Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home2023/24 Projections Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2023/24 Projections

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

2023/24 Projections Empty
PostSubject: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 11:44 am

10-7 Wild Cardplayoff birth one win in post season. They lose in the semi-finals against one of the more established teams but get back into the AFC talk about best in the group.

Things that must happen:
Offense

1. Continue to establish and dominate with the run. When we run effectively it opens up all kinds of things passing and PA wise draws up that extra defender in the box and leaves spots open for attack.

2. Canada takes the handcuffs off Pickett and the play book.

3. Pickett must make the leap and leave no doubt he is the guy. He has to be able to audible out of plays or call for PA or hot routes when he sees something the defenses are giving him and the staff have to encourage him to do so. He has to be able to utilize all of the weapons they have surrounded him with.

4. Canada needs to scheme plays with his weapons in mind. You have a bunch of tall receivers 6'4" and TEs 6'5" to 6'7" use the height advantage! Especially in the red zone!

Defense:

1. Stop the run. Here's to hoping the new kid balls out at NT and we are able to stuff the run without having to stack the box. We do that this team is a beast on D.

2. Trust the picks. You snagged Porter and he is an elite athlete use him as intended he is a 1v1 physical CB don't ask him to play a lot of zone! Same thing with Trice!

3. Utilize Golden to spell TJ and Highsmith. You went out and got a good backup make sure he is used to keep TJ and Highsmith fresh throughout the season.

The only area that I think we did not address well was ILB Holcomb and Roberts could ball out and prove me wrong and I am hoping for that. Holcomb was solid before his foot injury and Roberts has run stuffing capabilities.

Over all I think Khan and Weidle did a tremendous job addressing the needs of the team. If things pan out draft wise the team could be set up for years to come with quality young players. His use of FA and picking up key peices is hopefully help take this team to the next level and back to winning post season games and shots at another SB.

This year 1 win in the playoffs and I consider it a great year for the team. 2 wins in the playoffs would be outstanding but it's a really young team and I think it will need 1 more year of growth to expect that much.

vasteeler, solardave, IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 2:09 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
10-7 Wild Cardplayoff birth one win in post season.  They lose in the semi-finals against one of the more established teams but get back into the AFC talk about best in the group.

Things that must happen:
Offense

1. Continue to establish and dominate with the run. When we run effectively it opens up all kinds of things passing and PA wise draws up that extra defender in the box and leaves spots open for attack.

2. Canada takes the handcuffs off Pickett and the play book.

3. Pickett must make the leap and leave no doubt he is the guy. He has to be able to audible out of plays or call for PA or hot routes when he sees something the defenses are giving him and the staff have to encourage him to do so. He has to be able to utilize all of the weapons they have surrounded him with.

4. Canada needs to scheme plays with his weapons in mind. You have a bunch of tall receivers 6'4" and TEs 6'5" to 6'7" use the height advantage! Especially in the red zone!

Defense:

1. Stop the run. Here's to hoping the new kid balls out at NT and we are able to stuff the run without having to stack the box. We do that this team is a beast on D.

2. Trust the picks. You snagged Porter and he is an elite athlete use him as intended he is a 1v1 physical CB don't ask him to play a lot of zone! Same thing with Trice!

3. Utilize Golden to spell TJ and Highsmith. You went out and got a good backup make sure he is used to keep TJ and Highsmith fresh throughout the season.

The only area that I think we did not address well was ILB Holcomb and Roberts could ball out and prove me wrong and I am hoping for that. Holcomb was solid before his foot injury and Roberts has run stuffing capabilities.

Over all I think Khan and Weidle did a tremendous job addressing the needs of the team. If things pan out draft wise the team could be set up for years to come with quality young players. His use of FA and picking up key peices is hopefully help take this team to the next level and back to winning post season games and shots at another SB.

This year 1 win in the playoffs and I consider it a great year for the team. 2 wins in the playoffs would be outstanding but it's a really young team and I think it will need 1 more year of growth to expect that much.

I saw where Ryan Shazier compared Roberts to Vince Williams. He called him a thumper and that's good but what if he's also a liability on passing downs? We shall see.Then there is Herbig??????? I see your point there. This looks like our weakest spot right now. However if Fehoko can plug the middle I like our chances with these guys. I believe we see 2 new starters at CB JP-JR and Peterson but I'm not counting Trice out. Tomlin has had PP line up in the slot at OTAs.
All in all it's gonna be fun watching this team come together.
I like that the so called experts have us middle of the pack at best. Behind Cleveland when EVERYONE knows they can screw up a 1 car funeral. 2023/24 Projections 1797695198
I got tickets to the preseason game in Tampa and my Son is going with me. It's only preseason but it will be one of the best simply because we're there together. 2023/24 Projections 1647293567

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 5:39 am

solardave wrote:

I saw where Ryan Shazier compared Roberts to Vince Williams. He called him a thumper and that's good but what if he's also a liability on passing downs? We shall see.Then there is Herbig??????? I see your point there. This looks like our weakest spot right now. However if Fehoko can plug the middle I like our chances with these guys. I believe we see 2 new starters at CB JP-JR and Peterson but I'm not counting Trice out. Tomlin has had PP line up in the slot at OTAs.
All in all it's gonna be fun watching this team come together.
I like that the so called experts have us middle of the pack at best. Behind Cleveland when EVERYONE knows they can screw up a 1 car funeral. 2023/24 Projections 1797695198
I got tickets to the preseason game in Tampa and my Son is going with me. It's only preseason but it will be one of the best simply because we're there together. 2023/24 Projections 1647293567

That's awesome! Enjoy it! 2023/24 Projections 3056903510

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 6:37 am

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/08/patrick-peterson-joey-porter-jr-has-the-intangibles-to-be-better-than-me/

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/6/7/23752511/for-steelers-opponents-beware-the-dancing-bear-on-the-defensive-line-keeanu-benton-nfl-news-update

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 10:05 am

I think the team is LOADED. Tomlin and Kahn look to be building a hell of a team. I think it all comes down to Pickett. Does he have a sophomore slump or does he pick up right where he left off. Fun time to be a Steelers fan of you ask me.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 3:05 am

vasteeler wrote:
I think the team is LOADED. Tomlin and Kahn look to be building a hell of a team. I think it all comes down to Pickett. Does he have a sophomore slump or does he pick up right where he left off. Fun time to be a Steelers fan of you ask me.

Yeah Buddy. I can't wait for the season to start. Barring injuries we should be a much improved team over last year. Of course I could be dead wrong and we have another 17 game coronary event 2023/24 Projections 1797695198

vasteeler and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyMon Jun 12, 2023 3:03 pm

Interesting statistics about the Offense and our QBs. We are not to far off from being a contender again if we can fix a few issues.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2023/6/12/23753931/the-one-thing-that-was-holding-the-pittsburgh-steelers-offense-back-the-most-in-2022

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 3:54 am

Great article, I really look forward to next season. Everything seems possible. Our division and the AFC in general is loaded with so many good teams that we can win the division but also could miss the play-offs. I hope our new OL will gel fast. In general rookie LT always need a year to become a quality starter, even a high evaluated one like Penei Sewell. Let's hope this goes a bit faster for Broderick Jones.

It also looks like Tomlin has found a bit of new energy since Khan is the new general manager and Weidl has joined the team. Seems to do him good.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 3:57 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Interesting statistics about the Offense and our QBs. We are not to far off from being a contender again if we can fix a few issues.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2023/6/12/23753931/the-one-thing-that-was-holding-the-pittsburgh-steelers-offense-back-the-most-in-2022

I didn't see any mention of Canada's poor play calling. Looking at the steady improvement KP made last season and the praise from team mates about his leadership IMO gives us reason to believe the arrow is pointing up.

I'd love to see an offense that can hurt opponents instead of ourselves and a defense that can do more than keep us in games.
I want to see a "no mercy" team instead of the "try not to lose" team we've been for awhile now.
Tomlin has the tools now he just needs to UNLEASH HELL. 2023/24 Projections 1647293567

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 6:45 pm

I like reading this!

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/06/larry-ogunjobi-says-rookie-nt-keeanu-benton-will-surprise-a-lot-of-people-in-2023/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 5:14 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I like reading this!

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/06/larry-ogunjobi-says-rookie-nt-keeanu-benton-will-surprise-a-lot-of-people-in-2023/

Can he be Big Snack 2.0? Just a big CLOG in the middle who can also push Olineman back to the QB. 2023/24 Projections 1647293567

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 12:07 am

Agree about the record 10-7 sounds right with a playoff appearance and perhaps a win. KP will look better with a better line, which means he can sit in the pocket a little longer and look downfield. Running game should benefit from the improved line also. Just not confident about our illustrious OC. The players will make him look better but I think we or he may not be able to scheme us past the better defenses in the league. If we had a good OC I would go out on a limb and say we could be the surprise team of the AFC.

Defense should look better, pass and run defense. Hope Watt can stay healthy the whole year.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 5:59 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
Agree about the record 10-7 sounds right with a playoff appearance and perhaps a win. KP will look better with a better line, which means he can sit in the pocket a little longer and look downfield. Running game should benefit from the improved line also. Just not confident about our illustrious OC. The players will make him look better but I think we or he may not be able to scheme us past the better defenses in the league. If we had a good OC I would go out on a limb and say we could be the surprise team of the AFC.

Defense should look better, pass and run defense. Hope Watt can stay healthy the whole year.

I couldn't agree more. We're gonna find out if Canada can adapt. So far he's totally inadequate.I just don't think the guy has what it takes to be an NFL caliber OC.
3 words for Canada....LINE TO GAIN!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 3:19 am

I'm going to sound like a homer here. This rookie class looks to be one of the better ones in awhile. If Porter Jr.,Benton,Jones,Herbig and Washington can contribute at a high level look out. Not to mention FA pickups like A. Robinson.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/steelers_wr_allen_robinson_qb_kenny_pickett_continue_to_build_clear_connection_ahead_of_2023_season/s1_17101_38954708

It's going to be extremely difficult to cover Pickett,DJ,AR & Washington (if he can block) can be like an extra lineman. I haven't even mentioned Calvin Austin III.
Canada just needs to figure out how to get these guys involved early and often.

We appear to have good depth in the interior Dline. One concern is MLB. If those guys are a weak point like last year at least we have not one but two "hole pluggers" in Benton and Fehoku.

vasteeler and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 10:08 am

solardave wrote:
I'm going to sound like a homer here. This rookie class looks to be one of the better ones in awhile. If Porter Jr.,Benton,Jones,Herbig and Washington can contribute at a high level look out. Not to mention FA pickups like A. Robinson.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/steelers_wr_allen_robinson_qb_kenny_pickett_continue_to_build_clear_connection_ahead_of_2023_season/s1_17101_38954708

It's going to be extremely difficult to cover Pickett,DJ,AR & Washington (if he can block) can be like an extra lineman. I haven't even mentioned Calvin Austin III.

We appear to have good depth in the interior Dline. One concern is MLB. If those guys are a weak point like last year at least  we have not one but two "hole pluggers" in Benton and Fehoku.

Psh... I'm the biggest homer there is... Lol
Like I said earlier I think they are building a championship caliber team. I just hope Pickett is who I think he is.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 3:44 am

vasteeler wrote:
solardave wrote:

We appear to have good depth in the interior Dline. One concern is MLB. If those guys are a weak point like last year at least  we have not one but two "hole pluggers" in Benton and Fehoku.

Psh... I'm the biggest homer there is... Lol
Like I said earlier I think they are building a championship caliber team. I just hope Pickett is who I think he is.

One scouting report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10021436-kenny-pickett-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-pittsburgh-qb

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 3:45 am

Projection from WalterFootball:

https://walterfootball.com/offseason2023pit.php

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 4:37 am

Stella Nation wrote:

I'll take a deep playoff run.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 11:04 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I'll take a deep playoff run.

You're not the only one 2023/24 Projections 1f609
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023/24 Projections   2023/24 Projections Empty

Back to top Go down

2023/24 Projections