Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJ Peezy in Cuffs Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

J Peezy in Cuffs

Go down 
+16
SteelerFreak58
kirklandrules
El-Gonzo Jackson
Wallace108
FrancoLambert
Shalieve5090
kan_t
WVABE
jak341
Fire Arians
OX1947
Drizztbob
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
stlrtruck
effyou515
Lokki
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 pm

I just got a notification from my Score Sports app that Joey Porter was in handcuffs after a clash with police. No other info other than that at the moment. Who rides?? He rides!!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 pm

He was detained, not arrested.

Hoping nothing comes of this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter reportedly arrested after win vs. Dolphins

The Pittsburgh Steelers are riding high following Sunday’s 30-12 win over the Miami Dolphins. Outside linebackers coach and former Steelers player Joey Porter, however, reportedly ended his night with an arrest for an altercation with a police officer.

According to Chris Mueller of the Beaver County Times, Porter was arrested Sunday night outside of a bar called The Flats on the south side of Pittsburgh.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/8/14208938/steelers-assistant-coach-joey-porter-reportedly-arrested-after-win-vs-dolphins

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:20 am

What a clown. Going to find himself suspended or fired pretty soon with stuff like that happening.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:53 am

doesn't look good for Peezy looks like imo the door man told Peezy he was to drunk to enter so Peezy proceed to make an ass out of himself and it went down hill from there.

looks like the Steelers will have a new OLB Coach next season.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 5:06 am

At least he didn't spit on anyone. J Peezy in Cuffs 1072540953 Next he'll be hanging out with Pacman. Maybe Lewis will hire him.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:00 am

Why is these guys can't just go home after the win. I mean I get the desire to celebrate but if you can't control yourself, then be aware of it, and stay home.

The one thing the Steelers don't need is distractions.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION J Peezy in Cuffs 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:18 am

Thankfully, the players showed more discipline and self-control than Peezy.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:52 am

I'll wait for all the details to come out, but Porter owes this team, and the fans an apology for creating this kind of stupid distraction amidst the playoffs. He knows better.

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:01 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'll wait for all the details to come out, but Porter owes this team, and the fans an apology for creating this kind of stupid distraction amidst the playoffs. He knows better.
Agree.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 am

So I guess he was not breaking down video of the Chiefs after the game to show the linebackers?

Between this and Ben in a boot after Tomlin deciding not to live in his fears by having Ben in the game after it was won the positive vibe from the Dolphins win wore off quickly
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:15 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
So I guess he was not breaking down video of the Chiefs after the game to show the linebackers?

Between this and Ben in a boot after Tomlin deciding not to live in his fears by having Ben in the game  after it was won the positive vibe from the Dolphins win wore off quickly

I saw the headline about Porter and just sat there head in hand... J Peezy in Cuffs 1505004552

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am

Stupid foolishness....

Atlanta Dan

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:46 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

P-G has more details from the criminal complaint filed this morning in the excerpts from this linked story

According to a criminal complaint filed early today, Pittsburgh police Officer Paul Abel was working an off-duty assignment at a bar in the South Side when another off-duty officer informed him that "the doorman for the Flats, located at 1500 E. Carson St., was being threatened by a Pittsburgh Steeler."

Officer Abel wrote that he went to the Flats and saw Mr. Porter "standing over the door man, later identified as Jon Neskow." Mr. Neskow told Mr. Porter, "Last time you (Porter) were here, you threatened to kill me. You need to leave. You are not getting in," according to the complaint.

Officer Abel wrote that he asked what was happening, but Mr. Porter did not respond and several men, who are not identified in court documents, said, "Officer, we got him. We got him."

"As soon as these...males stated this, Porter lunged at Neskow and grasped Neskow by his arms and lifting him up off the ground," according to the complaint.

Officer Abel wrote that he, with help from the unidentified men, grabbed Mr. Porter by the jacket to pull him off of the doorman.

"Porter let go of Neskow dropping him back down to the ground. Porter came to rest against a car parked directly in front of the establishment," according to the complaint.

Officer Abel wrote that Porter, who is 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs about 260 pounds, grabbed him by the wrists and smelled of alcohol. Officer Abel wrote that he is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 145 pounds.

"Porter informed me that he was not touching me, as he was still holding my wrists," Officer Abel wrote. He wrote that Mr. Porter then asked, "Did you hear what he (Neskow) said to me?"

The unidentified men again said, "We got him, Officer. We got him, Officer" and Mr. Porter then "suddenly released" Officer Abel and started backing away into East Carson Street, according to court paperwork.

Officer Abel wrote that he requested back-up and then unzipped his coat "allowing me access to my City of Pittsburgh issued Body Worn Camera, and activated it at this time."

Officer Abel wrote that he followed Mr. Porter until other officers arrived, and Mr. Porter shouted at various times, "No, you are going too far now" or "No! No! I didn't do anything."

After he was handcuffed, Mr. Porter yelled, 'You're lying! I never touched you," according to the complaint.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/09/Court-documents-reveal-new-details-about-arrest-of-Steeler-assistant-coach-Joey-Porter-pittsburgh/stories/201701090133

Wonder who the "unidentified men" were who pulled Porter off the doorman?  Hopefully fans trying to get Porter out of more trouble and not players out bar hopping with Porter

Should be a salty press conference on Tuesday with Tomlin being asked about this along with Ben's status and WTF Ben was doing in the game at that point

Porter has some goodwill in the bank with the Rooneys from his years as a player but this is inexcusable behavior
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:56 am

Maybe the cop should have just shot him in the a$$ ... you know, just as a refresher for him.

If this happened in the regular season, I'd fire him. This is a huge distraction the team doesn't need. Maybe make him enroll in an AA group with a promise to go into M. Bryant's rehab clinic during the off-season.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:00 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Wonder who the "unidentified men" were who pulled Porter off the doorman?  Hopefully fans trying to get Porter out of more trouble and not players out bar hopping with Porter

Should be a salty press conference on Tuesday with Tomlin being asked about this along with Ben's status and WTF Ben was doing in the game at that point

Porter has some goodwill in the bank with the Rooneys from his years as a player but this is inexcusable behavior

I bet the "unidentified men" were either players or coaches. But most likely they were Steelers personnel in some capacity.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:55 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

I bet the "unidentified men" were either players or coaches. But most likely they were Steelers personnel in some capacity.

Yeah, I have a hunch that you are right on that.

Take away the fact that he was a popular and talented player for the team. If this was Munchak, Richard Mann or Randy Fichtner, then how does this all shake out? Do they go on because they need a position coach until the season is over, or do they suspend/dismiss him and wait for final decision after the facts of the case are delivered?

My guess is he is on the sidelines this Sunday and this is his last strike. The next one might be the last straw, or he is let go in the offseason.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 am

Peezy can't handle his alcohol I dislike being around a drunk person like that.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:10 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

Take away the fact that he was a popular and talented player for the team.  If this was Munchak, Richard Mann or Randy Fichtner, then how does this all shake out?  Do they go on because they need a position coach until the season is over, or do they suspend/dismiss him and wait for final decision after the facts of the case are delivered?

My guess is he is on the sidelines this Sunday and this is his last strike.  The next one might be the last straw, or he is let go in the offseason.

Being it's an assistant coach and Peezy, and knowing how the NFL drags their feet. I'm guessing the FO will wait for all the information to be given and for the NFL to get close to a final decision before reacting.

I'm guessing he will eventually be reprimanded, fined, and possibly fired.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION J Peezy in Cuffs 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:21 am

Distractions... well it was nice having him coach our OLBs but ownership isn't gonna play that with a position coach...
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 am

stlrtruck wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

Take away the fact that he was a popular and talented player for the team.  If this was Munchak, Richard Mann or Randy Fichtner, then how does this all shake out?  Do they go on because they need a position coach until the season is over, or do they suspend/dismiss him and wait for final decision after the facts of the case are delivered?

My guess is he is on the sidelines this Sunday and this is his last strike.  The next one might be the last straw, or he is let go in the offseason.

Being it's an assistant coach and Peezy, and knowing how the NFL drags their feet.  I'm guessing the FO will wait for all the information to be given and for the NFL to get close to a final decision before reacting.

I'm guessing he will eventually be reprimanded, fined, and possibly fired.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 am

Rooney's love Peezy. They will probably give him a pass here. He won't be able to do it again though.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Being it's an assistant coach and Peezy, and knowing how the NFL drags their feet.  I'm guessing the FO will wait for all the information to be given and for the NFL to get close to a final decision before reacting.

Definitely can string this out until after the preliminary hearing on January 19

Play of the outside linebacker position has improved since midseason, but that presumably has more to do with Harrison (who coaches himself) and Dupree (who was injured) becoming full time starters than Porter coaching anyone up

This is not Mike Munchak or John Mitchell we are talking about here in terms of losing a valued assistant - I think Porter (along with Danny Smith) is looking at dismissal after the season, especially if the KC game does not go well and the team is regarded as having underperformed this season - non-coordinator assistants usually are the sacrifices in those circumstances

OX1947 wrote:
Rooney's love Peezy. They will probably give him a pass here. He won't be able to do it again though.

Rooneys did not force extending his contract in Tomlin's first year, when it looked like Porter was going to be disruptive about not getting an extension and he was released. And players acting out is more tolerated than coaches doing so.

How much of a bond Porter has developed with Tomlin will be the key here.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

My lady and I were just down on E. Carson St last week and we could feel what type of vibe the Southside Flats area had. Long story short, were lucky to get a Lyft or Uber out of the area at 2 am. Every driver we talked to in Pittsburgh said how they did everything possible to avoid getting pinged to E. Carson St, because they didn't want to deal with all of the dumb asses down there.

My main point here is that if I was Joey Porter, I wouldn't even be going down to that side of town at night. He should know that there is nothing but trouble lurking, especially for a local sports celebrity. When it comes to alcohol, trouble is easy to get into, but hard to get out of...

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Smart move - shuts down questions about "how can you tolerate this and send a message to the youth of America that it is OK to get drunk and confront doormen at bars" while deflecting further questions with the response the matter is "under review"

We will not see Porter on the Steelers sideline again until next season, if ever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

J Peezy in Cuffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: J Peezy in Cuffs   J Peezy in Cuffs Empty

Back to top Go down

J Peezy in Cuffs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next