Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs

Go down 
+12
FrancoLambert
Lokki
Jazzo
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
kirklandrules
Steeler-in-west
solardave
zcoop
OX1947
kan_t
jak341
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Gameballs:

Ben Roethlisberger - Great first half play, smart with the football, took what the defense gave him, and didn't try to force the issues deep.

Antonio Brown - Sparked this team early with a pair of TDs. Got the ball rolling, and gave us overwhelming momentum early on.

Le'Veon Bell -
This kid is unreal. Best running back in the league, period. Not Elliott, not Johnson, not Ajayi... Bell. Bell is the best. he showed us why today. First time in the playoffs, and utterly dominant. Has been carrying this team on his shoulders.

Offensive Line - Kept Ben clean, opened up holes for Bell. Great all around game from these guys against one of the better defensive front 7's in the league.

Defense - All of them. Physical, dominant, Steelers type of defense. For my money, the best performance I've seen from them this season. They imposed their will on the Dolphins, they beat the shit out of Matt Moore, and they punished the Dolphins offensive playmakers every time they touched the football.

Goats:

Ben Roethlisberger - One interception was Brown's fault for tipping it up, but the other was just a stupid, boneheaded throw. It was totally unnecessary, and we can't be making those kinds of mistakes in the playoffs. Today it was the Dolphins, next week it's the Chiefs. Can't make those kinds of poor decisions against the Chiefs who are healthier than the Dolphins, and a better quality opponent, and that's not even mentioning the fact we'll be playing in Arrowhead.

Tomlin/Haley - Overall they didn't call a bad game, but when you're up 30-6 that late in the game for the love of God get the Killer B's out of there instead of risking someone getting hurt, especially when you're playing a team that has a dirtbag like Suh who is well known for taking cheap shots and trying to injure opposing players simply out of frustration. Also the playcall on 3rd down where Ben threw the pick... Ben was at fault, it was an atrocious throw, but Haley/Tomlin are also at fault for letting that play even be a pass play in the first place. Run the ball, if you don't get the first down, punt it and pin the Dolphins deep. Too late in the game for them to mount a comeback, and Ben ended up getting chased down and clobbered as he threw the interception, I'd really rather not see Ben, Bell, or Brown getting hurt in garbage time when it can easily be avoided.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Gameballs:

• Brown - Great game, but disappeared late. Strange.
  • Bell - Great game all around.
  • Timmons - Cleaned up at the end.
  • Harrison - Critical sack to end the 1st half.
  • Dupree - Monster of a game.

Goats:

• Secondary - it seemed like Miami's WRs were running free most of the game.
  • Ben - Again. The INTs were bad. Not sure what he was doing out there with some of those throws.

Although the Steelers covered the spread, there are some areas of concern. The score was closer than it looked.

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:27 pm

The special team is going to cost the Steelers a game if they continue to perform like today game.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Ben needs to think Elway 1997 and 1998. Let Bell be the catalyst. He is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:42 pm

No Goats, this is the playoffs. Just win!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Gameballs

Bell makes it look easy.
Brown gets open when he is the main focus
Ben minus the second int. he played better than he has in awhile
Defensive front 7 take DuPree's late hit away and these guys dominated.
O-line kept Ben clean all game.

Goats

Mitchell again with the late hits. One of them on Cockrell that put him out for one play. I saw 2 or 3 that easily could of been called.

Boswell for missing the extra point (JUST KIDDING)

We were bending in the secondary and I'd like to say we didn't brake but we did. Moore was having a career game as far as completions. We will have to play better as a unit in the secondary if we want to go any further.

We also need to tackle better on special teams.

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Gameball: Bell and the Offensive Line. Run defense also.

Goats: none really but want to mention that the pass coverage was too loose for most of the game. Got to tighten it up against KC. We were getting picked apart until we started sending the blitz. Our DB's definitely need to play better next week.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 am

Gameballs:
O-line
Brown
Bell
Ben
Defense Run Stop

Goats:
Mitchell - late hits are going to cost us somewhere in the playoffs
Special Teams - weak kickoffs and some coverage issues will be an area of concern with someone like Tyreek Hill next week
Coaches - leaving some key starters in the game late when the game was basically over. There was no reason for Ben to be in a walking boot, but yet after the game there he was.
Refs (all 4 games) - this is the worst officiating I can remember since like 1987. Missed facemasks, missed PIs, just blatant lack of true officiating. It's as if they're watching the game instead of working

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am

Gameballs:

Entire Team:  Just for playing so physical. They absolutely abused the Dolphins on practically every play.

Bell: Obviously

Timmons: He's been playing great football down the stretch and is a player I hope the Steelers find a way to keep next year.

Goats:

Special Teams: Aside from Boz and Berry, these units look like a liability. They certainly miss Golden and Thomas in the coverage units. And I just can't believe how bad Fitz is in kick returns. On one kick return, it really looked like Fitz had several blockers in front of him, but he was run down from behind by the backside gunner ... it looked like he was running with cement shoes on. I was hoping to see Justin Gilbert return kicks. At least he has speed.

Ben's picks: I understand why he's throwing these picks. You have to take them if you want to see Ben throw those TDs that make you say "How did he do that?'. But he's been throwing more picks in the second half of the season and it seems like they are more due to forcing footballs into well covered receivers.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:03 am

I don't know where the Ben INT criticism is coming from? The first one was thrown eye level to the hands of the best WR in football...who didn't catch it. The 2nd one was a ball that should not have been thrown and he should have just slid down to keep the clock running, yes.

Franchise future HOF QB makes one ill advised throw in a blowout game and fans seem to make it out that he is playing like Kent Graham. Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs 1505004552

Great game by the O line, Bell, AB, Ben and defensive front 7. Movin on to Kansas City.....movin' on.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:02 pm

he shall be le'veon and he shall be a good running back

also mad props to the defense. tackling was on point, I don't think I seen a miami player break a single tackle this game. On contact they got dropped. That's sound defensive football right there. Turnovers and splash plays are great, but you can't have a great defense without good tackling.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:23 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I don't know where the Ben INT criticism is coming from?  The first one was thrown eye level to the hands of the best WR in football...who didn't catch it.  The 2nd one was a ball that should not have been thrown and he should have just slid down to keep the clock running, yes.

Franchise future HOF QB makes one ill advised throw in a blowout game and fans seem to make it out that he is playing like Kent Graham.  Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs 1505004552  

Great game by the O line, Bell, AB, Ben and defensive front 7.  Movin on to Kansas City.....movin' on.

I can only speak for myself, but my criticism of Ben's 2 INTs, not just the one, is that they were unnecessary and in line with something he's been doing in the second half of the season. The INT you reference came after he was flushed from the pocket, running toward the line of scrimmage, pump faked to a wide open TE 10 yards downfield, then threw a bullet (in windy 17 degree weather) to a covered AB further downfield. I haven't see the replays, so I'll take your word that it was only eye level, but it was not a necessary play at that point of the game. Especially coming just a few plays after throwing it directly at a DE.

Ben did a great job in the 1st half taking what the Dolphins defense gave him. He tends to struggle against 2 deep because he wants to throw the long ball. But in the 1st half, he found the open receivers underneath and took it. In the 2nd half, it was like he was playing with house money. No  He had the game won and it just made it harder than it needed to be.

Take my criticism with a grain of salt. I wouldn't want any other QB than Ben playing for the Steelers. And, as I stated earlier, you have to accept some of the picks if you want the guy who throws those impossible throws. But he needs to know when they have the game won and how to avoid those sloppy turnovers. Hell, I give him some credit that he's not protecting his stats, like Brady, and is willing to keep balling.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:32 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I don't know where the Ben INT criticism is coming from?  The first one was thrown eye level to the hands of the best WR in football...who didn't catch it.  The 2nd one was a ball that should not have been thrown and he should have just slid down to keep the clock running, yes.

Franchise future HOF QB makes one ill advised throw in a blowout game and fans seem to make it out that he is playing like Kent Graham.  Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs 1505004552  

Great game by the O line, Bell, AB, Ben and defensive front 7.  Movin on to Kansas City.....movin' on.

I can only speak for myself, but my criticism of Ben's 2 INTs, not just the one, is that they were unnecessary and in line with something he's been doing in the second half of the season. The INT you reference came after he was flushed from the pocket, running toward the line of scrimmage, pump faked to a wide open TE 10 yards downfield, then threw a bullet (in windy 17 degree weather) to a covered AB further downfield. I haven't see the replays, so I'll take your word that it was only eye level, but it was not a necessary play at that point of the game. Especially coming just a few plays after throwing it directly at a DE.

Ben did a great job in the 1st half taking what the Dolphins defense gave him. He tends to struggle against 2 deep because he wants to throw the long ball. But in the 1st half, he found the open receivers underneath and took it. In the 2nd half, it was like he was playing with house money. No  He had the game won and it just made it harder than it needed to be.

Take my criticism with a grain of salt. I wouldn't want any other QB than Ben playing for the Steelers. And, as I stated earlier, you have to accept some of the picks if you want the guy who throws those impossible throws. But he needs to know when they have the game won and how to avoid those sloppy turnovers. Hell, I give him some credit that he's not protecting his status, like Brady, and is willing to keep balling.

I hear ya. Throwing windows are tight in the NFL, but that one to AB wasn't tight at all and the best WR in the NFL has to make that catch. When the QB puts the ball in the WR's hands and its an INT....that is the fault of the WR. The last one was all Ben.

I just hope Ben doesn't throw any to LB's in the passing lanes this week like he did vs Baltimore. On the road, against a good pass rush and some good coverage LB's of KC can make things tough. As much as the Chiefs will try to take away the run game, Ben is going to have to be a gunfighter and hopefully he doesn't get shot.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:47 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Take my criticism with a grain of salt. I wouldn't want any other QB than Ben playing for the Steelers. And, as I stated earlier, you have to accept some of the picks if you want the guy who throws those impossible throws. But he needs to know when they have the game won and how to avoid those sloppy turnovers. Hell, I give him some credit that he's not protecting his status, like Brady, and is willing to keep balling.

I hear ya.  Throwing windows are tight in the NFL, but that one to AB wasn't tight at all and the best WR in the NFL has to make that catch.  When the QB puts the ball in the WR's hands and its an INT....that is the fault of the WR.  The last one was all Ben.

I just hope Ben doesn't throw any to LB's in the passing lanes this week like he did vs Baltimore.  On the road, against a good pass rush and some good coverage LB's of KC can make things tough.  As much as the Chiefs will try to take away the run game, Ben is going to have to be a gunfighter and hopefully he doesn't get shot.

I stand corrected. Didn't realize Brown was that open as the real time t.v. view looked like he had a guy on his hip (but apparently there was plenty of space between them).
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 am

Ben almost threw another pick though after the one Brown tipped up. He lost track of a lineman that dropped back into coverage and threw it right at him, thankfully he had lineman hands and tipped it up allowing Jesse James to make the reception. But Ben very nearly had three total interceptions. He's got to clean that stuff up. KC will capitalize on those kinds of miscues.

kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 am

Oh, one more goat:

CBS - It's like they pay extra to show replays. Half the time there's a splash play, instead of a replay, they pan in on someone in the crowd, the coaches on the slideline, or a player who wasn't near the play drinking Gatorade. Come on man, show the replays! It's the only advantage to not being at the game.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:41 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

He's been throwing these ints for 5 games now. I'm concerned. In the last 5 games 8-8 TDs to INTs.

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Last edited by solardave on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Oh, one more goat:

CBS - It's like they pay extra to show replays. Half the time there's a splash play, instead of a replay, they pan in on someone in the crowd, the coaches on the slideline, or a player who wasn't near the play drinking Gatorade. Come on man, show the replays! It's the only advantage to not being at the game.

FWIW NBC has Steelers-Chiefs this Sunday.

I know Collinsworth has his detractors, but not having to listen to Phil Simms restate the obvious while complaining about how cold he is will be a plus for me.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Oh, one more goat:

I know Collinsworth has his detractors, but not having to listen to Phil Simms restate the obvious while complaining about how cold he is will be a plus for me.

Phil Simms besides being an idiot hates the Steelers. Collinsworth being a Bengal did for awhile but lately he seems more unbiased. I'd much rather him call our games than Sims or Fouts for that matter.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 11:17 am

solardave wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Oh, one more goat:

Phil Simms besides being an idiot hates the Steelers. Collinsworth being a Bengal did for awhile but lately he seems more unbiased. I'd much rather him call our games than Sims or Fouts for that matter.

I call on the MUTE button. Actually, I'll be at the American Legion drinking with friends and Steelers fans. I won't have to hear any of the idiotic announcers.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 12:20 pm

solardave wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
He's been throwing these ints for 5 games now. I'm concerned. In the last 5 games 8-8 TDs to INTs.

Tomlin agrees
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 pm

solardave wrote:

Really? I honestly never heard anything bias against the Steelers come from either Simms or Collinsworth. I usually only hear them praise them throughout the game. The guy I can tell who hates Pittsburgh while commentating is Dan Fouts. He doesn't even try and hide it.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Jazzo wrote:
solardave wrote:

Really? I honestly never heard anything bias against the Steelers come from either Simms or Collinsworth. I usually only hear them praise them throughout the game. The guy I can tell who hates Pittsburgh while commentating is Dan Fouts. He doesn't even try and hide it.

Yeah Fouts absolutely hates us. Simms will say shit like an obvious penalty against us was a good non call. There was a punt return close to the first half ending and you could see Nix get tackled from behind by a Dolphin player and Simms and (was it Nance?) ignored it. Since I don't watch other games he calls I'm not sure if he does it all the time and maybe I'm just a homer thinking we get picked on every game he calls. Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs 1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 2:39 am

Jazzo wrote:
solardave wrote:

Oh I've definitely noticed hate from Collinsworth. As of late he's much better at hiding it, but he's no fan of the Steelers. He's a former Bungle, so I get it.

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Oh, one more goat:

I can't wait to hear Collinsworth continually talk about Le'Veon, "Here's a guy that hesitates", "Here's a guy that is the most patient runner that I've ever seen".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs   Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers - Dolphins Gameballs/Goats NFL Wildcard Playoffs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next