Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs Andrew Luck Done? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is Andrew Luck Done?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Is Andrew Luck Done? Empty
PostSubject: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 8:56 pm

D'Qwell Jackson thinks so.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2017/10/29/a-former-colts-teammate-says-andrew-lucks-career-might-be-over-is-probably-very-wrong/107142088/
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 11:56 pm

yeah know, for the right price Is Andrew Luck Done? 1689750825

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Is Andrew Luck Done? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 pm

I dunno but Luck has been something of a disappointment. I won't call him a bust but he was supposed to be an Elway/Manning type of QB that only comes around once in a while. The Colts have done a poor job building around him.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 3:25 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I dunno but Luck has been something of a disappointment. I won't call him a bust but he was supposed to be an Elway/Manning type of QB that only comes around once in a while. The Colts have done a poor job building around him.

I agree they've done a terrible job of building the offense around him.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Is Andrew Luck Done? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Collinsworth pointed it out last night but Ben has had a 100+ yard rusher in 1/3 of his career games while Stafford has only had seven. I don't know Luck's numbers but a great QB needs a good RB to support him. Peyton had Edge James his time in Indy. Luck hasn't really had anyone in Indy. I hope Luck's not done. He's a likable kid. I think that division is going to be Houston and Jacksonville's in the years to come though. Watson really impresses me and I like what Jacksonville is building on defense.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 6:08 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Collinsworth pointed it out last night but Ben has had a 100+ yard rusher in 1/3 of his career games while Stafford has only had seven. I don't know Luck's numbers but a great QB needs a good RB to support him. Peyton had Edge James his time in Indy. Luck hasn't really had anyone in Indy. I hope Luck's not done. He's a likable kid. I think that division is going to be Houston and Jacksonville's in the years to come though. Watson really impresses me and I like what Jacksonville is building on defense.

Yep I agree. No matter how good your QB is, it's extremely difficult to do without a running game. Heck, Elway couldn't do it without TD. Montana had Roger Craig who isn't a slouch. Brady had Dillon / Blount (despite character issues, a very talented back). Aikman had the NFL's all-time leading rusher. Ben in his glory years had Parker and the Bus. The greatest show on turf, I don't think would have been that without Marshall Faulk. The list goes on.. Then there's Marino who arguably may be the best QB of all time, but never had a running game.

Honestly the only QB i can remember who did it without any strong running game was Drew Brees? Though I remember the saints defense that year was really good at taking the ball away. That'll help you win. Ah, just looked up their roster and their trio of running backs got the job done. Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas both averaged over 5.4 yards a carry, and combined were over 1000 yards. Mike Bell also chipped in another 600. So Drew Brees did it with a strong running attack as well.

Bottom line I guess is no QB is good enough to do it alone.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 12:12 pm

On the local radio show, they interviewed Pat McAfee (former Colts punter, Pittsburgh suburb native, and Barstool Sports podcast host). He still has connections inside the Colts locker room. One thing that no one on the Colts will comment on is the status of Luck. No one seems to know.

However, he did say when he saw Luck, Luck appeared to be completely out of football shape. He lost all the general body mass a professional athlete has from just working out.

Also related the Luck story is General Manager Irsay saying that Luck isn't really injured, and that the injury is in his head.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jim-irsay-reportedly-thinks-andrew-luck-injury-head-article-1.3617485

Definitely a weird situation in Indy.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 7:28 am

jak341 wrote:

Also related the Luck story is General Manager Irsay saying that Luck isn't really injured, and that the injury is in his head.

Kind of like the one Irsay had when he was busted with pain pills. Is Andrew Luck Done? 3135543967
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Andrew Luck Done?   Is Andrew Luck Done? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Andrew Luck Done?
Page 1 of 1