Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSome dumb shit Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Some dumb shit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 9:56 am

Signed punter Brad Wing to the practice squad... he hasn't been in the NFL for 6 years... you are telling me there are no punters out there that have played recently?

Rumor mill - Steelers are in the mix for a possible trade for Jonathan Taylor... without a Great Center ( Mason Cole you aren't it) and good tackles Chuks (you aren't it either) Jonathan Taylor isn't gonna help our run game... maybe bring back Barry Sanders... he might help...

We have one of the worst Run defenses in the league 28th currently... but hey let's not get a true RUN STUFFING Nose Tackle because Tomlin likes players with "versatility". This one just fucking baffles me in a run gashing regular basis...

This is some of the shaking my head at stupid shit of the week the Steelers are continuing to do...
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 12:57 pm

I seriously hope they don't sign Taylor.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 4:55 pm

vasteeler wrote:
I seriously hope they don't sign Taylor.

They would be way better off trading for a quality Center and Right Tackle...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 11:20 pm

i feel like this thread is baiting me to go on the rant i have been on since shortly after casey hampton retired. Some dumb shit 2097682944
tomlins, " jack of all trades, master of none" approach to roster building isn't working and hasn't worked for a long time. drafting a small mediocre college guard to play center just because he played center for 4 games, instead of drafting a CENTER, was just brilliant Some dumb shit 184121345 tomlin trying to shoehorn small 4-3 Dtackles into NT is hardly surprising .
i'm all about the trenches, and i 100% believe games are won or lost in the trenches. i dont care how good your skill or back end players are, you can not win a SB without great lines. LBers rely on the guys in front of them just as much as RBs rely on the guys in front of them.

Wallace108, Mach1, solardave, Stella Nation, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 12:08 am

Here is an early list of Dline players we can keep an eye on even if tomlin wont. there isnt a ton of quality players with 3-4 body types in this draft as far as i can see.

Maason Smith

DT LSU

Height: 6 - 5 | Weight: 316 |

i have seen him compared to stephon tuitt. perfect size for a 3-4 DE. could be a 1st round pick

McKinnley Jackson

DT Texas A&M

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 325 |

this guy is a legit 0 technique NT, so tomlin likely wont give him a second look. 2nd round ?

Nazir Stackhouse

DT Georgia

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 320

another guy with a NT build. 2-3rd round ?

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 12:18 am

the clear cut best center in this draft

Sedrick Van Pran
IOL | Georgia
6'4"
310 lbs

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 11:07 am

I have to say - I'd be willing to wager a kidney that there's nothing to the Jonathan Taylor trade rumours. That one makes no sense at all. We have two good running backs who do just fine when there are holes to run through. SF and MoP said it succinctly - get a Real Center. Get a run-stuffing NT. Those have to be bigger priorities.

Does anyone on here really want to see Jonathan Taylor run to the middle for a gain of 1/2 yard, repeatedly? Because that's what we'd get. Fix the run blocking.

I will say this, as well (and I do agree about the Center position above, I don't think our guy is on the roster)...I believe the line is underperforming. They are playing worse than they are. The coaching at this position is just NOT getting it done.

Where's Munchak?

PS: Where's Broderick, too? Some dumb shit 1704048833
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 3:58 pm

Next draft...
Rd #1 Van Pran must have a star center if you want to run the ball. This dude is legit.

RD #2 Jackson True NT run stuffing downs 1 and 2 then let them peel thier ears back on third and long. You're right though Tomlin won't do it.

RD #3 DE to replace Ogenjobi or Heyward. Ogenjobi has been mediocre at best when he is on the field. You will have Leal, and Benton alongside another Rd 3 DE or DT... that should be plenty let Ogenjobi go and Heyward retires.

We could have had Creed Humphrey... he has been a beast since he has entered the NFL... 1 sack allowed in 2021 1 sack allowed in 2022.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 5:03 pm

Great Randino wrote:
I have to say - I'd be willing to wager a kidney that there's nothing to the Jonathan Taylor trade rumours.  That one makes no sense at all.  We have two good running backs who do just fine when there are holes to run through.  SF and MoP said it succinctly - get a Real Center.  Get a run-stuffing NT.  Those have to be bigger priorities.

Does anyone on here really want to see Jonathan Taylor run to the middle for a gain of 1/2 yard, repeatedly?  Because that's what we'd get.  Fix the run blocking.

I will say this, as well (and I do agree about the Center position above, I don't think our guy is on the roster)...I believe the line is underperforming.  They are playing worse than they are.  The coaching at this position is just NOT getting it done.

Where's Munchak?

PS:  Where's Broderick, too? Some dumb shit 1704048833

Munchak is currently not coaching... can you believe that shit? Steelers should throw a shitload of money at him and bring him back he knew how to make an effective Oline.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 5:51 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
I have to say - I'd be willing to wager a kidney that there's nothing to the Jonathan Taylor trade rumours.  That one makes no sense at all.  We have two good running backs who do just fine when there are holes to run through.  SF and MoP said it succinctly - get a Real Center.  Get a run-stuffing NT.  Those have to be bigger priorities.

Does anyone on here really want to see Jonathan Taylor run to the middle for a gain of 1/2 yard, repeatedly?  Because that's what we'd get.  Fix the run blocking.

I will say this, as well (and I do agree about the Center position above, I don't think our guy is on the roster)...I believe the line is underperforming.  They are playing worse than they are.  The coaching at this position is just NOT getting it done.

Where's Munchak?

PS:  Where's Broderick, too? Some dumb shit 1704048833

Munchak is currently not  coaching... can you believe that shit? Steelers should throw a shitload of money at him and bring him back he knew how to make an effective Oline.
YES!

Give him whatever he wants, pay him head coach $$$. Get the Munch back in the Burg.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 3:26 am

As long as .500 is the standard all is good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some dumb shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some dumb shit   Some dumb shit Empty

Back to top Go down

Some dumb shit
Page 1 of 1