Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFirst-pick Mock Draft Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

First-pick Mock Draft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

First-pick Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: First-pick Mock Draft   First-pick Mock Draft EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Using the website first-pick.com and their draft simulator game this is how my draft unfolded. It's a fun tool to play with because just like the draft, the players you would want if you were writing a mock arent there and you end up having to stray away from the philosophy you had going in.

So here's my draft, the grades they gave each pick, and the overall grade, which was terrible.

Your score is: 6622 (GRADE: D)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 25: Kevin Dodd, DE/OLB, Clemson (B)
Round 2 Pick 27: Jeremy Cash, SS/FS, Duke (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn (B-)
Round 4 Pick 25: Bralon Addison, WR, Oregon (A)
Round 6 Pick 45 (COMP): Deiondre' Hall, CB, Northern Iowa (A)
Round 7 Pick 8: Cody Kessler, QB, Southern California (C+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Jordan Walsh, OG, Iowa (C+)

Idk if I would be too upset if this was our actual draft but it wasnt at all what was picturing going in First-pick Mock Draft 1797695198

The good DTs and top end CBs were off the board in round one but Kevin Dodd was there so why not?

I feel like the grade is kind of harsh. Also I think the Bralon Addison pick was pretty bad but the site seems to like it. He does have good return man value.

You guys should try it out and post what your drafts look like.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: First-pick Mock Draft   First-pick Mock Draft EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:29 pm

That's weird how the lowest grade for any of the picks was a C+ and the final grade was a D, that doesn't make sense
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: First-pick Mock Draft   First-pick Mock Draft EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
That's weird how the lowest grade for any of the picks was a C+ and the final grade was a D, that doesn't make sense

I guess they don't do it by averages. More-so like a final judgement. Like basically telling me that on the whole my draft sucked and I can do better. I assume there are very complex algorithms in place that basic arithmetic cant handle, and that all NFL GMs have to get a passing grade on this site to keep their jobs.

Or more likely and less sarcastic, the grade has to do with that score of 6622 that they gave me.

Theres like a list of people on the leaderboards who had the best drafts and which teams they drafted for. I wanted to see what the #1 steeler draft according to the site looked like but you cant see the actualy draft for the #1 scorer, which is lame.

The simulator even simulates trades that you can accept from other teams which affect their drafts too: but I didnt accept any trades.

Shouldnt have went WR though in the 4th not when theres such a deep draft class at DT which is a bigger need.
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: First-pick Mock Draft   First-pick Mock Draft EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 3:25 pm

The scores on that site are always dumb because it's basically based on quantity just as much a quality. To get a good score you pretty much have to keep trading back until you have 3+ picks in every round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First-pick Mock Draft   First-pick Mock Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

First-pick Mock Draft
Page 1 of 1