Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation

Go down 
+5
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
DesertSteel
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
jak341
SteelCity4Life
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation Empty
PostSubject: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:11 pm

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Antonio-Brown-writes-Thank-You-letter-to-Steeler-Nation-42933704

"Steeler nation,

Thank you.

To my teammates, thank you for an unforgettable season. Every week we seemed to be faced with a challenge, but there was never an obstacle big or small that we couldn't overcome. I know our goal at the beginning of each season is to get to the super bowl and we fell a little short, but nevertheless there isn't another group of guys I would want to suit up with on a daily basis. Love my brothers!

To my coaches, I can't say enough about how grateful I am to play with the best coaches in the world. I know how badly you guys want us to win and that makes me work even harder! Thank you guys.

And finally...

To the fans that show continuous support week in and week out, you are all truly the best. Without you competing wouldn't be nearly as exciting as it is. Stepping out onto Heinz Field every Sunday seeing you all decked in black and yellow waving your terrible towel gives me chills! You guys are the pride of Pittsburgh. You are the reason that we work so hard 365 days a year. It hurts me to say we can't bring you a Lombardi trophy this year but there is no doubt in my mind we will be right back where we were this year. Thank you guys for being there every step of the way this year and making the 2015 season one to remember.

We will be back next year.

Until next year,

Antonio Brown

Oh... One last thing... Business is and will always be BOOMIN!"

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation 1505004552
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:14 pm

Let's see what happens when it comes time to redo the contract. Is he going to give us a hometown discount?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:24 pm

jak341 wrote:
Let's see what happens when it comes time to redo the contract. Is he going to give us a hometown discount?
Hope so. AB needs to stay a Steeler his whole career if possible. I just hope he sees what happened to Wallace when Wallace left for money and climate over a winning atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:52 pm

The best time to get a home town discount is RIGHT NOW before his contract is just a year out. If he gets close to the open market, we could get screwed. He's got 5-6 years of dominance left.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Man it's almost like he's saying, in so many (all be them genuine words for sure)

"I want to stay HERE no matter the cost."

Which, I would love to see. Because it is in question. We wouldn't be in a bad place with Wheaton, Bryant, DHB, and Coates only. But AB is like all four of those guys wrapped in one atm.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:33 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Man it's almost like he's saying, in so many (all be them genuine words for sure)

Which, I would love to see. Because it is in question. We wouldn't be in a bad place with Wheaton, Bryant, DHB, and Coates only. But AB is like all four of those guys wrapped in one atm.

AB is by far the better receiver, but you cannot teach height and speed. Bryant is a physical freak.

Whether to sign AB or Bryant is going to be Hines v. Plax version 2.0 - cannot afford them both.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:

AB is by far the better receiver, but you cannot teach height and speed.  Bryant is a physical freak.

Whether to sign AB or Bryant is going to be Hines v. Plax version 2.0 - cannot afford them both.

Man, that hurts. Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation 2164293255

Brown is far too reliable. As great as Bryant is physically, he's dropped half of the balls thrown his way. Ever since Antonio held the ball against his helmet in the playoffs against the Ravens, he's always made the most effort to catch what's thrown his way.

I'm sorry. If that's the case, Bryant is the one walking.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:15 am

jak341 wrote:

depends if he values money over a chance at winning championships. mike wallace and keenan lewis were the former
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:47 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Hope so. AB needs to stay a Steeler his whole career if possible. I just hope he sees what happened to Wallace when Wallace left for money and climate over a winning atmosphere.

Sammy Coates

Brown is a great receiver but he was Wheaton Bryant and Heath to help keep double teams off of him. if he goes with the money and goes to a team with less talent at WR he won't see the numbers.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:12 am

Fire Arians wrote:
jak341 wrote:

depends if he values money over a chance at winning championships. mike wallace and keenan lewis were the former

In Lewis' defense, the Saints were his hometown team. So money wasn't the only factor. Can't blame the kid for going where he wanted to play, and getting paid too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
jak341 wrote:

In Lewis' defense, the Saints were his hometown team. So money wasn't the only factor. Can't blame the kid for going where he wanted to play, and getting paid too.

True. A shame that we lost him though. If I remember correctly, he was one of the rising members on defense back then.

This is the key to the offseason. Not losing too many and gaining more from the draft.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation   Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown Writes Thank You Letter to Steeler Nation
Page 1 of 1