Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePetition to remove the Patriots* asterisk Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
jak341
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk Empty
PostSubject: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 11:01 am

Can this be removed? It has served its purpose, and looks bad when editing adds more and more asterisks.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 3:41 pm

I love the fact that when I type "Patriots*" an * is added

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 7:28 pm

jak341 wrote:
Can this be removed? It has served its purpose, and looks bad when editing adds more and more asterisks.

When you edit a post, delete the existing asterisk(s) and only one will show up when you hit send.

But if you hate the asterisk even if there's just one, it's something we can discuss. Lets see what everyone else has to say. Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 2:41 am

I personally like it. The Patriots* should always and forever have an asterisk associated with their name as they cheated their way to multiple championships in the 2000s. I vote no.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 am

The Patriots* cheated us out of at least one Super Bowl. Here's why I, like Iowa, will always associate an asterisk with the Patriots* ...

Quote :

From the Sept. 2015 "Outside the Lines" report:

... Inside a room accessible only to Belichick and a few others, they found a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons. Among them were handwritten diagrams of the defensive signals of the Pittsburgh Steelers, including the notes used in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game won by the Patriots* 24-17.

"Oh, they knew," former Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said of the Patriots* after Spygate broke. "They were calling our stuff out. They knew, especially that first championship game here at Heinz Field [in 2002]. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/from-cheating-claims-to-trash-talking-steelers-Patriots*-rivalry-full-of-bad-blood

After that chamionship loss, I sat in disbelief as I watched the postgame interviews. Ward said something that stuck with me. I've searched for the quote over the years but have never been able to find it anywhere, so the following is a close paraphrase of what he said. Remember, this was before spygate broke ...

They knew everything we were doing. It's almost like they were in the huddle with us.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:42 pm

Remove the asterisk... Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 2625562446 Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 2672159185 Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 929792854 Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 568088689 Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 2306309830 Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 124247948

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 10:13 am

So Va is clearly undecided.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 1:06 pm

I clearly overplayed my hand in this one. I was expecting the masses to rise up and rebel over the *.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 pm

jak341 wrote:
I clearly overplayed my hand in this one. I was expecting the masses to rise up and rebel over the *.

We're far too old and lazy for any kind of rebellion. Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk Request-Denied-Sign
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 3:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk Request-Denied-Sign

Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk Giphy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk   Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk Empty

Back to top Go down

Petition to remove the Patriots* asterisk
Page 1 of 1