Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread

Go down 
+28
Wallace108
Mach1
steelcrazy
Geordie
Shalieve5090
schillah
WVABE
El-Gonzo Jackson
OX1947
FrancoLambert
solardave
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Atlanta Dan
effyou515
Jazzo
LambertWardSteel
SteelerFreak58
kirklandrules
JPPT1974
Lokki
kan_t
SteelerEmpire
Steeler-in-west
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Steelcitian
Fire Arians
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread Empty
PostSubject: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 am

No reason to wait to start the thread. There are plenty of distractions already available to the Steelers:

1. Why was Ben playing late in the game yesterday?
2. Why was Ben really in a walking boot after the game?
3. What the hell was Porter doing dahntahn after the game?
4. Why the hell couldn't Porter just contain his emotions?

The Steelers will start preparing for the chiefs today, as fans we must do the same (at least it sounds good in theory).

Must Wine, Can No Lose!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:22 am

stlrtruck wrote:
No reason to wait to start the thread.  There are plenty of distractions already available to the Steelers:

1. Why was Ben playing late in the game yesterday?
2. Why was Ben really in a walking boot after the game?
3. What the hell was Porter doing dahntahn after the game?
4. Why the hell couldn't Porter just contain his emotions?

The Steelers will start preparing for the chiefs today, as fans we must do the same (at least it sounds good in theory).

Must Wine, Can No Lose!

Nothing good comes from being drunk on the Southside. Ever.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Was listening to some NFL wrapup show roundtable and one of the pundits made a comment that Andy Reid is 16-2 when coming off a bye week and having 2 weeks to prepare for his teams for the next game.

Steelers on the road, against the genius that is Andy Reid, the precision of Alex Smith, the Chiefs pass rush and the Arrowhead fans?? Steelers against the world!!! Nobody giving them a chance. Put it on the bulletin board!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Gonna be a tough game, KC is good in all phases, and arrowhead is one of the toughest spots to go on the road and win. If we can pull this off, I think we have a great shot at another championship.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:33 pm

From a Chiefs forum- Are we homers this much?

Andy Reid and Bob Sutton have had an extra week to prepare. Bell will have 29 yards on the day, Brown will have 2 catches for 26 yards, and Big Ben will throw for 118 yards, 0 TD and 2 INT. Ford and Houston will combine for 4 sacks. Sorenson will also have a sack and a forced fumble on a safety blitz. Poe will scoop up the fumble and return it 12 yards for a TD. Alex will throw for 300 yards and 4 TD. Hill will have an 80 yard touchdown catch, a 76 yard punt return, and a 64 yard touchdown run. Kelce will have 2 TD catches, and Maclin 1. Final Score 42-6 Chiefs
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Steelcitian wrote:

Andy Reid and Bob Sutton have had an extra week to prepare. Bell will have 29 yards on the day, Brown will have 2 catches for 26 yards, and Big Ben will throw for 118 yards, 0 TD and 2 INT. Ford and Houston will combine for 4 sacks. Sorenson will also have a sack and a forced fumble on a safety blitz. Poe will scoop up the fumble and return it 12 yards for a TD. Alex will throw for 300 yards and 4 TD. Hill will have an 80 yard touchdown catch, a 76 yard punt return, and a 64 yard touchdown run. Kelce will have 2 TD catches, and Maclin 1. Final Score 42-6 Chiefs
Heh that's a lot of wishful thinking on their part given what happened earlier. I expect a tighter game than our previous match up but I feel good about our chances ending up on top. We're on a mission.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Steelcitian wrote:

On this board: no. There are a lot of homers out there though. Take it with a grain of salt.

The game is going to be extremely challenging, and whoever wins is going into Foxboro (an even more challenging game.)
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:08 pm

I think, on this board especially, we have optimistic fans who understand the reality of the Steelers product on the field.

We are aware of the good, the bad, and the indifferent with this team in every aspect of the ball and coaching. We have high expectations of our team year in and year out. I believe that is due to the high level of success this team has had during the 1970's through now. While we've experienced bad years, they weren't consistent and we've had more good times than bad. So we can express our expectations of the game and recognize the talents opposing us on the other team.

However, we expect our team to win. We also expect it to rarely be a blow out.

In this game, I expect Hill & Kelce to give us problems. I expect their defense to bring the rush to stop Bell. I also expect Ayers (got it right) and Rogers to step up their game - again! In the end, I expect the Steelers to win. 31 - 20

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread 3056903510

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 pm

jak341 wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

On this board: no. There are a lot of homers out there though. Take it with a grain of salt.

The game is going to be extremely challenging, and whoever wins is going into Foxboro (an even more challenging game.)

IDK, Solardave called 27-10 win over the Dolphins(with an Artie Burns pick 6) and OX1947 called a blowout. Homers, or clairvoyant?? Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread 1797695198

Some Chef fans being optimistic because home field, the extra week off and the 2 seed doesn't bother me. Steelers should be underdogs, but aren't currently. Honestly, I didn't know the Chefs run defense was so porous. Another weapon in the pass game like Green would still be nice. If AB, Hamilton, Coates, Green can create a vertical threat, then Bell can have another big day on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Haley is going to come up with a good game plane for the offense - I have no doubt (it's KC) And I can't see Alex smith doing that well against this defense.

27-20 Pittsburgh.....and I'm being conservative
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:53 pm

You know the Kool-Aid man will be scheming hard for this game.

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread IFWT_Andy-Reid-Kool-Aid-3
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:08 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

Heh that's a lot of wishful thinking on their part given what happened earlier. I expect a tighter game than our previous match up but I feel good about our chances ending up on top. We're on a mission.

I think we have a 50-50 chance of beating the chiefs. Let's be real, this isn't going to be an easy win by any stretch. However, to say either team is gonna win 42-6 is just retarded. I have a feeling this one's gonna be decided late in the 4th.

With DJ out for the chiefs though, I think Bell has another chance to rack up another big game. If he can have a 100 yard game rushing, I really like our chances.

Honestly I think Ben needs to take a page from John Elway and Peyton Manning. Lean on the running plays and make great throws when needed. He doesn't have to be the guy carrying the team, he has the best RB in the NFL (yes even better than that Dallas kid, imo).
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:37 pm

They'll try to get some get-back from the wk 4 loss. They may be a better team since, but we are too; and better than they are.

We're also the most physical team in the playoffs, by far in most cases.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:51 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Was listening to some NFL wrapup show roundtable and one of the pundits made a comment that Andy Reid is 16-2 when coming off a bye week and having 2 weeks to prepare for his teams for the next game.

Steelers on the road, against the genius that is Andy Reid, the precision of Alex Smith, the Chiefs pass rush and the Arrowhead fans??  Steelers against the world!!!  Nobody giving them a chance.  Put it on the bulletin board!

lol saw that too with Andy Reid. The other big story seems to be since the Steelers got revenge on the Dolphins for a loss during the season that the Chiefs would be doing the same.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Steelcitian wrote:

I looked at Alex Smith's stats and he threw for over 300 one time all season and that was an OT win vs. the Chargers week one. He also hasn't had more than 2 TD passes in a game either.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

The X-Factor is going to be Tyreek Hill especially on kickoffs and punts. He's got speed and speed to burn.

As they use to say about DeSean Jackson - Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread 512807920 DON'T KICK HIM THE BALL!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:24 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
The X-Factor is going to be Tyreek Hill especially on kickoffs and punts.  He's got speed and speed to burn.

As they use to say about DeSean Jackson - Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread 512807920 DON'T KICK HIM THE BALL!
Yeah Hill is legit. Exciting young player. I feel if we keep their run game in check, we got a great chance of winning. It should be a good game. Wish we were at home but we are where we are. One game at a time.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 5:16 pm

you know Haley is licking his chops to set up a game plan to beat the team that fired him.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 5:39 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
The X-Factor is going to be Tyreek Hill especially on kickoffs and punts.  He's got speed and speed to burn.

And we have Danny Smith to come up with a special teams game plan to neutralize him.

Very comforting.  Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread 1072540953
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:41 pm

One of the toughest places to go to and win. If the Steelers do it it's going to be with solid runnning and a mix of the receivers stepping up. If we can beat KC on the road in the playoffs we will have a lot of momentum going in to NE.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:48 pm

The Steelers would get killed by the Chiefs if the special team keeps playing like that.

Another key battle is Shazier and Timmons against Kelce. You shut him down and the Steelers win.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

I think we have a 50-50 chance of beating the chiefs. Let's be real, this isn't going to be an easy win by any stretch. However, to say either team is gonna win 42-6 is just retarded. I have a feeling this one's gonna be decided late in the 4th.

With DJ out for the chiefs though, I think Bell has another chance to rack up another big game. If he can have a 100 yard game rushing, I really like our chances.

Honestly I think Ben needs to take a page from John Elway and Peyton Manning. Lean on the running plays and make great throws when needed. He doesn't have to be the guy carrying the team, he has the best RB in the NFL (yes even better than that Dallas kid, imo).
I also think that with the defense the Chiefs have, the Steelers should run early and often. However, I hope they don't call 8 consecutive run play like last game. I think it throws off the rhythm of the passing game. Not only Ben but also Brown.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:56 pm

jak341 wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

Indeed.  The big thing is going to be getting the win and not getting any injuries.  We will need all hands on deck for the Pats**, unless by some act of God, the Texans beat them.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 am

Hoping we have Ledarius Green back for this game. The Chiefs didn't have to account for him in Week 4, and he could really open up the passing game again as he takes attention away from the other receivers. I hope he gets out of the protocol, it's been two solid weeks, should hopefully be enough to have him back healthy.

Key to this game is shutting down the Chiefs running game, which we should definitely be able to do. Pressure Alex Smith, and keep Kelce/Hill from making big plays. Start fast offensively, force the Chiefs to play from behind.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:24 am

kan_t wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

I also think that with the defense the Chiefs have, the Steelers should run early and often. However, I hope they don't call 8 consecutive run play like last game. I think it throws off the rhythm of the passing game. Not only Ben but also Brown.

I didn't know that Derrick Johnson was on IR. That changes a lot IMO. The guy is a great all around ILB that can cover the passing lanes and stop the run. Whoever they put in as his replacement is a downgrade IMO. So they have Poe up the middle, but not having good ILB play can really mean that Eric Berry needs to come down on the run and bite on play action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next