Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMiller quietly leads by example Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Miller quietly leads by example

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Miller quietly leads by example Empty
PostSubject: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 25, 2011

The essence of Heath Miller could be seen in an unremarkable scene Wednesday in the Steelers' locker room.

Miller had been trying to downplay something receiver Hines Ward said about his work ethic, though the veteran tight end conceded he usually arrives at Steelers headquarters at 6:30 a.m.

A couple of minutes later, Miller called a reporter back over. By the time he got to the weight room that morning, Miller said, outside linebacker James Harrison already was drenched in sweat.

It was Miller's way of deflecting attention, and he went out of his way to do it.

Miller may be averse to calling attention to himself, but the Steelers know better when it comes to one of the best tight ends in franchise history.

Read more: Steelers TE Miller quietly leads by example - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_753283.html#ixzz1W3OXMtVq

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:11 am

Wallace108 wrote:
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 25, 2011

The essence of Heath Miller could be seen in an unremarkable scene Wednesday in the Steelers' locker room.

Miller had been trying to downplay something receiver Hines Ward said about his work ethic, though the veteran tight end conceded he usually arrives at Steelers headquarters at 6:30 a.m.

A couple of minutes later, Miller called a reporter back over. By the time he got to the weight room that morning, Miller said, outside linebacker James Harrison already was drenched in sweat.

It was Miller's way of deflecting attention, and he went out of his way to do it.

Miller may be averse to calling attention to himself, but the Steelers know better when it comes to one of the best tight ends in franchise history.

Read more: Steelers TE Miller quietly leads by example - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_753283.html#ixzz1W3OXMtVq

come on hines Miller quietly leads by example 294855916

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:14 am

vasteeler wrote:
come on hines Miller quietly leads by example 294855916
No, Ward was complimenting Miller, saying he had a great work ethic. Miller tried downplaying it, saying it's Harrison who has a great work ethic.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:16 am

oh! good. the last thing i wanted to hear was hines bashing another player

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Miller has been one of my favorites since we drafted him. Miller quietly leads by example 3056903510

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Miller time all the time. Great leader on and off the field he is true tight end like Arions says. Miller kinda reminds me of me back in the day. Miller quietly leads by example 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:55 pm

blastfurness wrote:
Miller kinda reminds me of me back in the day. Miller quietly leads by example 3562723908
The only similarities I see is you both played tight end, both had/have receding hairlines and .... nope, that's pretty much it. Miller quietly leads by example 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Miller= grossly underrated.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Yep. Guys like Gates and Gonzalez, who are nothing more than big receivers, get all the attention. But Miller is a true, old-school tight end. And he's definitely underrated.

Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Wally that was great LOL you hit that on the head!!! Miller quietly leads by example 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Yep. Guys like Gates and Gonzalez, who are nothing more than big receivers, get all the attention. But Miller is a true, old-school tight end. And he's definitely underrated.

I think he should go the OchoStinko route and change his last name to "Dangerfield". Miller quietly leads by example 1797695198

Miller quietly leads by example 82C4D9664C6D45F2974AC3F31141B589

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miller quietly leads by example   Miller quietly leads by example Empty

Back to top Go down

Miller quietly leads by example
Page 1 of 1