Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRemoving antivirus safely Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Removing antivirus safely

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Removing antivirus safely Empty
PostSubject: Removing antivirus safely   Removing antivirus safely EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 9:50 am

Right now I have the paid AVG antivirus. I called their customer support this morning because it showed I was downgraded to the free version 8 months early. The tech told me the problem was that I have 3 other anti virus programs on my computer.AVG (which I will keep) McAfee,malwarebytes and some spyware tool. They don't show up in my computer "uninstall" folder. I remember reading somewhere that even when you "uninstall" these that parts or all of them remain hidden. I found a couple tools to remove McAfee and malwarebytes but I don't know if they're safe to download. I don't want to open up a can of worms by adding more invasive crap to my hard drive.
Can anyone offer any suggestions? Any help will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Removing antivirus safely   Removing antivirus safely EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 5:38 pm

I used to go to cybertechhelp.com for PC issues. It's a helpful tech community that has very strong moderators who keep you on the right track. And it's free. Most of their posts were related to virus/antivirus issues.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Removing antivirus safely   Removing antivirus safely EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 6:13 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
I used to go to cybertechhelp.com for PC issues. It's a helpful tech community that has very strong moderators who keep you on the right track. And it's free. Most of their  posts were related to virus/antivirus issues.

Thanks I'll check it out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Removing antivirus safely   Removing antivirus safely EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 4:21 am

Thanks again KR. A guy named Murf helped me solve my problem.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Removing antivirus safely   Removing antivirus safely EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 9:50 am

That's awesome! It's been a while since I've been on their site, but they are very helpful in almost all computing issues. Glad they were able to get you back in the game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing antivirus safely   Removing antivirus safely Empty

Back to top Go down

Removing antivirus safely
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Xtreme Xtras :: Odds and Ends-
Jump to: