punt returner is waiving for a fair catch. Shamarko managed to do that twice in a season. I hope he's gone next year.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:50 am

pczach wrote:

Goats:

Well stated my friend! Since I couldn't have said it any better, I'll just say "Ditto" with extra emphasis on the awesome game Shazier had.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:04 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
Gotta give credit to Jarvis also. Good game against the run and had a strip sack going against one of the best left tackles in the NFL.

Dupree also looked impressive.

Interesting that Jarvis is going from bust to role player in these parts. Pretty soon Steelers fans won't be ashamed to speak to him in public.

I noticed on the first Bengals series that Jarvis was double teamed. But the way the double team was executed was unique. I've never seen a running back help an offensive tackle by pushing against his back. Jarvis was driving this Pro Bowl tackle backwards and the RB came up and started pushing him from behind ... and they still gave ground.

One thing Butler needs to address are the slow stunts being run by the inside players. I noticed several times Jarvis caved the tackle into the guard, but the looping DE or sometimes the ILBs were slow in getting around the outside and into the pocket.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:09 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

I also have to admit to being confused to why the penalty called on Gay for excessive celebration stood when the reason for the celebration was erased(Thomas's knee being ruled down) and I think Nelson started that thing with Munchak. It really isn't like Munchak to do that, in fact that's the first time I've ever really noticed him on the sidelines.

When I saw the replay, I noticed that the Bengals player dipped his shoulder as he was nearing Munchak. I kinda suspect Munch didn't appreciate that. Lowering a shoulder as you run through an opposing sideline is BS. The player could have pulled up sooner or not dipped that shoulder. He's a loser like the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:17 am

kirklandrules wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

I also have to admit to being confused to why the penalty called on Gay for excessive celebration stood when the reason for the celebration was erased(Thomas's knee being ruled down) and I think Nelson started that thing with Munchak. It really isn't like Munchak to do that, in fact that's the first time I've ever really noticed him on the sidelines.

When I saw the replay, I noticed that the Bengals player dipped his shoulder as he was nearing Munchak. I kinda suspect Munch didn't appreciate that. Lowering a shoulder as you run through an opposing sideline is BS. The player could have pulled up sooner or not dipped that shoulder. He's a loser like the rest of them.
I just had a hard time believing that Munchak would do that to an opponent unprovoked. Our games against the Ravens are heated but I've never seen him do that. But yeah it looked like something was up.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Gameballs:
Toussant
Truman
Ben
Bryant
Defense

Goats:
None

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2