Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFive things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'

Go down 
+2
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' Empty
PostSubject: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 11:34 pm

By Edward Lewis NFL.com
Published: Nov. 14, 2017

For the first time since Week 6, when the Carolina Panthers and Philadelphia Eagles put on a fun show, Thursday Night Football features two teams with winning records. The Pittsburgh Steelers (7-2) square off with the Tennessee Titans (6-3) at 8:25 p.m. ET at Heinz Field.

What are we watching for when two of the AFC's top teams clash? Here are five things:

1. Are the Titans really that good? They have six wins and only three losses, but when you dive into their schedule, there's not much impressive about their resume, especially recently. There's a 10-point loss to the 4-5 Raiders, a 43-point blowout to the 3-6 Houston Texans and a six-point loss to the 4-5 Miami Dolphins on their docket. There are a lot of wins, but one is over the winless Cleveland Browns (in overtime), another is over the 3-7 Indianapolis Colts, another the 4-5 Baltimore Ravens and another over the 3-6 Cincinnati Bengals. There are two impressive victories over the Seattle Seahawks and the Jacksonville Jaguars, but both those came in Weeks 2 and 3, before the calendar even began its flip to fall. The Titans don't get a lot of respect when it comes to the big-picture analysis (they rank just 11th in this week's NFL Power Rankings) almost exclusively because of that schedule. On Thursday night, though, they have a chance to prove they are as good as their record indicates by knocking off a talented Steelers team that currently sits atop the conference standings.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877615/article/five-things-to-watch-for-in-steelerstitans-on-tnf
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 am

The reason I'm concerned with the Titans is LeBeau. He knows Ben and I expect him to throw it all at us.

I think our defense will have to create turnovers for us to win this one. Another low scoring game but I hope Ben proves me wrong and "unleashes hell."
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 6:12 am

Quote :
There are a lot of wins, but one is over the winless Cleveland Browns (in overtime), another is over the 3-7 Indianapolis Colts, another the 4-5 Baltimore Ravens and another over the 3-6 Cincinnati Bengals.

Those same teams make up 4 of our wins but that doesn't seem to be an issue. lol
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 8:13 am

solardave wrote:
The reason I'm concerned with the Titans is LeBeau. He knows Ben and I expect him to throw it all at us.

I think our defense will have to create turnovers for us to win this one. Another low scoring game but I hope Ben proves me wrong and "unleashes hell."

Now you've done it SD! You should know we don't use those phrases until December Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 1549491426 Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 3562723908

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 am

1. I'm not thrilled about the "Madden View" for this game.
2. I'm not worried about their offense as much as I am about our defense tackling.
3. I'm not worried about them getting to Ben as much as I'm worried about Ben using his check downs to make them pay for coming after him.
4. I'm not worried about their Trojan b/c I know our Trojan is better
5. I'm not worried about winning this game as much as I'm worried about how stressful it will be at the end b/c this offense isn't scoring the 30+ points per game and our defense isn't tackling well.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Steelers expect 'everything' from LeBeau's defense

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com
Published: Nov. 15, 2017

Thursday night's tilt between the Tennessee Titans and the Pittsburgh Steelers might just be a mid-week clash of two AFC division leaders, but there's also a sneaky revenge game factor. For the first game since leaving Pittsburgh, current Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will face his former team.

Steelers vets, who had been there during the decade-plus LeBeau era, are dutifully preparing for a reunion with their former DC.

"It's not just a defense," Roethlisberger told reporters Tuesday, per The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "It's a Dick LeBeau defense." Asked what he expects to see from LeBeau's Tennessee unit on Thurday, Roethlisberger added, "Everything."

His star wide receiver Antonio Brown went as far to say, "I'm not eager to go against LeBeau."

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877633/article/steelers-expect-everything-from-lebeaus-defense
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 8:25 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

Now you've done it SD!  You should know we don't use those phrases until December Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 1549491426  Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 3562723908

Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 312503953 Dick Lebeau will not have to show anything new his 3 deep zone is taylor made to shut down the passing routes Ben want to throw all the time.

the only QBs that kills a Lebeau defense are the ones who use the short passing game and work the ball down field.
Tom Brady

or what Matt Stafford did to Butler's defense.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 4:44 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

Now you've done it SD!  You should know we don't use those phrases until December Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 1549491426  Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 3562723908

My Mom always said I was ahead of my time. Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' 3798349058
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 am

stlrtruck wrote:
1. I'm not thrilled about the "Madden View" for this game.

You know a lot of people were complaining about the Madden view, but I loved it. I felt like I could really see a play developing from an offensive standpoint. It was kind of seeing what the QB sees in a way. You could also see the defense reacting and making adjustments. While I don't think it should be used exclusively, it should definitely be mixed in sometimes. Felt like I could learn from watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'   Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF' Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1