Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***

Go down 
+6
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Mach1
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Hawaii 5-0
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** Empty
PostSubject: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*

ESPN

The Pittsburgh Steelers were certainly looking forward to a playoff rematch with the New England Patriots**. Coach Mike Tomlin talked about it before the teams met in Week 15, and safety Mike Mitchell guaranteed a victory over New England before the playoffs even started.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/24499/jaguars-troll-steelers-for-looking-ahead-to-Patriots**
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm

I've seen a couple players say that it's absurd to suggest they were looking ahead to the Patriots*. Not that they'd admit it, but I think the truth is evident in the way they played today.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 pm

I was going to root for the jag offs next week, but on twitter, they are being, well, jagoffs.

I’m almost hoping the cheats win, then lose the big one. On the other hand, it would be a pleasure watching the cheat fans go into shock if the jags win.

Mike Mitchell did say some things on Twitter the alluded to the fact that the AFC championship was going to be between the Cheats and us. So he did bring on the trolling somewhat.

All I know is I’m depressed. Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** 2164293255 Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** 2164293255 Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** 2164293255

Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 12:09 am

Remember not to long ago when Tomlin was looking ahead to the cheats in the playoffs. Just sayin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 am

David DeCastro on team’s pregame obsession with Patriots*: It’s embarrassing and stupid

Posted by Charean Williams on January 14, 2018

The Steelers overlooked and dismissed the Jaguars all week, which is strange considering Jacksonville beat them 30-9 three months ago.

When the Jaguars ran off the field Sunday after their 45-42 victory, they did it yelling for Mike Mitchell. The safety told Sports Illustrated the Steelers would play the Patriots* again, and running back Le'Veon Bell expressed similar sentiments in a tweet.

At least one Steeler was as angry at some of his teammates as the Jaguars were.

“They were ready to go; they were mad; they were angry; they had something to prove, and they did it,’’ Steelers offensive guard David DeCastro said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Yeah, it’s embarrassing. It really is, man. It just blows my mind. They beat us 30-9 [on Oct. 9]. We played like crap, and we want to talk about New England?

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/14/david-decastro-on-teams-pregame-obsession-with-Patriots*-its-embarrassing-and-stupid/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:00 am

I've said for a long time that Tomlin does not get these guys ready for big games. I believe most of this team looked right past the Jags and paid the price.
Like I said yesterday,your QB throws 5 TDs and for almost 500 yards and you still loose.
We once had the "Steel Curtain". Then there was "Blitzburgh" Now we have the "Day Late" defense.

Most of the damage they did running the ball was to the outside so that is on Burns,Hayden, Mitchell,and Davis. They also had blown coverage all day long. We couldn't stop their 3rd string RB.

Ben's INT and fumble hurt us but IMO he redeemed himself with some throws only he could make. Credit AB, Bryant, Bell , and Rogers for some really great catches. McDonald had a good game too.

It's easy to second the decision to kick the onside kick. Especially since we held them and instead of a FG they would have had to punt.

Once again the refs missed some calls but if we had played like it meant something we would be heading to Foxboro.

I've been a diehard fan for over 40 years and I have to say this season was the most stressful I have watched.

Tomlin is a good coach but his legacy is going to be playing down to lesser competition. If he doesn't change that mindset I don't think we will win another SB with him at coach.

Right now I wouldn't care if they cleaned house.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:33 am

I prefer to call them the "Wet Paper Towel Defense".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:45 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I prefer to call them the "Wet Paper Towel Defense".

Yeah the Jags certainly wiped our noses in it yesterday. What good are rankings when you play like shit against a guy like Bortles. Our defensive ranking now should be lower than whale shit. That's probably what was on the paper towels.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:24 am

What pisses me off the most. If they hadn't had Bob Kraft in the replay booth we win the game against the Patriots* and we could have lost to the Bills Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** 2800024739 I guess the healing has started. Life goes on.
Not really I'm still wanting heads to roll. Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** 1945926454
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

I'm picking the Jaguars to bet the Patriot next Sunday because I like their defense and their running game is strong enough.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 am

effyou515 wrote:
I'm picking the Jaguars to bet the Patriot next Sunday because I like their defense and their running game is strong enough.

Not with Fournette injured. After his injury he only got 27 yards in 13 carries.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:43 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
David DeCastro on team’s pregame obsession with Patriots**: It’s embarrassing and stupid

Posted by Charean Williams on January 14, 2018

The Steelers overlooked and dismissed the Jaguars all week, which is strange considering Jacksonville beat them 30-9 three months ago.

When the Jaguars ran off the field Sunday after their 45-42 victory, they did it yelling for Mike Mitchell. The safety told Sports Illustrated the Steelers would play the Patriots** again, and running back Le'Veon Bell expressed similar sentiments in a tweet.

At least one Steeler was as angry at some of his teammates as the Jaguars were.

“They were ready to go; they were mad; they were angry; they had something to prove, and they did it,’’ Steelers offensive guard David DeCastro said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Yeah, it’s embarrassing. It really is, man. It just blows my mind. They beat us 30-9 [on Oct. 9]. We played like crap, and we want to talk about New England?

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/14/david-decastro-on-teams-pregame-obsession-with-Patriots**-its-embarrassing-and-stupid/

Kudos to DeCastro for being honest about the situation while also not creating any new drama.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Joe Starkey: Humiliating loss should have Art Rooney II demanding change

JOE STARKEY
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
JAN 14, 2018

“We should win it all.” — Mike Tomlin, in November.

“We’re going to play [the Patriots*] again. We can play them in hell, we can play them in Haiti, we can play them in New England. We’re gonna win.” — Mike Mitchell, three weeks ago.

“I’ll give you guys one guess who you think I wanna play.” — Ben Roethlisberger, two weeks ago.

“I love round 2s … we’ll have two round 2s in back to back weeks …” — Le’Veon Bell, late Saturday night.

When you talk that way and win, you’re the Dallas Cowboys of the 1990s. You got swagger.

When you talk that way and lose — in your opening playoff game, at home, as a heavy favorite, no less — you’re a punch line. And today, friends, the entire football world is laughing at the Steelers. The guys who couldn’t stop talking about a game that will never happen.

Thank God it didn’t, right? After watching Blake freakin’ Bortles carve this defense like a Christmas ham, what would Tom Brady have done?

“They acted like we didn’t destroy them the first time around,” Jaguars safety Barry Church said. “We dominated those fools [in October].”

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2018/01/14/Joe-Starkey-Humiliating-loss-should-have-Art-Rooney-II-demanding-change/stories/201801140220
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Dang it. I’ve reached my number of “free reads” and I’m not subscribing.

Yardbarker was blaming the coaching staff for the loss of the game. Especially, the 4th and 1.

It’s disappointing, but I still think we have another window year in which we can be strong contenders. I have a feeling Ben will be done after 2018. They better draft a QB if there is a strong qb available.

I’m now officially cheering for the Pats**. I can’t believe I am saying that, but I do think they are better than the jag offs. I don’t recall any Pats** calling us fools either. Fans, maybe, but not players. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** We_bel10
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Not that I want to go around quoting cheats players, but he does offer some wisdom here:

Quote :
Patriots* safety Duron Harmon to @STEVEBURTONWBZ: Steelers' loss to Jaguars shows importance of respecting opponent. http://es.pn/2DyZkuU

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 am

An ironic twist ...

Jags players defend Jalen Ramsey after CB's Super Bowl guarantee

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars spent a week fuming over what they believed was a sign of disrespect by Pittsburgh Steelers players looking ahead to the AFC Championship Game beyond their divisional-round contest.

Now one of them may have provided some bulletin board material for the New England Patriots* after cornerback Jalen Ramsey guaranteed a victory over the Patriots* in Gillette Stadium on Sunday while speaking to thousands of fans at EverBank Field who had gathered to welcome the team home after their 45-42 victory over the Steelers.

"I ain't got too much to say, but make sure you all bring that same energy out next week and the week after," Ramsey said into a microphone. "We are going to the Super Bowl, and we are going to win that b----. We are going to win that b----."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22108184/jalen-ramsey-jacksonville-jaguars-guarantees-super-bowl-victory

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 5:45 am

Wallace108 wrote:
An ironic twist ...

Jags players defend Jalen Ramsey after CB's Super Bowl guarantee

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars spent a week fuming over what they believed was a sign of disrespect by Pittsburgh Steelers players looking ahead to the AFC Championship Game beyond their divisional-round contest.

Now one of them may have provided some bulletin board material for the New England Patriots** after cornerback Jalen Ramsey guaranteed a victory over the Patriots** in Gillette Stadium on Sunday while speaking to thousands of fans at EverBank Field who had gathered to welcome the team home after their 45-42 victory over the Steelers.

"I ain't got too much to say, but make sure you all bring that same energy out next week and the week after," Ramsey said into a microphone. "We are going to the Super Bowl, and we are going to win that b----. We are going to win that b----."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22108184/jalen-ramsey-jacksonville-jaguars-guarantees-super-bowl-victory

Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 6:40 am

Wallace108 wrote:

"I ain't got too much to say, but make sure you all bring that same energy out next week and the week after,"

It's nice that he wants a lot of energy for the Pro Bowl. Maybe he should check when the Super Bowl is.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 9:28 am

I hope they go into overtime so many times even the officials get tired, throw up their hands and proclaim the Patriots* winners.
Whoever the Patriots* play in the SB I hope they stomp Brady into retirement and Shut them the hell up forever.
If it wasn't for cheatin' there'd be no Patriots*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***   Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*** Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots***
Page 1 of 1