Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSan Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread

Go down 
+12
Mach1
Steeler-in-west
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
solardave
pczach
Wallace108
vasteeler
IowaSteeler927
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 8:36 pm

Expected result. It will remain the same until Tomlin is fired.

Mach1 and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 9:44 pm

Giants saying hold my beer to the Steelers today. They too look awful
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 10:14 pm

I was at the game, and it was, if possible, even worse seeing it in person. What an embarrassment.

Only good thing is, seasons aren't decided on one game. KC, Cincy, Pittsburgh and Giants have all sucked in week one (I'm sure there's a longer list but that's off the top of my head).

Hoping for a bounce back next week vs Cleveland. And - no chance I'll be going to that one.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 5:15 am

I really wanted this to be a set the tone for the season game. Man I hope I'm wrong. It was a painful game to watch and I'm pretty sure being there had to suck.
We applied very little pressure other than TJ. We couldn't cover ANYONE in the middle ( especially Ayuit )and missed all kinds of tackles while being pushed back at will to make room for Mccaffrey up the middle. The last time he played against us he scored 3 TDs. I thought we could contain him. Wrong again.
I don't think we could have beaten a "JV" team yesterday.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 7:48 am

The thing that upsets me more than the loss is the way the 49ers took over the stadium. On TV yesterday you could hear the 49ers fans thunderous cheers. This is what we've always done to other teams. I remember as a kid there were never empty seats and I can't remember visiting fans ever overtaking the stadium. Even in the down time from SB 14 until Cowher started. I can remember hearing at that time there was a waiting list for season tickets and the stands always seemed over capacity. The culture of the team has really changed the last 10 years. We've gone from playoff contenders to fighting every year for .500 and it seems to have caught up.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 8:04 am

I've been a big supporter of Mike Tomlin but seeing how badly this team played yesterday, at home no less, has me finally taking a step over the line to fire the guy. I am just so damned tired of these types of games where it seems like the team has no fire, no emotion, and no desire to win. They got flat out embarrassed by San Fran. It was disgusting to watch. Me being a defensive minded guy, it made me sick to my stomach watching our d-line get victimized in the trenches. They were softer than silk sheets on a water bed. McCaffery ran right at then, and right through them. That was as pathetic a showing as I've seen from a Steelers d-line unit in years and they've been bad at times. The linebackers couldn't cover, and the secondary might as well of not even been out on the field. I mean the 49ers receivers were just running around playing pitch and catch with Brock Purdy all game long. Why isn't Joey Porter JR playing? Levi Wallace is a bum, and Patrick Peterson is past his prime. Safety play left a lot to be desired as well.

The 49ers exposed this team as preseason frauds and came into our house, took it over, and spit in our faces. That game was a gut punch for Steeler Nation and honestly my optimism is already dead and gone. I mean I'd be more optimistic had it at least been a competitive game but once again the only guy that showed up to play was TJ Watt. The rest of the team looked like a bad high school football team and if it wasn't for TJ's otherworldly play yesterday we'd of had 50 points stacked on us.

I'm tired of hearing about all of this alleged "talent" we have. Where was that "talent" yesterday? If they are so talented why were receivers running wide open all over the secondary? If they're so talented why was McCaffery running right through the front 7 like they were a wet paper bag? Talent doesn't mean shit when it doesn't translate to the game being played. Kenny Pickett couldn't hit the broadside of a barn yesterday and it was extremely frustrating to watch.

Javon Hargrave sure looking nice on that 49ers d-line and we let him go years ago and haven't come close to replacing him since. Stop-gap solutions like Alualu got us by and they keep drafting guys like Keanu Benton but never someone to me that comes across as a true NT. I miss the 00s when this team had pride and nobody was running the ball on us. Now teams just happily march into Acrisure and take over our house and run roughshod over us.

Sorry for the long post, yesterday sucked. I was genuinely excited for this season to start. I was hoping to see an improved offense take the field and instead got treated to watching a pop warner team playing against grown ass men.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 10:02 am

IF im the coach of a team , i'm telling my players not to let me see them celebrating when they are getting their asses kicked. i'm referring to the friermuth TD. look at the fucking scoreboard dumb asses. that TD means nothing!!! they had absolutely nothing to be happy about.

IowaSteeler927 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 10:53 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I've been a big supporter of Mike Tomlin but seeing how badly this team played yesterday, at home no less, has me finally taking a step over the line to fire the guy. I am just so damned tired of these types of games where it seems like the team has no fire, no emotion, and no desire to win. They got flat out embarrassed by San Fran. It was disgusting to watch. Me being a defensive minded guy, it made me sick to my stomach watching our d-line get victimized in the trenches. They were softer than silk sheets on a water bed. McCaffery ran right at then, and right through them. That was as pathetic a showing as I've seen from a Steelers d-line unit in years and they've been bad at times. The linebackers couldn't cover, and the secondary might as well of not even been out on the field. I mean the 49ers receivers were just running around playing pitch and catch with Brock Purdy all game long. Why isn't Joey Porter JR playing? Levi Wallace is a bum, and Patrick Peterson is past his prime. Safety play left a lot to be desired as well.

The 49ers exposed this team as preseason frauds and came into our house, took it over, and spit in our faces. That game was a gut punch for Steeler Nation and honestly my optimism is already dead and gone. I mean I'd be more optimistic had it at least been a competitive game but once again the only guy that showed up to play was TJ Watt. The rest of the team looked like a bad high school football team and if it wasn't for TJ's otherworldly play yesterday we'd of had 50 points stacked on us.

I'm tired of hearing about all of this alleged "talent" we have. Where was that "talent" yesterday? If they are so talented why were receivers running wide open all over the secondary? If they're so talented why was McCaffery running right through the front 7 like they were a wet paper bag? Talent doesn't mean shit when it doesn't translate to the game being played. Kenny Pickett couldn't hit the broadside of a barn yesterday and it was extremely frustrating to watch.

Javon Hargrave sure looking nice on that 49ers d-line and we let him go years ago and haven't come close to replacing him since. Stop-gap solutions like Alualu got us by and they keep drafting guys like Keanu Benton but never someone to me that comes across as a true NT. I miss the 00s when this team had pride and nobody was running the ball on us. Now teams just happily march into Acrisure and take over our house and run roughshod over us.

Sorry for the long post, yesterday sucked. I was genuinely excited for this season to start. I was hoping to see an improved offense take the field and instead got treated to watching a pop warner team playing against grown ass men.

Players come and go. The same bullshit every fucking year, losing to cellar dwellers regularly, no being prepared, out coached are the only constant you can count on year in and year out. The only thing they have in common is piss poor coaching. It's time for a change.
The Steelers will never sniff another superbowl as long as tomlin is in charge.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IowaSteeler927 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 10:57 am

Mach1 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Players come and go. The same bullshit every fucking year, losing to cellar dwellers regularly, no being prepared, out coached are the only constant you can count on year in and year out. The only thing they have in common is piss poor coaching. It's time for a change.
The Steelers will never sniff another superbowl as long as tomlin is in charge.

I hope they prove us wrong but I think you're right Mach
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 11:03 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IF im the coach of a team , i'm telling my players not to let me see them celebrating when they are getting their asses kicked.  i'm referring to the friermuth TD. look at the fucking scoreboard dumb asses. that TD means nothing!!! they had absolutely nothing to be happy about.

I said the exact same thing to my wife yesterday. Tired of seeing players celebrate when we're losing, and celebrating every stupid little thing like simply moving the chains every time they manage to. Tomlin runs this team like he's their friend, not their coach.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 12:45 pm

Canada/Tomlin have to scheme better.

Pickett has to be way more accurate and think about moving chains. He had opportunities but blew them with innacurate passing causing way too many 3 and outs. There were times he could have ran for first downs as well.

The defense was ill prepared that first half but did start getting their shit together by halftime. They gave up that big 65 yard run but after that they played better a small bright spot.

The offense kept giving up the ball and good field position to the 49ers. Shanahan and Purdy made them pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 1:11 pm

Yesterday's game was extremely disappointing. Worse so if you went to the game like I did (and had to tolerate obnoxious 49ers fans gloating in your face).

I would offer this though: No need to hyperventilate over one game. it's a long season. Look across the league, a lot of surprises in week 1, including underperformances by 2 of the AFC's top teams.

That said, Week 2 better be considerably better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread   San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers 09-10-23 Gameday Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5