Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeShamarko Thomas Signs With Jets Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets

Go down 
+9
DesertSteel
stlrtruck
vasteeler
schillah
El-Gonzo Jackson
solardave
FrancoLambert
BlackAndGold
Steelcitian
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets Empty
PostSubject: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Anyone post or hear about this yet? How much will he be missed?

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/01/former-steelers-safety-shamarko-thomas-signs-with-the-jets/
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 9:06 pm

He won't be missed.

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 9:19 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
He won't be missed.

Never even close to making it as a safety for us.

Was supposed to be a special teams ace, yet what I remember most are dumb penalties for running into the returner.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 4:53 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
He won't be missed.

Never even close to making it as a safety for us.

Was supposed to be a special teams ace, yet what I remember most are dumb penalties for running into the returner.

After how many years he finally started to contribute a little on STs. Career STs player.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:21 am

Jarvis Jones, Shamarko Thomas, Marcus Wheaton, Terry Hawthorne, .......all gone from that draft. Jones and Thomas the most disappointing obviously.

At least LeVeon Bell, Vince Williams and Landry Jones are still around and contributors. Not disappointed to see Sharknado or Jarvis Jones move on.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm surprised he found a team tbh

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 7:58 pm

He was nothing more than ST player, he sometimes couldn't do that job without making dumb mistakes.

They signed his replacement with Daimion Stafford.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 8:12 pm

As bad as our secondary was while he was here he still couldn't become a starter. That shows how awful he must be. Good luck in NY

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 8:09 am

Wasn't Thomas a Special Teams guy?

I'm sure we'll be able to find someone who went undrafted.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 4:29 pm

schillah wrote:
I'm surprised he found a team tbh
I'll be even more surprised if he's on the 53.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Worst thing about the Shamarko Thomas pick was that the Steelers traded a 3rd round pick the following season to move up and get him. There were a lot of guys in the 3rd round of the 2014 draft like Justin Ellis DT, Richard Rodgers TE, Devonta Freeman, Bashaud Breeland, etc.

Traded up for a bust and traded away a pick of some talented players. Movin on......
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 9:15 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Worst thing about the Shamarko Thomas pick was that the Steelers traded a 3rd round pick the following season to move up and get him.  There were a lot of guys in the 3rd round of the 2014 draft like Justin Ellis DT, Richard Rodgers TE, Devonta Freeman, Bashaud Breeland, etc.  

Traded up for a bust and traded away a pick of some talented players.  Movin on......

yup, that all sucks...know what else sucks ? 8 out of the last 15 players picked AFTER jones in the first round have played in a pro bowl... Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets 1505004552
3 of them being defensive backs that we so desperately needed out of that draft.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 3:49 pm

the shark
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 2:57 am

I think Sharknado was a decent ST player, but honestly I'm not really sad to see him gone. Had high hopes for that kid coming out of college but he just doesn't have the football IQ to play effectively as an actual safety in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 1:48 pm

i don't know why so many of us , myself included, were confident shamarko was going to be a solid player.  i mean after all the guy was a 4th round pick . i suppose it was the fact that the steelers traded up to get him , which led us to believe he was a safe bet.  but who knows , he may have still been on the board for the 5th round .. Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets 2087824411 ..the steelers track record for drafting quality Dbacks hasn't exactly been great

as VASTEELERS pointed out , what the hell are the jets thinking ? the guy couldn't land a starting spot on a team with a horrible secondary after 4 years ... Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets 1505004552
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

as VASTEELERS pointed out , what the hell are the jets thinking ? the guy couldn't land a starting spot on a team with a horrible secondary after 4 years ... Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets 1505004552

Thay are thinking it was either him or Valentino Blake. affraid
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 am

All I know is that we should avoid drafting safties from Syracuse.

Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets 01172014_RookieHighlights_Thomas_Shamarko

Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets Bc4e291da4_anthony_smith

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets   Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets Empty

Back to top Go down

Shamarko Thomas Signs With Jets
Page 1 of 1