Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSkip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take

Go down 
+9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Hawaii 5-0
Drizztbob
Steel Peon
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelCityUnderground
kirklandrules
IowaSteeler927
solardave
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take Empty
PostSubject: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:12 pm

It’s not often I write articles like this, but ESPN has me going 2-for-2 this past week, when it comes to taking jabs at the Pittsburgh Steelers.

First it was a misguided preseason ranking of the NFL’s best triplets which put me on my soapbox (including a podcast) and now it’s the infamous Skip Bayless, taking liberties with the Pittsburgh faithful upon his exit from the network. Bayless is leaving his hot-take “First Take” show on ESPN to join Fox Sports 1 for a deal worth an estimated $5-6 million per year.

During his farewell episode, Bayless, who is no stranger to making sensational comments, decided to give a low-blow to the Pittsburgh Steelers, and their fans, by making another boneheaded comment on his final appearance of First Take. The shots were purposely fired at Bayless’ co-host Stephen A. Smith, a lifelong Steelers fan, bringing up a memory that still pains fans to this day: Tim Tebow.

The special farewell episode of First Take examined many of Bayless’ predictions over the years, with this segment discussing who was right about Tebow’s career. During the segment, Bayless proclaimed it was the “the highlight of my career.”

http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2016/06/22/skip-bayless-takes-shot-at-steelers-on-his-final-appearance-of-espns-first-take/

http://steelcityunderground.com
solardave

solardave

Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 3:13 am

As far as the Tebow win. "Even a blind hog finds a root every now and then" and I believe it was the highlight of Bayless' lousy career. If Bayless was worth a turd I'd say more but he doesn't merit any other comments.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 7:55 am

Skip Bayless... If that's really the highlight of your career, it must've been a pretty shitty career. I think I watched one or two episodes of that asshat on ESPN's First Take, and he's just a poor man's Mark Madden. He magically has an opinion that's almost always contradictory to the majority so that he can drum up ratings through controversy. He's not a real journalist, or sports analyst. Just a blowhard that spews out hot garbage tries to stir the pot and piss people off.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 9:52 am

$5 - 6 million a year to be a d-bag???? I'm in the wrong business. Really, this isn't that hard: don't think anything thru before you speak, take the opposite point every time one of your guests makes a statement, find a topic or person that people love and trash it (eg: Hines Ward sucks as a person and an athlete .... bet most of the people on this board are ready to argue over that point).

Bayless, Madden and the Kardashians ... just a few examples of profiting while making society dumber every time they open their mouths. No

The highlight of Skip Bayless' career Sleep
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 11:05 am

kirklandrules wrote:
$5 - 6 million a year to be a d-bag???? I'm in the wrong business.

You might be onto something. There's a popular Steelers website that posts ridiculous headlines on social media for all of their articles, ALL THE TIME. I had thought about starting a satirical site for the heck of it, just to mock that type of "reporting."

Example: "Haley says Coates, Green, will be big parts of offense" (No sh*t!)

I have way too much integrity to put my name to something like that. I even thought twice about posting this Bayless crap.

http://steelcityunderground.com
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 12:50 pm

Sad that Bayless considers the highlight of his career something that he had nothing to do with. You know what, that game sucked for us but everyone who likes to act like we choked and Tebow shocked the world blah blah ignores how many key components we were missing in that game not to mention the fact that Ryan Clark couldn't play in Denver. We lost and I make no excuses about that but the injury bug was there. And it's not like Tebow has done jack shit since that day either.Nice little win for Tebow, too bad for him that that the Steelers have accomplished more since then.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 12:24 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
$5 - 6 million a year to be a d-bag???? I'm in the wrong business.

You might be onto something. There's a popular Steelers website that posts ridiculous headlines on social media for all of their articles, ALL THE TIME. I had thought about starting a satirical site for the heck of it, just to mock that type of "reporting."

Example: "Haley says Coates, Green, will be big parts of offense" (No sh*t!)

I have way too much integrity to put my name to something like that. I even thought twice about posting this Bayless crap.

I think this would be a great idea. But make it so over the top that the satire is easy to see. You could write articles such as "Haley sees future in the Wing T", "Butler adds DB depth by moving Big Dan to CB", "Tomlin toys with nap time during OTAs: blankets, milk and cookies on the 50 yard line". Kind of like The Onion.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:41 pm

As much as this ass hat has shit on the Steelers over the years you'd swear Dan Rooney himself kicked Brainless' dog, so as far as I'm concerned this last blast of hot stink from what he calls a mouth hole is like an afterburner jetting him off into hopeful obscurity. Speaking of hope, I'll be glad as hell if his departure means that the sporting media and it's audience have finally come to realize (what I've known for 12+ years now) that Skip lives in his own personal fantasy land while drawing conclusions based on delusion. Of course, not every sports commentator is correct all the time, but this dumbshit has been wrong so many times it's to the point of parody. He might as well have been a character on South Park.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 am

Steel Peon wrote:
As much as this ass hat has shit on the Steelers over the years you'd swear Dan Rooney himself kicked Brainless' dog, so as far as I'm concerned this last blast of hot stink from what he calls a mouth hole is like an afterburner jetting him off into hopeful obscurity. Speaking of hope, I'll be glad as hell if his departure means that the sporting media and it's audience have finally come to realize (what I've known for 12+ years now) that Skip lives in his own personal fantasy land while drawing conclusions based on delusion. Of course, not every sports commentator is correct all the time, but this dumbshit has been wrong so many times it's to the point of parody. He might as well have been a character on South Park.

He'll probably end up at Fox with Colin Coward, another idiot with no journalistic chops, that spews out hot trash to drum up ratings.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Bayless was a Cowboys beat writer in the 1970's when Noll beat them twice.

Nothing but an irrelevant, butt-hurt moron.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 11:16 am

Crash wrote:
Bayless was a Cowboys beat writer in the 1970's when Noll beat them twice.  

Nothing but an irrelevant, butt-hurt moron.  

Hah! Something we can all agree upon. Well done Crash!

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 2:16 am

Breaking News: How Skip Bayless back stabbed Stephen A. Smith

by SPORTS NUT
SEP 5, 2016

Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take 0754743001473041850_filepicker

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless have known each other for 20 years. They both covered high profile sports teams in major cities since the 90's and occasionally crossed paths. When Stephen A. Smith joined the debate desk at ESPN's First Take in April of 2012 his relationship with Skip seemed like it was going to be contentious. Stephen hated Skips "Devil's Advocate" schtick and loathing of any NBA player that dared to approach Michael Jordan's throne. Skip is a very slick dude but he's a white guy from Oklahoma City and Smith is a black dude from Queens. Skip often made outlandish remarks to inflame Smith which often led to unforgettable diatribes and opines by the former Philadelphia Enquirer columnist. Their apparent distrust and dislike for one another made the show must watch TV.

Over the years their relationship grew and they soon began to agree more and more. For those of you that may not know this but in the African-American community we just knew Skip as "That racist guy". Mainly because he defended Bill Romanowski for injuring team mate Marcus Williams' eye socket during a intra-squad scrimmage in 2003. In the incident Romanowski ripped off the fellow Raiders' helmet and punched him in the eye. The injury forced Williams into retirement. Basically, Skip Bayless got on his radio show and said that because Romanowski was one of a few white dudes playing such a rough sport, he had to show the brothers that he was no punk every once and a while. So when Skip and Stephen came together in 2012 most blacks saw Skip as a racist. No, it doesn't take much.

Skip was not very popular with the other on air personalities at ESPN. As soon as he left the network they all went to Twitter to voice their true feelings. He also had his issues with ESPN management. After his weird on air argument with Richard Sherman ESPN almost canceled the show. Skip complained that the network left him out to dry and didn't support him. He was not allowed to respond to Sherman the way he wanted. This was part of a double standard that Skip spoke of. Stephen A was allowed to say whatever he wanted to athletes but for Skip there was apparently a limit to how far Skip could take it.

to read rest of article:

http://sportsnut.sportsblog.com/posts/24910922/breaking-news--how-skip-bayless-back-stabbed-stephen-a--smith-.html
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 8:53 am

First time I ever heard of Skip Bayless was when he sat in for Jim Rome while on holiday. All he did was take the contrary point of view towards a team fan base in order to incite them to call in and try to attack or insult him. It was cheap and sleazy tactics IMO, and it was pretty transparent to me at the time.

He made a career on that tactic and I could never take him seriously. He was a one trick pony like Gallagher smashing watermelons with a giant mallet. I'm glad he is no longer on ESPN, because I listen to it quite a bit on satellite radio.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 1:15 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
First time I ever heard of Skip Bayless was when he sat in for Jim Rome while on holiday.  All he did was take the contrary point of view towards a team fan base in order to incite them to call in and try to attack or insult him.  It was cheap and sleazy tactics IMO, and it was pretty transparent to me at the time.

He made a career on that tactic and I could never take him seriously.  He was a one trick pony like Gallagher smashing watermelons with a giant mallet.  I'm glad he is no longer on ESPN, because I listen to it quite a bit on satellite radio.

His sleaziness goes beyond taking the contrary point of view to bait fans - just ask Troy Aikman

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless."

Aikman has specific reasons to be unhappy with the Bayless hire, which was made by Horowitz but ultimately approved by Fox Sports president Eric Shanks. In a book (Hell Bent) on the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990s, Bayless made an unsubstantiated claim that Aikman was gay. The former Dallas Morning News sports editor Dave Smith told author Jeff Pearlman for his 2009 book on the Cowboys (Boys Will Be Boys) that Bayless’s “gay take on Aikman was the most unfair thing in my 45 years of journalism.”

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/09/06/media-circus-troy-aikman-skip-bayless-fox-sports-1

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
First time I ever heard of Skip Bayless was when he sat in for Jim Rome while on holiday.  All he did was take the contrary point of view towards a team fan base in order to incite them to call in and try to attack or insult him.  It was cheap and sleazy tactics IMO, and it was pretty transparent to me at the time.

He made a career on that tactic and I could never take him seriously.  He was a one trick pony like Gallagher smashing watermelons with a giant mallet.  I'm glad he is no longer on ESPN, because I listen to it quite a bit on satellite radio.

His sleaziness goes beyond taking the contrary point of view to bait fans - just ask Troy Aikman

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless."

Aikman has specific reasons to be unhappy with the Bayless hire, which was made by Horowitz but ultimately approved by Fox Sports president Eric Shanks. In a book (Hell Bent) on the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990s, Bayless made an unsubstantiated claim that Aikman was gay. The former Dallas Morning News sports editor Dave Smith told author Jeff Pearlman for his 2009 book on the Cowboys (Boys Will Be Boys) that Bayless’s “gay take on Aikman was the most unfair thing in my 45 years of journalism.”

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/09/06/media-circus-troy-aikman-skip-bayless-fox-sports-1

Shocked WOW! The last sentence that a sports editor commented on Bayless fabricated claims were "....the most unfair thing in my 45 years of journalism." That says it all. Thanks for posting.

I won't even call Skip Bayless a douchebag, as that association is insulting to Massengill.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

It's a sad commentary on our society as a whole. The trend is that there are more and more people that get paid a ton of money to stir shit up however possible or to simply fabricate things to create buzz and controversy. Doing so gets them fame and fortune at the expense of their integrity, and the reputations of those they comment on.

It is not a positive trend in my opinion, and not a flattering picture of a growing segment of society. The world is a better place without people like that in it.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take Skip-bayless-following-real-skipbayless-johnny-football-will-one-day-2876256
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take Skip-bayless-following-real-skipbayless-johnny-football-will-one-day-2876256

Nice!! Did you ever see the tweet where Skip said he was a Highschool basketball star? Said he was the next Pete Maravich?? Turns out he lied, as he scored 1.4 points per game.

Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take 1549491426
http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/04/09/skip-bayless-lied-about-his-prestigious-high-school-basketball-career/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 11:56 pm

watch 10 minutes of Skip once hated that I wasted those 10 minutes of my life.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

dead lol Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take   Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take Empty

Back to top Go down

Skip Bayless takes shot at Steelers on his final appearance of ESPN’s First Take
Page 1 of 1