Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDarnold to the Panthers.  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Darnold to the Panthers.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Darnold to the Panthers.  Empty
PostSubject: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 4:30 pm

A 6th this year, and a 2nd and 4th next year. Steep for what Darnold is.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31199202/new-york-jets-trade-qb-sam-darnold-carolina-panthers-3-draft-picks

effyou515 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 12:41 am

Agree. I was delighted he wasn't going to the Steelers.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 3:55 am

holy bat shit batman ! ...thats way to much. a 6th and a 4th shoulda been more than enough.

kirklandrules and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 am

Of course, I will acknowledge that if Darnold turns out to be a pro bowl QB, I'll eat my words and say he was a steal.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 3:39 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
holy bat shit batman ! ...thats way to much. a 6th and a 4th shoulda been more than enough.

I suspect had the Panthers held out for a little longer those b!tches in NY would have been begging for a 6th and a 4th.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 10:09 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I suspect had the Panthers held out for a little longer those b!tches in NY would have been begging for a 6th and a 4th.
yep...the jets would have eventually just released darnold. Darnold to the Panthers.  2087824411
the 5th year option is a double edge sword. either way you go you could come out looking like a fool.you pick it up and he doesn't look any better you look like a damned idiot...if you decline and he plays better than you could have imagined , now your in a bidding war for him and paying double or more  for that 5th year... Darnold to the Panthers.  1505004552
teddy bridgewater is a 20 million dead cap hit for carolina this year if they cut him.
it will be an interesting QB competition for em.
teddy had his best statistical season this year completing 69.1% . his problem is a lack of TD passes with only 15 TDS to 11 INTs. that and 31 sacks.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 3:00 am

I think Teddy is a good QB. Carolina needs to protect their QB. Throw Darnold under center behind that roughshod o-line and it'll be even worse as the dude is a statue. I think trading for Darnold was silly, they should be more concerned with shoring up their o-line and plugging holes defensively.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 1:09 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think Teddy is a good QB. Carolina needs to protect their QB. Throw Darnold under center behind that roughshod o-line and it'll be even worse as the dude is a statue. I think trading for Darnold was silly, they should be more concerned with shoring up their o-line and plugging holes defensively.
agreed , i dont know why they are in such a hurry to ditch teddy after they just paid him. its almost like he is a scape goat or something. he surely wasn't the worst part of that team. he did pull off a 5-0 when subbing for brees. its almost like being on a good team can make a difference for a QB ... Darnold to the Panthers.  2829330259
kinda like how a good oline can make an average RB look good. Darnold to the Panthers.  3135543967
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darnold to the Panthers.    Darnold to the Panthers.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Darnold to the Panthers.
Page 1 of 1