Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeI have finally figured out Burfict! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

I have finally figured out Burfict!

Go down 
+11
Hawaii 5-0
Fire Arians
jak341
FrancoLambert
Steel Peon
Stryker
FanSince72
SteelCity4Life
Atlanta Dan
harrison'samonster
QueenstownPa
15 posters
AuthorMessage
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

I have finally figured out Burfict! Empty
PostSubject: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:37 pm

I couldn't put my finger on why Burfict is different than other tough, mean, players who the opposing fans call dirty.

In an effort to see just what validity there was to the pathetic whining of the Bengals fans and even some sportscasters about the BIG BAD STEELERS GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER I got a free seven day subscription to NFL GamePass and watched the full replay a couple times, often backing it up to catch tidbits of footage.

I saw Burfict punch, knee, spit on, stomp on, elbow, and "bump into" people no less than seven times and I soon realized that he is a master at it. He is like a magician who can divert your attention elsewhere while he does his little act. Burfict would walk past a guy and be talking to someone else while stomping on the guy's foot, he rolled DeCastor over and went face to face behind a pile of guys so he could spit in DeCastros face, he wrestled the ball away from Ben (already injured) and made it look like a continuation of a fumbled ball while he kneed Ben in the shoulder.

Keep in mind I saw these infractions on the 15 to 20% of the plays where he is visible in the camera; can you imagine how much of this shit he does during the course of the game?

I came to realize he has an agenda and I am sure it subconscious because he isn't smart enough to do it by design. His goal is to "see how much can I get away with" rather than "what can I do to help win the game".
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 pm

very good post.

If you played for the Bengals, you would have given up long ago trying to see what can be done to help win a game.

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Or there is this

According to ICD-10 criteria, presence of 3 or more of the following qualifies for the diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder (~sociopathy):

Callous unconcern for the feelings of others.
   Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, and obligations.
   Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them.
   Very low tolerance to frustration, a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence.
   Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment.
   Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalization for the behavior that has
   brought the person into conflict with society

http://www.md-health.com/Sociopath-Traits.html
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Or there is this

According to ICD-10 criteria, presence of 3 or more of the following qualifies for the diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder (~sociopathy):

Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, and obligations.
   Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them.
   Very low tolerance to frustration, a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence.
   Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment.
   Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalization for the behavior that has

Sounds like my ex I have finally figured out Burfict! 1797695198

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. I have finally figured out Burfict! 1505004552
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 9:39 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:
I couldn't put my finger on why Burfict is different than other tough, mean, players who the opposing fans call dirty.

In an effort to see just what validity there was to the pathetic whining of the Bengals fans and even some sportscasters about the BIG BAD STEELERS GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER I got a free seven day subscription to NFL GamePass and watched the full replay a couple times, often backing it up to catch tidbits of footage.

I saw Burfict punch, knee, spit on, stomp on, elbow, and "bump into" people  no less than seven times and I soon realized that he is a master at it.  He is like a magician who can divert your attention elsewhere while he does his little act.  Burfict would walk past a guy and be talking to someone else while stomping on the guy's foot, he rolled DeCastor over and went face to face behind a pile of guys so he could spit in DeCastros face, he wrestled the ball away from Ben (already injured) and made it look like a continuation of a fumbled ball while he kneed Ben in the shoulder.

Keep in mind I saw these infractions on the 15 to 20% of the plays where he is visible in the camera; can you imagine how  much of this shit he does during the course of the game?

I came to realize he has an agenda and I am sure it subconscious because he isn't smart enough to do it by design.  His goal is to "see how much can I get away with" rather than "what can I do to help win the game".

OK that sounds plausible - even reasonable.

Jeez, when I saw: "I have finally figured out Burfict!", I thought the next statement would be "and then my head exploded and my neighbor had to call 911"

Glad you're OK! I have finally figured out Burfict! 184121345

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 9:46 pm

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Or there is this

And at least two bosses I've worked for. I have finally figured out Burfict! 2217377625

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:02 pm

A method to his madness...

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 11:51 pm

Birthdefect being a sociopath I would buy in a second, but I'm not sure how his life outside of football is enough to gauge his total mind state. What I would say about him though, is that his ego makes him think that he's more important than the sport he's playing, and he absolutely won't let anything get in the way of his greater destiny. In his mind, all the dirty play AFTER the whistle is justified because the world NEEDS him to succeed, and is doomed to fail if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. At this point, paranoia becomes the strongest driving force for him, so he must imagine all the things that could potentially foil his super-stardom, and destroy those things before they have a chance to derail his eminence. On top of it, I think he believes that if he gets caught being dirty, then everybody should automatically understand his line of thinking and cut him slack because he's so damn awesome. But, that's my take.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:03 am

Steel Peon wrote:
Birthdefect being a sociopath I would buy in a second, but I'm not sure how his life outside of football is enough to gauge his total mind state. What I would say about him though, is that his ego makes him think that he's more important than the sport he's playing, and he absolutely won't let anything get in the way of his greater destiny. In his mind, all the dirty play AFTER the whistle is justified because the world NEEDS him to succeed, and is doomed to fail if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. At this point, paranoia becomes the strongest driving force for him, so he must imagine all the things that could potentially foil his super-stardom, and destroy those things before they have a chance to derail his eminence. On top of it, I think he believes that if he gets caught being dirty, then everybody should automatically understand his line of thinking and cut him slack because he's so damn awesome. But, that's my take.

That's pretty deep....probably spot on.....but deep.  I think it's more simple than that.

I think he is a street thug with limited intelligence who is used to getting his way by bullying and observing no limits.  These are the reflex actions that have gotten him where he is.

Last edited by QueenstownPa on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:27 am

QueenstownPa wrote:
Steel Peon wrote:

That's pretty deep....probably spot on.....but deep.  I think it's more simple than that.

I think he is a street thug with limited intelligence who is used to getting his way by bullying and observing no limits.  There are the reflex actions that have gotten him where he is.  

Yeah.....I agree with your analysis 100%. Twisted Evil

There's more reflex and habit involved than deep thinking.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Per Labriola on Twitter, Burfict's 3 game suspension has been upheld.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:30 pm

jak341 wrote:

I have finally figured out Burfict! Latest?cb=20130910011414
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 pm

jak341 wrote:

NFL Upholds Three-Game Suspension Of Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/02/nfl-upholds-three-game-suspension-of-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:02 am

jak341 wrote:

Steelers-Bengals week 4 confirmed.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:49 am

Should've been suspended for the whole season with the hit on Brown among all of the other well documented bullshit he pulls. There's no place in the game for scumbags like Burfict. Hines Ward hit guys within the rules, James Harrison played the game hard and sometimes went too high and got docked for it but ultimately adjusted his style-of-play. Ryan Clark de-kleated people on the regular. They did that stuff between the whistles and when they were in the wrong they paid for it.

Vontaze Burfict spits on people, steps on people, twists ankles, blatantly targets other players with headshots, and goes at other player's knees. I find it interesting that star players always seem to end up injured with Burfict on the field... We played some of the best defenses in the league and our worst injuries always come against the prison yard thugs from Cincinnati.

It's unfathomable to me how Le'Veon Bell served a similar suspension for smoking freaking weed, but Burfict tries to give guys CTE and he only gets 3 games for it. Unbelievable. Suspend his ass for the season, and that will send the message to the rest of the league that that kind of dirty, detestable behavior will not be tolerated. I love football, I love watching the hits, but having played football in my lifetime I never once set out to hurt someone. I never spit on anyone, I never intentionally hit someone in the head. I played within the rules. NFL Players are in the national spotlight, kids watch these games and look up to these guys... Burfict's behavior is pathetic, detestable, and it'd be criminal if he wasn't on a football field. They need to be held to a higher standard.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 4:41 am

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Or there is this

We must have married twin sisters. I have finally figured out Burfict! 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 4:56 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Should've been suspended for the whole season with the hit on Brown among all of the other well documented bullshit he pulls. There's no place in the game for scumbags like Burfict. Hines Ward hit guys within the rules, James Harrison played the game hard and sometimes went too high and got docked for it but ultimately adjusted his style-of-play. Ryan Clark de-kleated people on the regular. They did that stuff between the whistles and when they were in the wrong they paid for it.

Vontaze Burfict spits on people, steps on people, twists ankles, blatantly targets other players with headshots, and goes at other player's knees. I find it interesting that star players always seem to end up injured with Burfict on the field... We played some of the best defenses in the league and our worst injuries always come against the prison yard thugs from Cincinnati.

It's unfathomable to me how Le'Veon Bell served a similar suspension for smoking freaking weed, but Burfict tries to give guys CTE and he only gets 3 games for it. Unbelievable. Suspend his ass for the season, and that will send the message to the rest of the league that that kind of dirty, detestable behavior will not be tolerated. I love football, I love watching the hits, but having played football in my lifetime I never once set out to hurt someone. I never spit on anyone, I never intentionally hit someone in the head. I played within the rules. NFL Players are in the national spotlight, kids watch these games and look up to these guys... Burfict's behavior is pathetic, detestable, and it'd be criminal if he wasn't on a football field. They need to be held to a higher standard.

You're right Iowa and I agree. The problem is the present "Man in Charge". I honestly believe if Burfict's hit was on Anyone but a Steeler he would have gotten the hammer.
This guy is never going to change because he is incapable of it. Just watch him play and you can see he is mentally ill. The absolutely pathetic part of this is watching idiots like P-man (IMO he needs to shorten it to this because it sounds more like him) Jones and a few others who I can't name because they're insignificent follow this clown around like he is a hero. It's the Manson family of football. This is the Goodell era and will be his disgracefull legacy when it's all said and done. The man who tried to ruin the NFL!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:24 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

You're right Iowa and I agree. The problem is the present "Man in Charge". I honestly believe if Burfict's hit was on Anyone but a Steeler he would have gotten the hammer.
This guy is never going to change because he is incapable of it. Just watch him play and you can see he is mentally ill. The absolutely pathetic part of this is watching idiots like P-man (IMO he needs to shorten it to this because it sounds more like him) Jones and a few others who I can't name because they're insignificent follow this clown around like he is a hero. It's the Manson family of football. This is the Goodell era and will be his disgracefull legacy when it's all said and done. The man who tried to ruin the NFL!

I have to admit I enjoyed his facial expression after all the shenanigans running down the tunnel after he intercepted Landry Jones, only to watch in anguish as Ryan Shazier caused a fumble that got us the ball back, then more anguish when he was penalized for more thuggery, and then his co-conspirator couldn't keep his thug mouth shut and drew another penalty giving us a chip-shot field goal to win! That was such a sweet victory. Would've been great to win the Super Bowl, but damn did it feel good watching Cincinnati lose in soul-crushing fashion like that. It was the definition of karma.

I have finally figured out Burfict! EducatedHalfBellfrog

I have finally figured out Burfict! Pacman-jones-crying-on-sideline-after-loss-to-steelers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:40 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I have finally figured out Burfict! Pacman-jones-crying-on-sideline-after-loss-to-steelers

It looks like that coach is making Jones hang his head in shame, as he should.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 am

he should get suspended more games for being stupid enough to think he had a case for getting it reduced
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have finally figured out Burfict!   I have finally figured out Burfict! Empty

Back to top Go down

I have finally figured out Burfict!
Page 1 of 1