Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread

Go down 
+6
Stella Nation
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 9:19 am

Since winning the SB Rams players like Kupp and Donald as well as HC Sean McVay all seem to have lost their drive.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 1:45 pm

I really didn't think we'd win this game before the game, or during the game, up until the 4th quarter. I think the team is 2-4 without TJ...possibly 1-5. He is a couple broken tackles away from 3 TDs thru the first 6 games. As it was the 2 he was stopped on we still ended with a FG and TD. He likely is well on his way to a 2nd DPOY.

I don't get why Kenny can't play to a higher level the first 3 quarters.

Tomlin needs to sit these players down for a series or so for pulling these taunting penalties. Pickens was more egregious than Johnson. Johnson should have had the discipline to turn away too, but Witherspoon was screaming and Johnson was telling him to be quiet. It was probably the hand Jonson put on his back that did it. It was good to have Johnson back.

Glad to see Herbig get his 1st sack and JPJ playing more.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 2:55 pm

it is just bizarre how bad they start games. its like everybody stayed out till 5 AM drinking then rolled out of bed 2 minutes before kickoff with massive hangovers.
not that i would know what thats like... Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 190127080
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 3:23 pm

solardave wrote:
We have a TE on the field who is damn near 7 ft tall and not one throw. Wallace sucks.

amazing isnt it . unless he drops 50% of the balls he is thrown in practice, it makes no sense to keep him out of the passing game. oddly enough, i am not a bit surprised. it is right up there with keeping your top 2 draft picks on the bench when your starters are playing like shit. perhaps we just are unclear about tomlins , "standard"
i'm old enough to remember all the hype over the summer about how good moore looked in camp. Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 798776511

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 2:50 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
We have a TE on the field who is damn near 7 ft tall and not one throw. Wallace sucks.

amazing isnt it . unless he drops 50% of the balls he is thrown in practice, it makes no sense to keep him out of the passing game. oddly enough, i am not a bit surprised. it is right up there with keeping your top 2 draft picks on the bench when your starters are playing like shit. perhaps we just are unclear about tomlins , "standard"
i'm old enough to remember all the hype over the summer about how good moore looked in camp. Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 798776511

I was just reading an article where they said Moore played the best game of his career against the Rams. I would put that down to the fact the Rams don't have shit for pass rushers.

They never should've pulled Broderick Jones. What'd you draft him for? I am still of the mindset that Moore would be better suited to move over to RT and compete with Chuks for that job. Chuks is a liability and he never gets any push in the run game.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 4:32 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

I was just reading an article where they said Moore played the best game of his career against the Rams. I would put that down to the fact the Rams don't have shit for pass rushers.

They never should've pulled Broderick Jones. What'd you draft him for? I am still of the mindset that Moore would be better suited to move over to RT and compete with Chuks for that job. Chuks is a liability and he never gets and push in the run game.

I saw a couple of running plays where Moore got to the second level blocking in that game. You're right Iowa he needs to be at RT. I think he'd be an upgrade there and Jones could anchor down the LT position.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 4:51 am

I watch a lot of football and I already have seen all teams play and it is baffling how many teams manage to win/lose games they aren't supposing to win/lose. Chiefs and Eagles (and to a lesser degree the 49ers) are the only teams who are more or less consistent and know what they're doing. All other organisations are making stupid mistakes. It starts with building a team, from paying absurd contracts to has beens (for us that's Peterson) or mediocre players while letting good young players go. But also being totally unprepared for games (sounds familiar?), this weekend it were the Lions who got their asses kicked against the Ravens (35-0 after the 3rd quarter) and the Raiders losing 30-12 against the Bears who had a Duck Hodges clown playing QB. Coaches making stupid ingame decisions and players being totally undisciplined. And except for the three organisations I've mentioned it's every other team in this league. I mean, I understand that not every team can have a good structure with a guy who can build a team, a good coach who is surrounded with a quality staff and players going through a wall every week but 3 out of 32 is pretty miserable. If you wonder how someone like Tomlin can have a winning season year after year there's your answer. It seems that "his standard" is the standard for almost everyone else. Sad to say and sad to see.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 5:09 am

To give an example look at what happened last weekend. The Rams lost because Maher was missing his kicks. Instead of putting us away, Maher single handedly kept us in the game. Why did they give him a contract in the first place? He's the kicker who missed FOUR extra points in the Cowboys wild card loss last season. No wonder he's already missed multiple field goals in 3 games this year alone. Every Rams fan feared this would happen before the season.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 11:15 am

Cole once again with a shit performance that is 6 games in a row... Seamalu had his first substandard performance but he was taking on Donald a lot of the time. Moore, Okorafor and Daniels all had good numbers. That's the first time for both Moore and Okorafor.

In the defensive side once again a poor substandard performance by Ogenjobi, Peterson and Wallace...

It's time for Porter, Benton, and Jones to be on the field way more then the underperforming vets.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/10/steelers-vs-rams-week-7-pff-grades-and-total-snaps/

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 1:59 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
To give an example look at what happened last weekend. The Rams lost because Maher was missing his kicks. Instead of putting us away, Maher single handedly kept us in the game. Why did they give him a contract in the first place? He's the kicker who missed FOUR extra points in the Cowboys wild card loss last season. No wonder he's already missed multiple field goals in 3 games this year alone. Every Rams fan feared this would happen before the season.

Agreed, it was a horrendous game for their kicker and all those misses kept the Steelers in the game. I rewatched the 2nd half last night on DVR, I was really wondering had the Rams got a TD at the end of the game to make it 24-23, would they have gone for 2 to win and save another XP attempt?

Seeing a kicker do this really makes me appreciate Boswell. He is 100% FGs and XPs thru the first 6 games. I was looking at his career stats and he is 28-34 in 50+ field goals...I know that's more the norm now but there used to be a time when hitting 50% at 50+ seemed really good. The Steelers really have a long history of good kickers.

Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 2:20 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Agreed, it was a horrendous game for their kicker and all those misses kept the Steelers in the game. I rewatched the 2nd half last night on DVR, I was really wondering had the Rams got a TD at the end of the game to make it 24-23, would they have gone for 2 to win and save another XP attempt?

Seeing a kicker do this really makes me appreciate Boswell. He is 100% FGs and XPs thru the first 6 games. I was looking at his career stats and he is 28-34 in 50+ field goals...I know that's more the norm now but there used to be a time when hitting 50% at 50+ seemed really good. The Steelers really have a long history of good kickers.
I really like Boswell. Other than that one horrendous season he had, he's just been golden for us through the years.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 3:44 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

They never should've pulled Broderick Jones. What'd you draft him for? I am still of the mindset that Moore would be better suited to move over to RT and compete with Chuks for that job. Chuks is a liability and he never gets any push in the run game.
Chuks has ALWAYS been dog shit. his best days on the field bring him to an average tackle. usually his play is below average. the mind blowing thing is they GAVE HIM MORE MONEY TO STAY !! Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 1883569342
that shows you where Tomlins standards are. he will settle for average instead of pursuing an upgrade. you DONT WIN championships with a team that is compromised of 70% average players. they have too many starters who should be backups. before someone says you cant have a probowler at every position...well obviously duh, but there needs to be a better ratio of above average to average.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 4:02 am

Great Randino wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I really like Boswell.  Other than that one horrendous season he had, he's just been golden for us through the years.
actually he has had 2 not so good seasons. last year he was 20/28 . had a bit of a problem from 40-49. only made 50%. in 2018 he was 13/20 and missed 5 xtra points. also only hit 50% of the 40-49 yards that year.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 4:15 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

Chuks has ALWAYS been dog shit. his best days on the field bring him to an average tackle. usually his play is below average. the mind blowing thing is they GAVE HIM MORE MONEY TO STAY !! Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 1883569342
that shows you where Tomlins standards are. he will settle for average instead of pursuing an upgrade. you DONT WIN championships with a team that is compromised of 70% average players. they have too many starters who should be backups. before someone says you cant have a probowler at every position...well obviously duh, but there needs to be a better ratio of above average to average.

The reason given for JP Jr not starting is his tackling issues or should I say his issue with tackling. I saw him bounce around when he tried and once it looked like he just quit on the play. Maybe he's not ready to start but Jones hasn't given any indication that he isn't our best LT. Then there's Washington. The forgotten draft pick. WTH is up with him? Is the answer "I don't know I'll hafta ask coach". This guy should be a gigantic safety blanket and a redzone target.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 5:32 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I really like Boswell.  Other than that one horrendous season he had, he's just been golden for us through the years.
actually he has had 2 not so good seasons. last year he was 20/28 . had a bit of a problem from 40-49. only made 50%.  in 2018 he was 13/20 and missed 5 xtra points. also only hit 50% of the 40-49 yards that year.

It's not a coincidence that in those two years he was playing through an injury.

pczach and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 4:04 pm

Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 3099145561

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 8:23 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

The reason given for JP Jr not starting is his tackling issues or should I say his issue with tackling. I saw him bounce around when he tried and once it looked like he just quit on the play. Maybe he's not ready to start but Jones hasn't given any indication that he isn't our best LT. Then there's Washington. The forgotten draft pick. WTH is up with him? Is the answer "I don't know I'll hafta ask coach". This guy should be a gigantic safety blanket and a redzone target.

we hear coaches babbling about creating mismatches all the time. i guess tomlin has never heard of this strategy, or cant figure out to create a mismatch with an athletic 6'7" , 260lb monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Rams 10/22 Gameday Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3