Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers notes: Offense looks strong  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers notes: Offense looks strong

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers notes: Offense looks strong    Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:38 am

PITTSBURGH - Now in his eighth season with the Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger says he's never had more offensive firepower to work with.

The star quarterback and his supporting cast sure looked potent Thursday night in a 24-14 win over the Eagles.

"We found ways to make plays," said Roethlisberger, who was 8-of-12 for 125 yards and a 140.6 passer rating. "Guys found ways to get open, and I found a way to get the ball to them."

After only taking five snaps last snaps last week in a 16-7 loss to the Redskins, Roethlisberger looked sharp against the Eagles. He guided the first-team offense on long scoring drives on the Steelers' first two possessions.

The first drive covered 80 yards on 14 plays despite two 10-yard holding penalties. The second drive covered 96 yards on 14 plays.

Roethlisberger ended both drives with touchdown passes, the first a 29-yarder to Antonio Brown, the second a 20-yarder to Hines Ward.

The Steelers made it 21-0 in the second quarter when backup QB Byron Leftwich threw a 20-yard TD pass to Jerricho Cotchery, who signed with the Steelers last week.

"Every guy was capitalizing on the opportunities that they were given," Ward said. "We have a great group of receivers, a great quarterback and a great running back. We all need to be on the same page and execute.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-notes-offense-looks-strong/article_1094a1e6-b46f-5eef-9958-8838a916f9f6.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers notes: Offense looks strong    Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:20 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Roethlisberger ended both drives with touchdown passes, the first a 29-yarder to Antonio Brown, the second a 20-yarder to Hines Ward.

Things are looking good for my prediction of the first touchdown of the season going to a WR. Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  184121345

It sounds like the offense is doing well, so far.

Maybe that wedding ring Roethlisberger is wearing came with Iron Man capabilities
Shocked

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers notes: Offense looks strong    Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Things are looking good for my prediction of the first touchdown of the season going to a WR. Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  184121345

It sounds like the offense is doing well, so far.

Maybe that wedding ring Roethlisberger is wearing came with Iron Man capabilities
Shocked
Ward, Brown, and Cotchery have TDs. Wallace doesn't have one yet. He's saving it for the first game ... as I predicted. Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers notes: Offense looks strong    Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 am

Honestly, I don't care who scores the first touchdown as long as we score often.

But I have a feeling that us who picked WR's will get to say "I told you so"
Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Steelers notes: Offense looks strong    Steelers notes: Offense looks strong  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers notes: Offense looks strong
Page 1 of 1