Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” Empty
PostSubject: Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”   Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 14

The Ravens put a serious beating on the Steelers Sunday, but when they returned to work today, the players in Pittsburgh wanted to let everyone know they’re not going to overreact to a bad Week One.

“It’s one game,” Steelers receiver Hines Ward said. “It’s one game. It’s not the Super Bowl. It’s one game. We have to move on. They outplayed us. We turned the ball over. You turn the ball over seven times? Tell me what team can turn the ball over seven times and win the game.”

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was responsible for five of the seven turnovers Ward mentioned, with three interceptions and two lost fumbles. But Roethlisberger, like Ward, said there’s no reason to be alarmed.

“There is no panic coming from this group,” Roethlisberger said. “We know that we had a bad day. I hate to take anything away from Baltimore, but we had a bad day. We didn’t play well. I particularly didn’t play well at all. Of course it’s frustrating because the week leading up to the game I felt better than I’ve ever felt. I felt good out there, felt real comfortable, but it just didn’t come together, didn’t play well. I think we’re all entitled to a bad game now and then and we just move on.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/14/hines-ward-on-ravens-loss-its-one-game-not-the-super-bowl/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”   Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:29 pm

I have to disagree a little here with both Hines and Ben.

Hines said:
Quote :
"We turned the ball over. You turn the ball over seven times? Tell me what team can turn the ball over seven times and win the game.”

It's too simplistic to just say they lost because they turned the ball over. Other than Moore's fumble, they didn't have "shit happens" turnovers. There were reasons why they were turning the ball over. It wasn't about bad luck or bad bounces, it was bad play calling and bad execution. And the offense turning the ball over doesn't account for the defense's poor play.

And then Ben said:
Quote :
"I felt better than I’ve ever felt. I felt good out there, felt real comfortable, but it just didn’t come together, didn’t play well."
Ben might say that he felt comfortable out there, but he sure didn't look comfortable. He looked like a deer in headlights. We've seen him take a lot of hits during games, but this one seemed different. It's almost like he was .... dare I say it? ... scared.

I know they probably have to say these kind of things, but I hope they don't really believe it. More importantly, I hope the coaches don't believe it. We have issues that need addressed, and luckily we're playing Seattle next week and not the Patriots. They've got time to figure it out.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”   Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:18 am

The game is over, and I am officially putting to rest any further talk about this game. Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” 1704048833 Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” 1283067935 The focus is now onto beating the Seahags.

This one vs. Petey C is personal since I am an Irish fan.
Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” 917709934

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”   Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
The game is over, and I am officially putting to rest any further talk about this game. Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” 1704048833 Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” 1283067935 [font=Comic Sans Ms] The focus is now onto beating the Seahags.
I can understand players focusing on the next game and not dwelling on the previous game, but do you think focusing on the previous game is going to affect your posting performance or something? Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” 3798349058

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”   Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:49 am

I'm taking medication for my performance...
Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” Lolcat-funny-picture-found-pills-ate-eat

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”   Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:50 am

But on a more serious note, I read what Hines SAID but I think the first few possessions will be a huge statement about how the next few weeks are going to go. If we again come out flat (AT HOME), we might be in a world of trouble.

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”   Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl” Empty

Back to top Go down

Hines Ward on Ravens loss: “It’s one game, not the Super Bowl”
Page 1 of 1