Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSaints @ Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Saints @ Steelers

Go down 
+2
solardave
Great Randino
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 11:58 am

Madden nails it this week.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-nervous-sloppy-unsure-kenny-pickett-isnt-ready-to-be-steelers-starting-qb/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 1:01 pm

He's definitely missing some throws. But in my opinion, need to play him and commit to him. Very few rookie QB's are good out of the box. Just look across the league. Its hard to name one that was a star as a rookie.
Mahomes wasn't (backup)
Allen wasn't
Daniel Jones wasn't (Giants fans wanted him gone his first several years)
Murray wasn't
Fields wasn't (look what he's doing now)
Tua wasn't

Just.
Play.
Him.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 1:51 pm

Great Randino wrote:
D looked completely different with Watt in.  Amazing difference.

Maybe the other D players / coaches could be donating a % of their brand to the "T.J. Watt Performance Enhancement Foundation" Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 1557163439 Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 6:53 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
D looked completely different with Watt in.  Amazing difference.

Maybe the other D players / coaches could be donating a % of their brand to the "T.J. Watt Performance Enhancement Foundation" Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 1557163439 Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 1797695198  
Eff'n A my friend - Eff'n A.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 5:54 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Madden nails it this week.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-nervous-sloppy-unsure-kenny-pickett-isnt-ready-to-be-steelers-starting-qb/

Gonna have to disagree here. Kenny Pickett has been sacked something like 11 times in the past two games alone. Justin Herbert has been sacked something like 10 times all season. He's a rookie, being asked to start at the most difficult position in the NFL. He didn't start off the season as the starter either and didn't have the benefit of an offseason where he was the presumed starter losing valuable snaps to Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph (at first).

The kid needs time and fans need to be patient. We also just traded away Claypool who despite his lack of explosive production was an experienced player in our system and the offense is different now than it was a couple of weeks ago. Are we making the playoffs this season? Probably not. I look at this season as a learning experience for Kenny Pickett and an opportunity to gain some valuable experience going into next season where we are much more flush with draft picks than we have been in previous years. Kenny has shown some flashes and poise at times this season that show the kid is capable to playing at a high level. Let's get him an offensive line that can give him time to make plays. Let's continue to add talent to our already talented defense. The wins will come.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 9:43 am

It was a win against a garbage team. Pickett did very little to impress made a lot of terrible decisions and his passing was not very accurate.

The run game was ok but the Saints defense was missing a lot of starters in the front 7.

When they start beating some teams with winning records I will get a little more excited. They still continue to struggle moving the ball well. The Saints helped them out tremendously with penalties at key times that kept Steeler drives going.

Mediocre football against subpar teams doesn't get me excited.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 1:26 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
It was a win against a garbage team. Pickett did very little to impress made a lot of terrible decisions and his passing was not very accurate.

The run game was ok but the Saints defense was missing a lot of starters in the front 7.

When they start beating some teams with winning records I will get a little more excited. They still continue to struggle moving the ball well. The Saints helped them out tremendously with penalties at key times that kept Steeler drives going.

Mediocre football against subpar teams doesn't get me excited.

Agreed. Need a big win against cincy this week. But with this low scoring matt Canada offense idk if that'll happen
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 5:30 pm

I will say this, though....two of our three wins were against decidedly not garbage teams. Cincy and Tampa certainly aren't the cream of the NFL crop, but they are both playoff contenders.

About Kenny....

I agree with Iowa. I won't continue to beat the dead horse (okay maybe I will) but very few rookie QB's are great right out of the box. There's just too much information to absorb in a short amount of time.

Keep building around Kenny. With draft picks, pick up a couple excellent linemen and perhaps a hog nasty defensive player to help Watt and the crew.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 2:26 am

Great Randino wrote:
I will say this, though....two of our three wins were against decidedly not garbage teams.  Cincy and Tampa certainly aren't the cream of the NFL crop, but they are both playoff contenders.

About Kenny....

I agree with Iowa.  I won't continue to beat the dead horse (okay maybe I will) but very few rookie QB's are great right out of the box.  There's just too much information to absorb in a short amount of time.

Keep building around Kenny.  With draft picks, pick up a couple excellent linemen and perhaps a hog nasty defensive player to help Watt and the crew.

I mean look at Jalen Hurts, and Justin Fields. Not impressive as rookies, but as they've gained time and experience they're starting to play much better. Hurts in particular. He was kind of in the same boat as Tua Tagovailoa coming into this season with everyone doubting him, but nobody is doubting him now. Tua is another prime example of how being patient, and building the team around a player can lead to success.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 1:02 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
I will say this, though....two of our three wins were against decidedly not garbage teams.  Cincy and Tampa certainly aren't the cream of the NFL crop, but they are both playoff contenders.

About Kenny....

I agree with Iowa.  I won't continue to beat the dead horse (okay maybe I will) but very few rookie QB's are great right out of the box.  There's just too much information to absorb in a short amount of time.

Keep building around Kenny.  With draft picks, pick up a couple excellent linemen and perhaps a hog nasty defensive player to help Watt and the crew.

I mean look at Jalen Hurts, and Justin Fields. Not impressive as rookies, but as they've gained time and experience they're starting to play much better. Hurts in particular. He was kind of in the same boat as Tua Tagovailoa coming into this season with everyone doubting him, but nobody is doubting him now. Tua is another prime example of how being patient, and building the team around a player can lead to success.
Excellent point. SO many people talking about Fields, Hurts, Tua like they're busts, get rid of them, they suck. Now see what they are doing. The NFL is a different animal - it takes time to make the adjustments. Those three QB's are examples of that.

A big example: Daniel Jones. Giants fans have been screaming for several years to get rid of him. Now he's finally coming around.

If you are constantly drafting QB's in the first round, you are NOT getting your next franchise QB. You are, instead, Cleveland.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 3:45 am

Subpar OC. Subpar Oline. Rookie QB.An up and down defense that stays on the field too long. What could go wrong?

I feel like a lot of the Oline issues fall right at the feet of Pat Meyer. I could be wrong but it seems to me almost all of the line has little to no technique. I'm not a coach for sure and may very well be full of shit but I do know he who has leverage wins. These guys come out of their stance high and just get pushed back every play. I have seen Chuks out in space after basically chipping an interior lineman. That's almost forgivable except now he's out there missing blocks at the second level. It's embarrassing to watch. I feel like that's something Meyer is not addressing.

Canada called a descent game against a wounded Saints defense and it managed 20 points. We are averaging 15.5 PPG. This stat says it all.

I think Kenny will be our starter for years to come and he may even become HOF material. Hey there are quite a few HOF QBs who didn't fair well as Rookies. Peyton Manning threw 26 TDs and 28 Ints.
Ben spoiled us all his first season and it would be really unfair to hold Kenny to that "STANDARD".
I've gotten to where I hate that word.

I said it before and I'll say it again. When one key player goes down and your defense can't find their way there is a serious problem with the "next man up" concept. I know TJ is the DPOY and he is in a different zone losing him for an extended time shouldn't mean we now can't stop the run or cover WRs.
I've decided to look at this season as an extended pre-season because that's what we look like this year. Like the second pre-season game where the starters play more snaps to get in a rhythm.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 9:58 am

the standard is the standard, just watered down like the rest of the country.

And once again the truth is found

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 2:25 am

effyou515 wrote:
the standard is the standard, just watered down like the rest of the country.

So....you're saying the Steelers need to "BUILD BACK BETTER"? Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

effyou515 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints @ Steelers   Saints @ Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saints @ Steelers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2