Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSuper Bowl predictions Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Super Bowl predictions

Go down 
+13
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WVABE
Drizztbob
FrancoLambert
stlrtruck
Fire Arians
SteelersNorth
solardave
Jazzo
OX1947
IowaSteeler927
vasteeler
Wallace108
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Super Bowl predictions Empty
PostSubject: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 7:27 pm

So who will be playing in February?

My head tells me that this is the Patriots*' year, but my heart tells me that the Steelers will rain on their parade. So my prediction is a rematch of XLV. Steelers vs. Packers. And this time, the good guys win.

Super Bowl predictions 707368081

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Steelers 48
somebody else 0 Super Bowl predictions 792589548 Super Bowl predictions 792589548 Super Bowl predictions 792589548

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 2:28 am

Steelers - Cowboys.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 5:02 am

Dream scenerio: Dolphins, Chiefs, Pats*, Cowboys to Seven. Beating the Cowboys to win 7 and the 3rd time in the Super Bowl would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 5:10 am

OX1947 wrote:
Dream scenerio: Dolphins, Chiefs, Pats**, Cowboys to Seven. Beating the Cowboys to win 7 and the 3rd time in the Super Bowl would be amazing.

I agree, that and I'd like to get revenge for letting them off the hook in back in Week 10.

Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 5:37 am

Steelers vs Packers with Pittsburgh winning their 7th Super Bowl.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:41 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steelers - Cowboys.

That's what I think and I believe Goodell will make it happen. Super Bowl predictions 2981382511 It's all about the money.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 9:06 am

Does it matter who the Steelers play? as long as they win #7.

I'd ideally love the following to happen.
1 - Packers and the most overrated QB in the history of football to be 1 and done for the 4th time. I find it amazing how you can stink for 10 weeks, fluke 'running the table' because the other teams in your division choke, win those 6 games and will win MVP due to the media ramming you down every ones throats and them ignoring the first 10 weeks.
2 - The Cheatriots to be 1 and done although I know that wont happen but one can dream lol
3 - Ben produces 'The Drive II' scoring the winning TD pass with oddly enough 34 seconds left in the game
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:37 am

Steelers vs Giants

TBH I don't think Dallas will get there this year. Something about a rookie QB in the playoffs historically hasn't ever ended well. And it seems like the Giants have the Cowboys' number this year. Not to mention in the playoffs, they have a tendency to get hot.

I think the Patriots** are beatable. If we can get to the AFCCG healthy we can take em.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:49 am

In the AFC, there are only 3 teams which I think have a true shot:
Steelers - Chiefs - Patriots*****
The Patriots***** with homefield advantage will be 'The Team' to beat. But I think the Chiefs and Steelers are stacked to beat them, even in Foxborough

In the NFC I see the following:
Cowboys - Packers - Giants - Seahawks
The Cowboys are about to hit 'The Wall' and I don't think the Seahawks will be able to pull it together to make it to February.

With all that said, I believe February 5th will be
Steelers vs Packers

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Super Bowl predictions 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 7:49 am

Fire Arians wrote:
Steelers vs Giants

TBH I don't think Dallas will get there this year. Something about a rookie QB in the playoffs historically hasn't ever ended well. And it seems like the Giants have the Cowboys' number this year. Not to mention in the playoffs, they have a tendency to get hot.

I think the Patriots**** are beatable. If we can get to the AFCCG healthy we can take em.

I wouldn't mind that match up at all. I think we're like Eli Manning's kryptonite. Our offense matches up well against their defense, and our defense matches up well against their offense. I'd take that match up.

FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 9:27 am

SteelersNorth wrote:

1 - Packers and the most overrated QB in the history of football to be 1 and done for the 4th time. I find it amazing how you can stink for 10 weeks, fluke 'running the table' because the other teams in your division choke, win those 6 games and will win MVP due to the media ramming you down every ones throats and them ignoring the first 10 weeks.
2 - The Cheatriots to be 1 and done although I know that wont happen but one can dream lol
3 - Ben produces 'The Drive II' scoring the winning TD pass with oddly enough 34 seconds left in the game

If you're labeling Aaron Rodgers the most overrated QB in the history of football, you are guilty of hyperbole.

Eli Manning is a better candidate for that distinction.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:16 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:

If you're labeling Aaron Rodgers the most overrated QB in the history of football, you are guilty of hyperbole.

Sorry to break it to you but you're wrong, its Rodgers and its not even close.

Every pass that guy makes they say its the 'greatest' of all time even if its a 3 yard dump off.

Skip to 1hr 47minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eob_fvZmko4

and that play above you'll see about 10 times probably during the Giants game. Along with those 'hail marys', 2 of which meant nothing. But because its Rodgers they have to build a 'legend' and protect him as best they can. So should they lose and he plays average or they only happen to score 20 points you'll hear the following: he's got no defense, or running game or guys just kept dropping balls etc etc etc.
If you're the 'best' (which he isn't) none of the above should matter now should it?

This is a far better play (below at the 1hr 6minute mark) as it takes 11 seconds of REAL game clock from snap to completion with guys actually grabbing him unlike Rodgers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KnXrLNJh5o

Eli is like Ben he doesn't get enough credit.

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:26 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:

Every pass that guy makes they say its the 'greatest' of all time even if its a 3 yard dump off.

Skip to 1hr 47minutes

and that play above you'll see about 10 times probably during the Giants game. Along with those 'hail marys', 2 of which meant nothing. But because its Rodgers they have to build a 'legend' and protect him as best they can. So should they lose and he plays average or they only happen to score 20 points you'll hear the following: he's got no defense, or running game or guys just kept dropping balls etc etc etc.
If you're the 'best' (which he isn't) none of the above should matter now should it?

This is a far better play (below at the 1hr 6minute mark) as it takes 11 seconds of REAL game clock from snap to completion with guys actually grabbing him unlike Rodgers.

I have to agree with you here. The media is always all over Aaron Rodgers' nut sack! When he under-performs, they always make excuses for him. It has been proven whenever Rodgers is under pressure, he screws up like almost any other QB.

Just because a QB like Eli Manning doesn't put up the stats, doesn't mean he isn't just as good. He seems to rise to the occasion in the biggest games that matter. Ben was criticized for similar things throughout his career, but what he does on the field doesn't always show up in the stats. I will take a QB who can perform on the biggest stage opposed to someone who just racks up stats during the regular season.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Steelers - Cowboys...It's already in Texas!

WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Chiefs-Falcons

Dirty Birds take it all.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Steelers - Cowboys...It's already in Texas!
God I would love that. One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan and I would love to get bragging rights. Plus I want revenge after that last game. I actually don't hate this current bunch of Cowboys. I have a lot of respect for Dak, Elliott, and even Bryant.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:

Skip to 1hr 47minutes

Aaron Rodgers has won the NFL's MVP award twice.  

Any player that does that can't be called overrated.

I guess you still aren't over our loss to him in SB XLV.  

Eli has twice as many SB's, and he made some big plays, but he had a solid defense in both of the Giants wins.

Living in the land of Big Blue....I'm guessing I've seen a lot more of Eli's week to week play and have a more complete picture of his career.

He gets a lot of credit around here. More than I believe he should.

l
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 3:58 pm

What I want is a ring via a beat down of KC, Cheatriots, Dallas... what I think we will get is a defeat at the hands of Marsha and Billicheat once again in the AFC Championship game.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 5:50 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:

Skip to 1hr 47minutes

Aaron Rodgers has won the NFL's MVP award twice.  

Any player that does that can't be called overrated.

I guess you still aren't over our loss to him in SB XLV.  

Eli has twice as many SB's, and he made some big plays, but he had a solid defense in both of the Giants wins.

Living in the land of Big Blue....I'm guessing I've seen a lot more of Eli's week to week play and have a more complete picture of his career.

He gets a lot of credit around here. More than I believe he should.

l

Rodgers has won it only once. (More on that in a minute)
The first time he went 15-1 and got his ass handed to him in his first game. Now that was awesome lol

The 2nd time he had it given to him he didn't win it in 2014 that was rightfully JJ Watt.
The only game Watt didn't get a sack or looked invisible was against the Steelers. He scored on offends and defense that year and had I think 22 sacks. That's domination!

I couldn't careless about XLV because Bens playoff record is better making it he's up 3-1, winning it 2-1.

The funny thing again is that everyone like yourself and media clowns will protect Rodgers and dream up excuses should they lose Sunday. It's actually sickening. Which again boggles my mind how he's even remotely in the so called MVP discussion after only playing 6 games? The first 10 this season just what didn't happen?

I can admit when Ben plays horrible just no one seems to want to admit when Rodgers does.

Go Giants!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 7:14 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
What I want is a ring via a beat down of KC, Cheatriots, Dallas... what I think we will get is a defeat at the hands of Marsha and Billicheat once again in the AFC Championship game.
I really hope you're wrong there but it's going to be tough in NE to beat them. That said, maybe we'll catch some magic with the three B's healthy. I feel confident about tomorrow's game even though we lost to these guys earlier. A little less about KC even though we beat them but both I feel we can win. I just hope we finally can get that Pats* monkey off. It won't absolve 2001 and 2004 but it would be great to beat them in New England enroute to another SB. As for the NFC. I got a good feeling about the Falcons for some reason and Ben's 2-0 against Bird named teams in the SB and 0-1 against non bird teams heh.
Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Steelers vs Cowgirls, Steelers win.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Steelers>Seattle, Steelers with an easy win.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 10:54 am

Had a dream last night...

Steelers vs. Cowboys in SB. Steelers went down 10-0 early. Score was 24-21 Dallas with 5 left in the fourth. Dallas turned the ball over deep in the zone (Tony Romo pick...don't know why Prescott wasn't in the game). Boswell makes it 24 all with 3 left to play. Dallas goes 3 and out in their next possession and punts. Steelers take it down the field for another Boswell FG. 27-24 Steelers with 1:15 left to play. First play, run up the middle with Elliot, and goes for 2. Second play, Elliot to the right and gets about 5. Third play, play action and Burns gets toasted down the sideline with Mitchell pushing the Dallas reciever out of bounds at the 5 setting up a 1st and goal from the 5. First play, Elliot goes nowhere. Second play, Elliot runs to the left for 3. Dallas has 1 time out and about 15 seconds on the clock. 3rd and goal, Romo looks to pass, and everyone is covered. Romo is flushed out of the pocket to the right and runs for the goal. Shazier catches up with Romo at the 2 and delivers a big hit as Romo dives for the pylon...

And then the daughter came in and asked if I was getting up anytime today. So my pick is Steelers and Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 11:36 am

jak341 wrote:
Had a dream last night...

Steelers vs. Cowboys in SB. Steelers went down 10-0 early. Score was 24-21 Dallas with 5 left in the fourth. Dallas turned the ball over deep in the zone (Tony Romo pick...don't know why Prescott wasn't in the game). Boswell makes it 24 all with 3 left to play. Dallas goes 3 and out in their next possession and punts. Steelers take it down the field for another Boswell FG. 27-24 Steelers with 1:15 left to play. First play, run up the middle with Elliot, and goes for 2. Second play, Elliot to the right and gets about 5. Third play, play action and Burns gets toasted down the sideline with Mitchell pushing the Dallas reciever out of bounds at the 5 setting up a 1st and goal from the 5. First play, Elliot goes nowhere. Second play, Elliot runs to the left for 3. Dallas has 1 time out and about 15 seconds on the clock. 3rd and goal, Romo looks to pass, and everyone is covered. Romo is flushed out of the pocket to the right and runs for the goal. Shazier catches up with Romo at the 2 and delivers a big hit as Romo dives for the pylon...

And then the daughter came in and asked if I was getting up anytime today. So my pick is Steelers and Cowboys.

If you aren't bullshittin' us, I wish I could remember every detail like that in my dreams. Especially the x-rated ones, haha.

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl predictions   Super Bowl predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next