Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePreseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers

Go down 
+14
Atlanta Dan
FrancoLambert
Rick5895
solardave
Wallace108
OX1947
JPPT1974
schillah
Fire Arians
Drizztbob
fer69
vasteeler
BlackAndGold
jak341
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 7:09 pm

No thread made?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Ugh. Pick 6. Coates needs to play some D there.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Another pick by Jones. Thrown low and too far in front of the receiver.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 7:42 pm

The RZ pick should have been called PI.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 7:44 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
The RZ pick should have been called PI.

No doubt. I was expecting a flag.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Defense looking rather well.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 8:05 pm

Alright, I've seen enough of Jones. Another INT. Bad, bad pass.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Another INT by Jones. Not his fault this time. Hit as he threw.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 8:28 pm

ive been trying to defend jones for a few years now...HE SUCKS!!!!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 8:57 pm

If Ben gets hurt, we will be in a world of trouble

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Awful, awful, awful. I'd rather not hear the, well this is our 2nd and 3rd string guys. Offense looks likes shit without just 3 players?? Yikes.

Pray that our QB/WR/RB/RB combo don't get injured or suspended more than 4 games this year...

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 10:37 pm

sign another backup QB, jones isnt the answer. he can't even shine against scrub tier players
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 11:59 pm

wow this was bad

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 1:54 am

Well they need a capable backup QB! Jones nice guy but not the best backup QB.

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 2:52 am

fer69 wrote:
If Ben gets hurt, we will be in a world of trouble

Steelers have to stay healthy. Health has killed them the last two years.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 4:24 am

I had to work and missed the game. I'm not sure why, but it didn't record. Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers 2625562446

I've read about Landry's horrible performance, but with not seeing the game for myself, I'm confused about Kaboly's tweet.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 5:50 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I had to work and missed the game. I'm not sure why, but it didn't record. Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers 2625562446

I've read about Landry's horrible performance, but with not seeing the game for myself, I'm confused about Kaboly's tweet.

Not true:# 1 was thrown right to the DB. So if Kaboly isn't saying that was on Jones he's saying Coates should have turned into a DB and broke it up. Jones had a shit game,period.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 am

I'm speaking from memory on these, so some of the minor details may be off.

INT #1 - Coates was running a mid comeback route. Coverage was extremely tight. Jones threw it to Coates' outside shoulder. The CB made a very nice read and picked it off. Jones should have never threw that ball, but Coates needed to do more defending to break up the INT.

INT #2 - Jones threw to Hamilton in the back of the end zone on your traditional jump ball route towards the corner. The pass was short and in front, and to the inside shoulder of Hamilton. Again, good positioning and a bounce of Hamilton's hands caused the INT. Hamilton should have caught it, but it would have been a harder catch due to the CB being in his face. It could have been PI on the CB, as the CB didn't turn around.

INT #3 - Jones threw to the back of the end zone towards Coates. It was a complete overthrow and the CB made a nice play to pick it off.

INT #4 - Jones was hit as he threw to Rodgers over the middle and put up a wounded duck. This one, is not his fault. Jessie James whiffed on the block and allowed quick pressure.

So, of all of these, I would say 1,2, and 3 are at least somewhat Jones's fault. #1 and #3 realistically should not have happened.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 6:25 am

Even though the score was 17-0, there were some real nice takeaways from the game.

1. Defense came to play. Looked very good today.
  2. Rodgers looked sharp. If he continues, the slot WR position is his to lose.
  3. Coates rebounded from a bad game, but I don't think he is beating out Rodgers for a starting position.
  4. Offensive line looked very good, with Pouncy back into the lineup.
  5. 3rd string RB looks to be a solid battle. I don't think we go wrong with either of those guys.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 8:09 am

Simply put this was not a good game by Jones.  This is the guy, however, this team has for the season.  Gradkowski can't stay healthy, and I'm sure once the cuts start being made you may see the Steelers find someone for the third spot, because I'm pretty sure Vaughn will make it past waivers to get on the practice squad.  I'm not trying to make excuses for the sloppy play by the offense in the first half, but, there is no game plan for these games, . And aside from Ben not playing there was no Gilbert on the OL, no Wheaton, No Brown, No Bell, No DWill.  You insert those 4 "skill" guys and a pro bowl caliber OT and even with Landry Jones you WILL have a different result.
More concerning to me right now is the awful play at TE!! I am Hopefull Green's issues aren't season or career ending. Hopefully OJ Howard from 'Bama is there for us when we pick in the draft.

Also concerning is the apparent lack of tackling ability by some of these young guys on defense!
One more thought..they need to find a spot for Matekavich on the final 53!! He plays is ass off and is always around the ball if not making the tackles.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 9:01 am

Have we seen enough of Shamarko....it was just one play but when he had a wide open tackle to stop the RB in the backfield he whiffs on it and the RB trots into the end zone.
Aren't safeties supposed to be some of the best tacklers on a defense?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 9:51 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Have we seen enough of Shamarko....it was just one play but when he had a wide open tackle to stop the RB in the backfield he whiffs on it and the RB trots into the end zone.  
Aren't safeties supposed to be some of the best tacklers on a defense?

Not necessarily - The one with the long hair going to the Hall of Fame in a few years was known to overrun plays even in his prime Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 10:11 am

I was happy with the way the offense seem to move the ball with ease. However, I wasn't happy with how events turned out in the redzone. It appeared Jones was hell bent on throwing the corner route and never looked off. The first throw was under thrown when it was suppose to be a jump ball.

With that being said, the first string defense did a great job of holding the eagles offense in check.

While I'm not upset about it as if it were a regular season game, I do tend to look at individual accolades during the first few pre-season games. So here's my positive views on what I saw.

1. Eli Rogers - another diamond in the rough? Made some good catches
2. Sammie Coates - made a couple great catches, the one on the sideline was amazing
3. Richardson and Touissant - both made some good runs. I feel confident our RB Corp will be one of the best this year.

Didn't get to watch as much on the defensive side as I was back and forth between watching the game and entertaining my daughter.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 am

jak341 wrote:
Even though the score was 17-0, there were some real nice takeaways from the game.

1. Defense came to play. Looked very good today.
  2. Rodgers looked sharp. If he continues, the slot WR position is his to lose.
  3. Coates rebounded from a bad game, but I don't think he is beating out Rodgers for a starting position.
  4. Offensive line looked very good, with Pouncy back into the lineup.
  5. 3rd string RB looks to be a solid battle. I don't think we go wrong with either of those guys.

Agree on all of these comments. Didn't see much from Hargraves, McCullers, Matthews in this game, but they will make the 53. Some other observations I had:

-Feeney looks lost, probably wont make the 53
-Hubbard and Wallace look to be the better interior reserves than Finney, so again I think he misses the cut.
-LJ Fort looking better than Matakevich. Still a battle for the roster spot, but I would say Fort is leading.
-Ayers looks good as a returner, but not getting a lot of reps at WR...I think they try and put him on the PS
-I think the plan is to go with Gay, Cockrell, Davis as the top 3 CB's. Still think a late cut ends up here like Cockrell did last season. With Davis playing more CB, I think the door is opened for Shamarko and Grant to be the backups at safety.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 11:19 am

I broke down each of the interceptions last night, complete with clips. Most of you guys already said what I said, but you can see each of the replays if it helps refresh your memory :-)

http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2016/08/19/lots-blame-go-around-steelers-turnovers/

http://steelcityunderground.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers   Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Preseason Week 2 - Eagles @ Steelers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next