Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn to the browns - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On to the browns

Go down 
+6
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
LambertWardSteel
SteelerFreak58
vasteeler
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

On to the browns - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:44 am

Zero plays in the red zone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:48 am

3 major issues are slowing this team down on Offense right now.

1. Our Oline is getting annihilated in the run game. Guys are in our backfield right after the snap blowing shit up. Warren is hitting holes faster then Najee that's why he is a little bit more successful  but not by much.

2. Pickett is having accuracy issues. No offense is going to run efficiently with a QB that is unable to throw catchable footballs. It really is that simple.

3. Canada can't get out of his own way. Either he is throwing footballs short or behind the line of scrimmage to the outside for 1 or 2 yard gains setting up 3rd and longs. Or he kills drives by getting cute and calling reverses or jet sweeps. He has an Elite (possibly 2) TE's and he hasn't used them at all... he just isn't an NFL level OC and it shows every week.

Here is what is going to happen. Our Offense will continue to bumble and stumble in games and our Defense will be out on the field trying to save the day for them and our Defense will start to wear down by game 6 or 7. Hopefully TJ and Highsmith can stay healthy because without them they don't have much chance of putting up points.

I was really hoping things would be different  but this team reminds me of the early 90s Steelers with Bubby Brister at QB you hoped the Offense wouldn't lose games for the defense and the defense had to put up points cause the offense was just absolutely terrible to witness.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:53 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Canada should be fired, but that doesn't explain that Pickett's throws are often way off. He just doesn't look like a capable starter right now.

Here's my uneducated opinion ...

Everyone keeps talking about Kenny's inaccuracy and decision making, and I think there's a reason for it.

The thing that stood out to me about him last year was his poise and confidence. He looked as comfortable as a veteran out there.

This season he looks like a terrified rookie. He's not poised and confident like he was last year. And when you're playing scared, you make bad decisions and bad throws.

So the question is, what happened to his poise and confidence? My money is on Canada. I don't think Kenny has any confidence in the offense, and it's affecting him.

I could be totally wrong, but that's my interpretation of what I'm seeing.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

vasteeler and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 10:01 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Canada should be fired, but that doesn't explain that Pickett's throws are often way off. He just doesn't look like a capable starter right now.

Everyone keeps talking about Kenny's inaccuracy and decision making, and I think there's a reason for it.

The thing that stood out to me about him last year was his poise and confidence. He looked as comfortable as a veteran out there.

This season he looks like a terrified rookie. He's not poised and confident like he was last year. And when you're playing scared, you make bad decisions and bad throws.

So the question is, what happened to his poise and confidence? My money is on Canada.
I don't think Kenny has any confidence in the offense, and it's affecting him.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I would love to see what Kenny could do with a real OC that plays to the teams strengths instead of the round hole square plug offense. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 10:10 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

So the question is, what happened to his poise and confidence? My money is on Canada. I don't think Kenny has any confidence in the offense, and it's affecting him.

It could be true, but Canada was OC last year when Pickett looked confident. Of course something could've happened between the two that shattered Kenny's confidence. Right now, neither of them is doing the other any favors. They both look like total crap. I'm hoping for more Fire Canada chants next home game and that Art II will feel the need to give the fans what they want so we can see Pickett this year with another OC. Not that I'm very confident that the next OC will be better than Canada. I thought they couldn't do worse after Fichtner, yet here we are.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 1:53 pm

My take on things, some of which won't be very popular....

First, Matt Canada will NOT be fired mid-season. Steelers just don't operate that way. That said, if the whole season continues this way offensively, he won't be back next year.

Second - I still believe in Kenny Pickett. He IS the QB of the future. What's up now with his confidence? Don't know. But I believe in him and think eventually he will get it figured out.

Third - there is no one better in space than Najee Harris. The issue is getting him in space. Many of those plays, no running back on earth is gaining yardage there.

Fourth - the offensive line is more talented than they are playing. They need to get it figured out.

Fifth - Broderick Jones NEEDS to be on the field. This is coming from me, who doesn't see what the coaches see in practice. But I fail to believe he's not better than some of the guys playing ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 2:21 pm

Fittipaldo in his weekly report card gave QB and F; OL a D, coaching an F. He had an interesting take on some decisions going forward...

Quote :
Coaching: I’m not sure the coaching staff deserves much credit for this victory. Highsmith and Watt basically willed the team to win. Head coach Mike Tomlin has some critical decisions to make before the Raiders game. Does he continue to trust Matt Canada to be his offensive coordinator? Does Kenny Pickett keep his job as starting quarterback? As poorly as Pickett played, Canada’s decision to call a quarterback read option from shotgun on 3rd-and-1 with 3:02 left might go down as one of the worst play calls in team history. So much for the front office’s desire for the Steelers to impose their will on the opposition. The play lost 3 yards, and the Steelers had to punt the ball back to the Browns. He was lucky the defense bailed him out, but the call and his unwillingness to embrace a downhill running game will linger until the offense shows some signs of life.

Grade: F

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2023/09/18/steelers-report-card-browns-t-j-watt-matt-canada/stories/202309180062

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 4:42 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Fittipaldo in his weekly report card gave QB and F; OL a D, coaching an F. He had an interesting take on some decisions going forward...

Quote :
Coaching: I’m not sure the coaching staff deserves much credit for this victory. Highsmith and Watt basically willed the team to win. Head coach Mike Tomlin has some critical decisions to make before the Raiders game. Does he continue to trust Matt Canada to be his offensive coordinator? Does Kenny Pickett keep his job as starting quarterback? As poorly as Pickett played, Canada’s decision to call a quarterback read option from shotgun on 3rd-and-1 with 3:02 left might go down as one of the worst play calls in team history. So much for the front office’s desire for the Steelers to impose their will on the opposition. The play lost 3 yards, and the Steelers had to punt the ball back to the Browns. He was lucky the defense bailed him out, but the call and his unwillingness to embrace a downhill running game will linger until the offense shows some signs of life.

Grade: F

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2023/09/18/steelers-report-card-browns-t-j-watt-matt-canada/stories/202309180062
I couldn't give the coaching staff an "F" on a game they won, however, I could certainly justify giving them an "F" for the SF game - the team just was NOT ready to play. That falls on coaching. Also have to give hats off to Tomlin for the first challenge, which he won (and a lot of people thought we were going to lose). I won't give Canada an "F". I'll let him slide by with a "D-minus-minus" Twisted Evil But we'd better see improvement and fast. Also - if the offensive line sucks next week and we Don't play Broderick Jones? F for everyone. Get him ON the field.

Kenny Pickett will remain the starter. Whatever is going on with him hopefully resolves itself. The two behind him are so far behind him it's not even worth considering.

Watt and Highsmith were certainly the starts. They made it happen.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 7:05 pm

On a other note it could be worse...

The Los Angeles Chargers have scored 58 points have ZERO turn overs and are 0-2...

We may have a completely shit job of an Offense but our defense won us a game!On to the browns - Page 4 3562723908

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:20 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
On a other note it could be worse...

The Los Angeles Chargers have scored 58 points have ZERO turn overs and are 0-2...

We may have a completely shit job of an Offense but our defense won us a game!On to the browns - Page 4 3562723908
On to the browns - Page 4 1647293567
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 3:47 am

As much as I want to see Canada gone I agree it won't happen until after the season and if they replace KP as the starter so early (ALA Cleveland) it will ruin him. I can't figure out how KP could look like the leader he was in preseason to a guy running for his life. I do know this..it's the OC's job to coach em up.
It all starts up front with the Oline. Is this also in Canada's job description? I've never coached but it sure seems to me it should be. It's not just run,pass,jet seep,BUBBLE SCREEN.
If you watched a lot of the Chubb runs the LG pulled right giving their line a wall just long enough for Chubb to get by. You don't see any of this going on for Najee. Some people think JW should take Najee's job. I don't think that will happen and even if it does it would only net a few extra yards per game until this line is figured out and Canada has proven that he Can't coach at this level so after this season he NEEDS to go. Shout out to coach T. WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER HERE. On to the browns - Page 4 2913999526

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 8:39 am

solardave wrote:
As much as I want to see Canada gone I agree it won't happen until after the season and if they replace KP as the starter so early (ALA Cleveland) it will ruin him. I can't figure out how KP could look like the leader he was in preseason to a guy running for his life. I do know this..it's the OC's job to coach em up.
It all starts up front with the Oline. Is this also in Canada's job description? I've never coached but it sure seems to me it should be. It's not just run,pass,jet seep,BUBBLE SCREEN.
If you watched a lot of the Chubb runs the LG pulled right giving their line a wall just long enough for Chubb to get by. You don't see any of this going on for Najee. Some people think JW should take Najee's job. I don't think that will happen and even if it does it would only net a few extra yards per game until this line is figured out and Canada has proven that he Can't coach at this level so after this season he NEEDS to go. Shout out to coach T. WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER HERE. On to the browns - Page 4 2913999526

Bottom line is Tomlin is allowing this shit show. Same shit different year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

solardave, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 6:01 am

Mach1 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Bottom line is Tomlin is allowing this shit show. Same shit different year.

True, but bottom line for me is that Art II is allowing this shit show. Tomlin would be a great head coach if his role was more limited and that should be easy to do. He should forbid Tomlin to involve with everything in the offense. It's quite simple, don't let Tomlin choose the OC and don't let Tomlin intervene in the offensive playcalling. Tomlin is great in other aspects so he can focus on them.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 1:24 am

Mach1 wrote:
Zero plays in the red zone.

Probably for the better, against the Niners Matt Canada called a Four Verticals in the Red Zone... On to the browns - Page 4 1505004552

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On to the browns   On to the browns - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

On to the browns
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4