Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBills at Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bills at Steelers

Go down 
+9
tube517
pczach
Master_Of_Puppets
Mach1
Wallace108
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
solardave
LambertWardSteel
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Bills at Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 8:59 pm

The Kendrick Green experiment needs to come to an end.

vasteeler, Master_Of_Puppets, tube517, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 9:04 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 9:09 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.

In his defense he only played center in college 4 games. I don't know who it was that made the decision to draft him 2 years ago but they really fucked up that 3rd round pick and should own that garbage.

He just can't play center in the NFL. It really wasn't fair to ask him to do so. What a waste.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 9:17 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.

In his defense he only played center in college 4 games. I don't know who it was that made the decision to draft him 2 years ago but they really fucked up that 3rd round pick and should own that garbage.

He just can't play center in the NFL. It really wasn't fair to ask him to do so. What a waste.

Does he have value playing somewhere else on the line?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 9:32 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.

Not really... they put him at Guard last year and he never even dressed. That's why I say it was a wasted 3rd round pick.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 10:44 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.

Bills at Steelers - Page 2 Howaboutno_drEvil-5ae79b4cba617700365c5c97

solardave, pczach and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 4:19 am

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.

FULLBACK Bills at Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

tube517 and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 5:47 am

Great Randino wrote:
Hey Lambert - Herbig is in.  Something must have changed from the original plans...

Nate Herbig OL didn't play as far as I saw, his brother Nick played LB and continues to look really good. This was a really good game. I am really looking forward to this season. Great plays by Freiermuth (and nice KP pass) and Warren. Good to see JPJ get the pick. It should be a good confidence builder. That return by Austin was fantastic and also a really fantastic pick by Sullivan. I think we have a really good 1-2 punch at RB and the LB depth seems incredible. It's all early and preseason but the team looks good and it's fun to see them in action.

Bills at Steelers - Page 2 1948569602

Last edited by LambertWardSteel on Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:53 am; edited 2 times in total

tube517 and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 5:51 am

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.

FULLBACK Bills at Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

Maybe that's it Bills at Steelers - Page 2 2981382511 Green has really had a bad showing in these games.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 6:36 am

I liked what I saw early on.We moved the ball well against there #1s. Maybe...just...maybe Canada will let KP do his thing and actually game plan around what he's good at. Instead of the square peg round hole,fall short of the LTG style we've been seeing from him.
Highsmith is going to be a beast this year. I noticed him dropping back into coverage a couple times and he had a nice pass breakup. Just a solid performance the first 2 series and after that a few of the backups made plays. The one area that concerns me most is QB. I think KP with each game is looking like an NFL starter but after that Mitch looks like a not really good career backup and MR can't move in the pocket AT ALL so....I'm saying we could do better than either one of the backups we have.
I think Connor Heyward is proving it's not nepotism and he belongs on the 53.
So much for random thoughts.Bills at Steelers - Page 2 1647293567

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 7:42 am

solardave wrote:
I liked what I saw early on.We moved the ball well against there #1s. Maybe...just...maybe Canada will let KP do his thing and actually game plan around what he's good at. Instead of the square peg round hole,fall short of the LTG style we've been seeing from him.
Highsmith  is going to be a beast this year. I noticed him dropping back into coverage a couple times and he had a nice pass breakup. Just a solid performance the first 2 series and after that a few of the backups made plays. The one area that concerns me most is QB. I think KP with each game is looking like an NFL starter but after that Mitch looks like a not really good career backup and MR can't move in the pocket AT ALL so....I'm saying we could do better than either one of the backups we have.

Also, I gotta say. Watching the replay of TJ Watt getting triple teamed on that one play makes you realize how amazing and important that guy is. Somebody else better be getting pressure or making a play when he gets that much attention!

He is a one-man wrecking crew.

vasteeler and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
tube517
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 9:09 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Hopefully Mccollum or Anderson or whoever is the backup center, play in the next game. Maybe even the bigger Herbig?

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 10:48 am

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He just can NOT center.

I thinks it's more like "he just can NOT NFL"

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 11:07 am

It's so hard not to get excited for this season. Of course it two preseason games but I like what I see. LOVE what I'm seeing from Herbig!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Wallace108, tube517, pczach, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 11:17 am

vasteeler wrote:
It's so hard not to get excited for this season.  Of course it two preseason games but I like what I see. LOVE what I'm seeing from Herbig!

I'm more optimistic than I've been in a few years. When you voice optimism over what we're seeing, the response is always, "It's preseason." Yeah, yeah, we know. But there are things you want to see in preseason, and we're seeing them.

There's been times I've seen things that looked bad in preseason (poor coverage in the secondary, poor tackling, etc.), and the response was, "Chill, it's preseason. They're running a vanilla defense (or whatever). Then the season starts, and those bad things are still happening.

Preseason or not, a qb unable to see and hit open receivers is bad. A qb throwing darts to his receivers for tds is good. Always.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

vasteeler, solardave, tube517, pczach, Stella Nation, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 11:31 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Hey Lambert - Herbig is in.  Something must have changed from the original plans...

Nate Herbig OL didn't play as far as I saw, his brother Nick played LB and continues to look really good. This was a really good game. I am really looking forward to this season. Great plays by Freiermuth (and nice KP pass) and Warren. Good to see JPJ get the pick. It should be a good confidence builder. That return by Austin was fantastic and also a really fantastic pick by Sullivan. I think we have a really good 1-2 punch at RB and the LB depth seems incredible. It's all early and preseason but the team looks good and it's fun to see them in action.

Bills at Steelers - Page 2 1948569602
Oooo, that's right, there are two of them. Oops.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 12:20 pm

Based on what we’re seeing can I safely say we’ll be better than last year? How much better is hard to determine at this point

Reason to be optimistic; Highsmith, KP, CA, ILB’s, defense as a whole
Reason to be concerned: B Jones (maybe he just needs time), Najee?

Side note: KP needs to have a healthy season

Wallace108, pczach and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 2:23 pm

solardave wrote:
Highsmith  is going to be a beast this year. I noticed him dropping back into coverage a couple times and he had a nice pass breakup. Just a solid performance the first 2 series and after that a few of the backups made plays. The one area that concerns me most is QB. I think KP with each game is looking like an NFL starter but after that Mitch looks like a not really good career backup and MR can't move in the pocket AT ALL so....I'm saying we could do better than either one of the backups we have.

Great thoughts Bills at Steelers - Page 2 230572241 I agree on Conner Heyward, we saw glimpses last year but he is really looking like he can play. it can only be beneficial his brother is the player he is and can guide him as a teammate. Also agree on Highsmith...the LBs they've put together are looking like a real team strength. I think Calvin Austin is really looking good too. I like the idea of defenses trying to cover him, Pickens, Johnson, then Muth and possibly Washington, with Harris or Warren coming out of the backfield.

I wanted to get to the game last night but I didn't have the time to drive out. It would have been good to see the Franco tribute. I'm going to really miss seeing him pop up here and there during our seasons.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 2:57 pm

Any of you guys going to the home opener vs SF?
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 12:23 am

Great Randino wrote:
Any of you guys going to the home opener vs SF?

I am not but usually get to one game a year. It would be really cool to meet up with members of this forum at a game Bills at Steelers - Page 2 184121345

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 11:38 pm

Well I got tickets for my son and I so we are going on the 10th! Would love to meet up with some Xtremers if possible!

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 3:06 am

Great Randino wrote:
Well I got tickets for my son and I so we are going on the 10th!  Would love to meet up with some Xtremers if possible!

My son and I went to the Tampa Bay game 2 weeks ago and I wore my Xtreme shirt hoping someone might spot me from here.
I know you'll have a great time GR.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:00 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Understatement. Sick of watching that guy get bullied around like he's on roller skates. He can't snap and he can't block. Kind of the two most important parts of being an an offensive lineman in the NFL.

tube517, pczach and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 9:47 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Understatement. Sick of watching that guy get bullied around like he's on roller skates. He can't snap and he can't block. Kind of the two most important parts of being an an offensive lineman in the NFL.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel! Bills at Steelers - Page 2 3562723908

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
mojouw
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 10:44 am

I will add a strong statement in support of let's give Kendrick Green the old heave-ho off the roster.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bills at Steelers   Bills at Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bills at Steelers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next