Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhose excited about baseball season???? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Whose excited about baseball season????

Go down 
+4
Fire Arians
fer69
vasteeler
ImperialFan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Whose excited about baseball season???? Empty
PostSubject: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Baseball was my true love. I played since I was 6 years old and ended up being by far the best player in my highschool ( I once stole 2nd 3rd and home base after hitting a single lol) only to have my future at U albany derailed by a leg injury. I am not an expert on football, I know a lot, but not as much as some people that post here, admitingly. However I know everything there is to know about baseball

I have always been a die hard Yankee fan. I made it down there to watch some of their games. It was truly Surreal to see players like Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Paul Oneil, Roger Clemons, and Andy Pettite in the late 90s and early 00s when they were dominant.

I haven't been impressed the past 10 years or so because they have been investing big bucks in aging veterans that dont pan out. Like C.C Sabathia, Alex Rodrigues and Carlos Beltran. Tanaka has not panned out as hes been pitching with a bad elbow for 1 and a half seasons and should have had tommy john surgery 2 years ago. Its amazing that Brian Cashman still has a job. They need to build their organization from the ground up, like the steelers do. Or at least sign young players that still have years ahead of them. Who can forget the unexpected heros like Aaron Boone or Scott Brocious back in the day.. wow that was a dominant team. The rivalry with the red sox was so heated. Then there was the time Clemons through a broken bat at Mike Piazza, LOL.

Now they have invested in chapman so they have 3 closers Miller, Bentances and Chapman? That nice and all but we need a strarting pitcher that can go 7-8 inning on a regular basis or that bullpen is going to be tired as shit all season. We could sign Cliff Lee but im afraid his best days are behind him, and if they arent he would only be good for a year or two as I believe he is 37 years old. Whose excited about baseball season???? 2605341373

Anyways.. yeah baseball, gives me something to do untill football season begins. Watching football is more exciting but I truly love to play baseball I am very gifted at it but keep re injuring my stupid right leg.....

Anyone else a fan of baseball?

Last edited by ImperialFan on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:24 pm

i'm a phillies fan so....not me

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:38 pm

they play like 400 games a year so No!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:45 pm

baseball, hate it, not violent enough. I mean they got the bat
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 am

I like being at the park and watching a game, but on TV, its not interesting enough for me to watch 3 hours of guys failing to get on base 70-80% of the time.

I really don't tune in unless playoffs become compelling, and by then, I am coaching football and don't have much time.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:20 am

Me! I can't wait to see what fry cook the O's trot out to fill their rotation this year! Whose excited about baseball season???? 1372836603

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 9:23 am

Did someone mention baseball?

*falls asleep*

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:09 am

Baseball? What is this baseball you speak of?

Oh wait, I remember, it's the boring elongated season of pitch, hit, catch which takes up most of the summer while we wait for football to start again.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Whose excited about baseball season???? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:29 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Baseball?  What is this baseball you speak of?

Oh wait, I remember, it's the boring elongated season of pitch, hit, catch which takes up most of the summer while we wait for football to start again.

Nailed it!

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 11:31 am

It was more interesting when everybody took steroids, then it was at least kinda exciting on sportscenter. then the league cracked down on it and then i didnt care anymore. if people were still hitting 100 hr's a year i'd maybe watch Whose excited about baseball season???? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whose excited about baseball season????   Whose excited about baseball season???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whose excited about baseball season????
Page 1 of 1