Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles

Go down 
+2
solardave
effyou515
6 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 1:43 am

https://triblive.com/sports/brotherly-love-lacking-for-steelers-whenever-they-venture-to-philadelphia-to-face-eagles/

Quote :
The last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a game in Philadelphia, Lyndon Johnson was president, the song that topped the music charts was “Yesterday” by the Beatles, and the United States was still almost four years away from putting a man on the moon.

I don't see the Steelers going into Philadelphia and winning this game.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 4:31 am

I don't we can win this one either but this would be the game we win just to give us all FALSE hope,thinking this team is not that bad when in reality we are.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 6:54 am

One week the Steelers look like "It wasn't close to being a perfect game Steelers do have some talent on the team."

Then next week "What happen to last weeks team?" Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 12:12 pm

"Yesterdayyyyyyy.....all my troubles seemed so far awayyyyyy....."

Maybe we can exhume LBJ.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 1:53 pm

I'm starting to think Najee is Trent Richardson 2.0 this guy just doesn't see openings and runs right into piles.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 2:05 pm

DB's have given up 3 long TD passes. Never going to beat anyone doing that.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 2:12 pm

And NOW we don't throw the challenge flag. WTF?
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 4:01 pm

They really need to get the fuck rid of Canada. 3 targets for your best offensive weapon Pickens? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 9:26 pm

Lol some of you seem surprised this God awful team got steam rolled by a 6-0 (now 7-0) team? There is a clear difference 8n caliber of play, coaching, scheming, adjustments and all the way around.

Mike Tomlin... living in his fears...Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles 3562723908
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 3:48 am

They should fire Canada,Meyer and then they can start the rebuild. Yeah I said rebuild but that's from a coaching view.
As far as players the one that stands out is Bush. I don't think it's in our best interest to resign him. I think we need CBs who know how to MUG WRs without drawing a flag just like the Eagles do. It may cost them some  up front in "look the other way" or "oh look a squirrel" money.
There is so much to be said . If I was GM I'd:
Fire Canada today.
Put Pat Meyer on notice. Either clean up these penalties or else. Teach the oline that your initial contact is the GUY RIGHT IN FRONT YOU because you will be called for ineligible man down field + your guy...your responsibility, is past you and your QB is now running for his life.
Bench Najee for Jaylon. We need a straight forward,grind it out runner. Not one auditioning for DANCING withe the STARS.
As much as I think Pickett is our starter going forward I feel the opposite when it comes to Najee. Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from the Lisfranc injury. If so let Warren carry the rock @#1 for the balance of this miserable season. Then next camp him and Najee can compete.
But I'm not a GM and so I have to rely on history and the Steelers don't demote their #1 pick or fire coaches mid season.
I think we'll beat the Saints and the Panthers when we play them but I'm saying to me we look like a 4-13 team right now.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 4:54 pm

I don't know about the Saints after how their defense played against the Raiders.

Carolina is awful but we're not very good either.

Jaylen IS outplaying Najee. Sad to say because I've always liked Najee but the tape doesn't lie.

They are starting to get Najee the ball in space finally, so he's starting to make some plays. About time.

The O Line was so bad, Kenny didn't have time to throw downfield. Very sad.

Defense plays without heart.

This team needs to wake the F up over the bye week. I don't care that the Eagles are 7-0, I care about lack of effort and discipline. Everything Kenny said in the post-game interview. Good for him, he's got heart and playing hard. Too bad the players around him aren't.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 9:32 pm

It's a crap team from top to bottom. You can cover that turd in candy sprinkles but it don't change the fact that it's a turd...

HARRIS WAS A WASTED PICK. He has no oline to run behind. I said it last year when they picked him and Friermuth that they both were wasted picks considering what happened with a majority of the Oline leaving and it's shown up. Could have had Creed Humphrey at Center and a 2nd round true Guard next to him and a 3rd round tackle.... could have had something to build from. Nope not Tomlin... lol his drafting has set us back years
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 10:21 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
It's a crap team from top to bottom. You can cover that turd in candy sprinkles but it don't change the fact that it's a turd...

HARRIS WAS A WASTED PICK. He has no oline to run behind. I said it last year when they picked him and Friermuth that they both were wasted picks considering what happened with a majority of the Oline leaving and it's shown up. Could have had Creed Humphrey  at Center and a 2nd round true Guard next to him and a 3rd round tackle.... could have had something to build from. Nope not Tomlin... lol his drafting has set us back years
This is where I hate to agree with you but its looking like you were right.

They also could have spent $40 on the O-line in the off-season like I suggested but they didn't do that either.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 10:01 am

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

HARRIS WAS A WASTED PICK. He has no oline to run behind. I said it last year when they picked him and Friermuth that they both were wasted picks considering what happened with a majority of the Oline leaving and it's shown up. Could have had Creed Humphrey  at Center and a 2nd round true Guard next to him and a 3rd round tackle.... could have had something to build from. Nope not Tomlin... lol his drafting has set us back years
This is where I hate to agree with you but its looking like you were right.

They also could have spent $40 on the O-line in the off-season like I suggested but they didn't do that either.

Don't get me wrong GR I wanted to be wrong but the Steelers entire philosophy is to be able to run the ball and that requires top notch linemen, not bargain barrel guys (Okorafor, Cole, Moore) or project players like (Green). They went cheap across the board except for Daniels and it shows. The Oline is the one area where you really can hide deficiencies because it is so integral every time you have the ball.

Tomlin fucked up royally last year with his first 4 picks and continued that trend this year. The Oline has 1 decent player Danels the rest are complete dog shit. Top it off with sub par poor coaching and Canada's inability to call a game at the NFL level and you simply get what we have... a giant pile of steaming dog shit. That is 100% all on Mike Tomlin.

You can't base your entire philosophy on running the football effectively and try to utilize backups as starters and think you can get away with it in the NFL. Tomlin got cute and it's going to cost this team for years and years to come. It is going to ruin Kenny Pickett like I said. The kid is running for his life and throwing picks left and right and he has been set up for complete failure. That is 100% Mike Tomlins fault.

All Kenny Pickett is going to learn is fear this year just like what happened to Josh Rosen in Arizona a few years back and a lot of other QBs with zero protection. Run try to make something happen INTERCEPTION or Incomplete passes... his confidence will begin to waiver and his decision making will begin to flounder. I have seen it way way too often when good QBs get behind a shitty Oline...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 11:04 am

Another factor was the $$ tied up in Big Ben the last few years. I said it before and I wasn't the only one - him staying, and locking up salary would hurt us for years to come, not being able to acquire who we needed, and keep key elements that we needed. Hargrave being a perfect example of that.

Now we are paying dearly for our loyalty to BB.

Years ago (2010-2012) we committed to the line - picked up Pouncey. Decastro. Gilbert. They anchored our line for years, and we had success as a result. Not a single pick in the first two rounds in 10 years now. And it shows. It took 3 years to acquire these guys and build that line. In 3 years, Najee and Muth will be past their rookie contracts and Kenny will be near the end of his.

It needs to happen faster. Trade not One, but Two players (we all know Claypool is on the block), get three good linemen this upcoming draft. THREE. Other areas are in need too, but the line HAS to be fixed, and now.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 2:07 am

Great Randino wrote:
And NOW we don't throw the challenge flag.  WTF?

I gotta say I couldn't believe they didn't challenge that. Tomlin throws challenge flags at the dumbest times, and then when he has a rock solid challenge right in front of him that he'd of likely won he just stands there. Man that had me pissed watching that.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 6:41 am

This game pissed me off more than the Bills ass whoopin'. Our WRs were getting mugged and crickets not only from the officials but even Romo ignored the penalties. I've come to the conclusion that Tomlin is not very good at game management. Like you said Iowa he challenges calls they got right and doesn't throw the red flag when he should. He constantly let's time elapse before calling a timeout. Since it's obvious that they're not going to fire Canada why can't Tomlin at least let someone call plays even if it's a shared situation.
I guess they've already decided this year is a bust and will "consider" firing Canada after the losing season. I also think we need a new Oline coach. Meyer should at least be able to teach fundamentals like blocking at the point of attack and moving on to the second level instead of the opposite and if these guys are unteachable experiment with backups who want to show they belong here. Hell at this point I say experiment on both sides of the ball. It's not like we're going to make the playoffs and even if a miracle happened we probably shouldn't even show up.
Warren is better right now than Harris. I'm not saying he's the long term answer but right now he is at least the short term answer. I think Warren can make teams respect the run enough to open up passing lanes.
Tomlin either needs to change his philosophy or leave. THE ONLY STANDARD THIS TEAM HAS IS to stay the course and BAFFLE THEM WITH BULLSHIT. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of hearing about the standard and now the new catch phrase is "we need to keep a lid on it". A lid on what?
I'm rambling so I'll shut up now.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 6:41 pm

They need to keep a lid on how shitty the team is because of the complete and total incompetence of the Coaching staff... anyone still riding Tomlins nuts after the last 4 seasons has got to be seriously high on some good drugs.

Shalieve5090 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 7:33 pm

Fuckin tomlin once again says no changes will happen over the bye week, why does this fucking organization expect things to all of the sudden get better without change? Absolutely astounding. Between being a steelers fan and a yankee fan idk whats worse. Both keep doing the same stupid shit over and over again and expect different results

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles   Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles Empty

Back to top Go down

Brotherly love lacking for Steelers whenever they venture to Philadelphia to face Eagles
Page 1 of 1