Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home One game is not a season Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

One game is not a season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

One game is not a season Empty
PostSubject: One game is not a season    One game is not a season EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:09 pm

by Bob Smizik

What happened in Baltimore yesterday reminded me of what happened 10 years ago at another Steelers opener.

It was Sept. 9, 2001. Around 8 p.m. that night, as we packed our work gear and left Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville, I said something like this my Post-Gazette colleagues:

``I can’t believe we’re going to have to sit through 15 more weeks of this garbage.‘’

That comment was made as a result of a 21-3 loss the Steelers had just taken from the Jacksonville Jaguars. It was an absolutely awful performance and gave the Steelers a 22-27 record since the start of the 1998 season.

Bleak doesn’t begin to describe what the Steelers future appeared to be.

And then they won 13 of their next 15 games.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/30062-one-game-is-not-a-season

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: One game is not a season    One game is not a season EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 pm

I know this is right, but man what a coughed-up hairball of a game that was! No real positives to take from it other than the hope that it kicks the team in the ass and wakes them up early. Time to quit fucking around fellas!  One game is not a season 3327560342

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: One game is not a season    One game is not a season EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 pm

While it stings to lose to the ratbirds in this type of fashion, this game won't mean a thing when the Steelers come out and rattle off a few more victories, and the ratbirds will give away a few games.

They'll be in their normal position, looking up at us.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION  One game is not a season 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: One game is not a season    One game is not a season EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:10 am

stlrtruck wrote:
While it stings to lose to the ratbirds in this type of fashion, this game won't mean a thing when the Steelers come out and rattle off a few more victories, and the ratbirds will give away a few games.

They'll be in their normal position, looking up at us

I thought they usually took it more doggy style, not missionary.

"He who laughs last, laughs hardest". I would LOVE to go into Baltimore in the playoffs and beat them and then this game will be but a memory and the  One game is not a season 2967646000 will be right back on their back

PostSubject: Re: One game is not a season    One game is not a season Empty

Back to top Go down

One game is not a season
Page 1 of 1