Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDavid Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger

Go down 
+4
effyou515
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger Empty
PostSubject: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Is Ben Roethlisberger over the hill?

The Steelers’ quarterback has come down on both sides of that question over the past year, but NFL.com’s David Carr seems pretty confident that the 36-year-old’s teammates are carrying him at this point in his career.

The former NFL signal-caller — best known as the Houston Texans’ first-ever draft pick back in 2002 — produced his list of the league’s top 10 quarterbacks over the weekend, and Roethlisberger surprisingly wasn’t on it despite his pair of Super Bowl wins. The reason?

Yes, he's a future Hall of Famer and there's no doubt he can still help the Steelers. But he has the most talented skill players in the league on his unit, and that pair — Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell — makes him look great 14 seasons in. I don't think Big Ben could win a ton of games without them at this stage in his career.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/06/25/ben-roethlisberger-steelers-nfl-quarterback-rankings-david-carr-jimmy-garoppolo/stories/201806250114
------------------------------

David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger 2893009358

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 1:35 am

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Ben makes the guys around him better. That much has been evidenced when Landry Jones has had to step up as the backup and the offensive production is nowhere near what it is with Ben under center.

Ben seriously doesn't get enough credit for what he does. Look at the NFL Top 100 Players of 2018 list. I believe Ben came in at #18. Yet they have Carson Wentz at #3 which is just ridiculous considering he didn't play the entire season, and he has nowhere near the years of success under his belt that Ben does.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that a 1st Round bust would make such a stupid statement about a guy that's going to be a First Ballot Hall of Famer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Guess I shouldn't be surprised that a 1st Round bust would make such a stupid statement about a guy that's going to be a First Ballot Hall of Famer.

/thread

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 9:08 am

Almost like Leon Spinks saying Ali couldn't punch.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 7:51 am

solardave wrote:

Yeah pretty stupid trying to call out the greatest like that. Ali didn't have the power guys like Foreman or Frazier had, he was definitely more of a technician, but that didn't mean he couldn't throw a real good one, especially when some dummy goes and trash talks like that. Spinks did manage to surprise him in that first matchup though, so I have to give him credit for that.

Got a favorite match Dave? I think my all-time favorite boxing match has to be Gatti vs. Ward I.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 1:05 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Yeah pretty stupid trying to call out the greatest like that. Ali didn't have the power guys like Foreman or Frazier had, he was definitely more of a technician, but that didn't mean he couldn't throw a real good one, especially when some dummy goes and trash talks like that. Spinks did manage to surprise him in that first matchup though, so I have to give him credit for that.

Got a favorite match Dave? I think my all-time favorite boxing match has to be Gatti vs. Ward I.

I'm a big Sugar Ray Leonard. fan. My cousin who had Cerebral Palsy wrote him a fan letter that impressed him enough that Ray showed up at his house and gave him the gloves he wore when he won the Gold Medal in the Olympics. I've been a fan ever since.

My favorite was when he beat Hagler.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 5:47 pm

the Jacksonville tho it was a loss Ben had a good game and Ben was putting the ball in tight spaces for AB's catches after Shazier injury the Steelers defense lost all communication which cost the Steelers the win.

David Carr is way off. guess he's trying to be relevant again in the NFL with a hit piece.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 8:22 pm

He will have one or two good years left. But really would love to see him win the big game and ride right off into the sunset.

Crash

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 4:55 am

Philip Rivers at #7. LOL

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 5:57 am

Clickbait. Nothing more.

There are a lot of stupid articles you can read these weeks. You would think that those reporters have time enough right now to write some interesting deep-analyzing articles in which they can fully express their thoughts on some aspects of the game. Nope, most of them use their time on meaningless yellow journalism.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:32 am

Ben simply needs to print this out and hang it in his locker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger   David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger Empty

Back to top Go down

David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger
Page 1 of 1