Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStranger Things Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Stranger Things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Stranger Things Empty
PostSubject: Stranger Things   Stranger Things EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:40 am

I'm surprised that there isn't a topic on this yet.

It's an 8 episode season on Netflix. If you enjoy early King and Spielberg, as well as X-Files, then you should enjoy this show. It is set in the early 80s and they did an amazing job of making it look and feel like the early 80s. Even the intro music and effects are straight from the 80s.

I binged the season over the course of a couple of days while I was in a hotel while on travel for work. So be prepared to get hooked into it. Each episode is about 50-55 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Stranger Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stranger Things   Stranger Things EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:19 am

I also binged watched this show over a couple of days last month. I really enjoyed it. Going into it, I thought it was going to be more of a dark, horror kind of show. It turned out to be a fun, somewhat light-hearted horror kind of show. It definitely will bring back great memories for anyone who grew up in the 80s. I loved all the tip-of-the-hats to movies from the 70s and 80s. There were so many references that I caught, and there were so many more that I missed on first viewing. Stranger Things beautifully borrows great scenes from some well-known movies to create the background for a fun story.

*Watching the video below is kind of like watching a trailer, so it won't spoil the plot. But it will spoil all the references to the other movies if you prefer to discover them for yourself.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Stranger Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stranger Things   Stranger Things EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 9:43 am

After watching it I told my wife it was an awesome mix of Stand By Me, ET, IT, and Goonies. This was an excellent show, and I'm excited for Season 2!

Sponsored content

Stranger Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stranger Things   Stranger Things Empty

Back to top Go down

Stranger Things
Page 1 of 1