Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTomlins Defense Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tomlins Defense

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Tomlins Defense Empty
PostSubject: Tomlins Defense   Tomlins Defense EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am

Well now we know a bit more why heads didn’t roll...

Tomlin took control of that Defense and called schemes...

I am betting Tomlin has one more year to at least get to the AFC Championship. Anything less and Rooney will pull the trigger. I also think they already have their next head coach in Munchak waiting in the wings why else would he pass up an offer to head coach somewhere else? The players love Munch so there wouldn’t be a ton of controversy and it’s in house. Almost betting Rooney had a private conversation with Munch to let him know about future plans if Tomlin can’t get this team close to a ring....

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2018/1/20/16910588/report-shows-why-the-steelers-didnt-part-ways-with-any-defensive-coaches-mike-tomlin-rumors-nfl
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Tomlins Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomlins Defense   Tomlins Defense EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

the last former NFL left guard the Steelers had as a headcoach was Chuck Noll. Mike Munchak played left guard. Tomlins Defense 3135543967

Steelers like to hire 30 something old headcoaches. imo the real reason Munckak stayed they told him they were going to let Haley go.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Tomlins Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomlins Defense   Tomlins Defense EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 5:45 am

If the article is true and Tomlin has run the defense since LeBeau left he should be held accountable.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

Tomlins Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomlins Defense   Tomlins Defense EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 pm

At the least, Tomlin has to allow Butler to run the defense without any interference. That or get a new DC. This to me is so fundamental. Let Tomlin concentrate on being the head coach. He needs to focus, not fokus, on that.

Porter and probably lake got to go with Butler. Like others have said, our OLB’s are not developing. And not being able to find some time for Harrison is puzzling. And maybe I’m wrong but if we were getting pounded up front against the jags I would’ve brought in an extra LB and left one safety deep.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tomlins Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomlins Defense   Tomlins Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomlins Defense
Page 1 of 1