Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDJ needs to go... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DJ needs to go...

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 6:55 pm

After this... dude just needs to go. This is just absolutely 💯% inexcusable.

https://triblive.com/sports/diontae-johnson-appears-to-give-up-on-ball-after-steelers-fumble-draw-ire-from-analysts-fans/

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 7:36 pm

Yeah I saw that live in real-time during the game. Later I saw Tomlin ripping him a new one.

Here's hoping they trade him as soon as they can. That's if they don't outright release him mid-season.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 8:00 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Yeah I saw that live in real-time during the game.  Later I saw Tomlin ripping him a new one.

Here's hoping they trade him as soon as they can.  That's if they don't outright release him mid-season.
mid season is already gone DJ needs to go... 2829330259 but yeah...i'd definitely look to trade him come draft time. i would take carolinas 33rd or arizonas 34th pick for him (assuming they are picking at the top}. arizona has a shit ton of picks stock piled.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 1:45 am

I don't get this dude's attitude. I understood being frustrated after the Browns game, I think everyone on the team was and the fanbase was beyond fed up. But to come out here the game after, when the offense is actually playing well and to put up tape where you're just literally standing around and making zero effort while the ball is fumbled right next to you like that? That's inexcusable. If I'm Tomlin I'd put his ass on the bench for at least a half of the next game just to make a point. Bench the vet and show the rest of the team that that kind of crap isn't going to be tolerated.

Then there's the whole argument debacle with Minkah on top of that as well. Of course the team is trying to play that off like it wasn't a big deal but there's kind of a pattern of issues developing with DJ. TBH DJ really doesn't have room to be criticizing the team, or taking plays off when he drops as many passes as he does. Take a look in the mirror before you start pointing fingers at anyone else.

Stella Nation, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 2:35 am

I've been saying this since last season. He must talk a good game to Tomlin or caught him eating twinkies and threatened to tell Mrs. Tomlin. The longer they wait the more his issues get exposed and the less likely it is that they get anything for him. If Tomlin doesn't want to deal with his stupidity start talking trades because to me his dumbass is expendable.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 am

Hopefully he learns his lesson and performs well for the rest of the year ... then his trade value goes up. He's extremely talented, but he's obviously not that bright (seems to be the only WR not on the same page with Kenny) and lazy. He needs to adjust his attitude or risk being viewed as a cancer on this team.

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave, IowaSteeler927 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 11:32 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Hopefully he learns his lesson and performs well for the rest of the year ... then his trade value goes up. He's extremely talented, but he's obviously not that bright (seems to be the only WR not on the same page with Kenny) and lazy. He needs to adjust his attitude or risk being viewed as a cancer on this team.
Welcome back, Kirkland! Glad to see you back on the forum.

DJ is reminding me more of Antonio Brown every day. I think an off-season trade is in the offing. I don't think we will get more than about a 3rd round from him but time will tell. He's obviously not a team player though.

I agree with benching him next game, at least for a half or so. Let's see what Calvin and the others can bring to the table. Honestly, I think right now, after viewing the last game and seeing what Sullivan has rung up, Kenny's top target now is MUTH. Pickens still has big play ability as well. I want to see Calvin get some looks.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 2:27 am

WR is a big problem for this team and one we can't afford. Outside of DJ and Pickens we simply have no one who has shown anything. I mean Robinson has 185 yards this season and Austin III 170. And both DJ and Pickens are diva's and cause sideline problems every 3 weeks or so. We need to deal DJ this offseason (hopefully) but that means we need at least 2 new quality WR's and we still have to cope with Pickens, which isn't ideal.

So we need to invest in WR, while we also need a C, a CB opposite of Joey, a true NT, an OT and actually a better safety next to Minkah and a better slot CB too.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:09 am

Stella Nation wrote:
WR is a big problem for this team and one we can't afford. Outside of DJ and Pickens we simply have no one who has shown anything. I mean Robinson has 185 yards this season and Austin III 170. And both DJ and Pickens are diva's and cause sideline problems every 3 weeks or so. We need to deal DJ this offseason (hopefully) but that means we need at least 2 new quality WR's and we still have to cope with Pickens, which isn't ideal.

So we need to invest in WR, while we also need a C, a CB opposite of Joey, a true NT, an OT and actually a better safety next to Minkah and a better slot CB too.

I agree with your assessment Stella but I'm holding out hope that Benton can be a true nose tackle and I think Thompson could be the Safety we need. If Pickens can grow up and live up to his potential he could be a once in a generation WR. First he has to learn how to separate. I don't think that he doesn't know how as much as he loves the combat/highlight catches.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 4:46 am

I'm afraid Pickens will always be a headcase. He already was like that in college (it's the reason he dropped to us, other teams passed on him cause of his character issues) and is with us too. And he even isn't paid yet, I don't want us to be the team that gives him a hugh contract to find out that he turns into a complete lunatic.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 5:12 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I'm afraid Pickens will always be a headcase. He already was like that in college (it's the reason he dropped to us, other teams passed on him cause of his character issues) and is with us too. And he even isn't paid yet, I don't want us to be the team that gives him a hugh contract to find out that he turns into a complete lunatic.

For sure. From what I've seen the WR in the 2024 draft looks deep with tall guys. The one rank I saw shows in the top 11 not one is under 6'. It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if we deal both DJ and GP if it's a good deal for us. I think if we could get a second round pick out of it we could replace them both. One in the second and the other in the third. Like MOP said they all seem to be divas anymore. The guy I'd love to see us get is Marvin Harrison Jr. Not gonna happen I know but a man can wish.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 11:34 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

For sure. From what I've seen the WR in the 2024 draft looks deep with tall guys. The one rank I saw shows in the top 11 not one is under 6'. It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if we deal both DJ and GP if it's a good deal for us. I think if we could get a second round pick out of it we could replace them both. One in the second and the other in the third. Like MOP said they all seem to be divas anymore. The guy I'd love to see us get is Marvin Harrison Jr. Not gonna happen I know but a man can wish.
I love Marvin Harrison Jr, he's a great kid! No diva action from him either. But he's probably going #2 in the draft (he is the best overall player in college football. But we all know a QB is going first.)

I disagree slightly with your plan, though, I think we dump DJ this offseason, free up capital. But I think we hold on to Pickens this next year. He's still on his rookie deal, he's pretty good, and - I don't think I'd count on two rookie WR's to start in one year. So, deal DJ this offseason, decide on Pickens in a year. That's how I would play it. I think we can get a 3rd rounder out of DJ. Maybe a 2nd rounder from a dumb team.

Center #1.
Center #1.
Center #1.

I also think Benton is going to be our NT. Maybe he grows into it (snack style?). We obviously have other needs too, but that's the direction I'd go.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 12:29 pm

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I love Marvin Harrison Jr, he's a great kid!  No diva action from him either.  But he's probably going #2 in the draft (he is the best overall player in college football.  But we all know a QB is going first.)

I disagree slightly with your plan, though, I think we dump DJ this offseason, free up capital.  But I think we hold on to Pickens this next year.  He's still on his rookie deal, he's pretty good, and - I don't think I'd count on two rookie WR's to start in one year.  So, deal DJ this offseason, decide on Pickens in a year.  That's how I would play it.  I think we can get a 3rd rounder out of DJ.  Maybe a 2nd rounder from a dumb team.

Center #1.
Center #1.
Center #1.

I also think Benton is going to be our NT.  Maybe he grows into it (snack style?).   We obviously have other needs too, but that's the direction I'd go.

I don't believe we need to go Center in Round 1. Van Pran is the #1 Center and he is being projected as giong in rd#2 and even rd#3 by some prognosticators. I think if we go RT #1 and Center #2 they can go WR in rd 3 or trade DJ for a 2nd round pick and get a WR in RD 2 with the trade of they can get it.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 12:37 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

I agree with you. WR at times has been such a Steeler strength but really needs some upgrading now. Ben made the WRs around him better but there were still some good ones along the way. Unfortunately WRs often come with attitude. You think back to around 2010 when we had a pretty good WR room with Ward, Wallace, young Sanders and AB, and even end of career El. But, as soon as you look at the list you start thinking of the problems AB became and Wallace was. Hopefully they can do some rebuilding off season.

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:10 pm

It seems like ya gotta draft at least one WR every draft. Just seems to be the nature of it.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:38 pm

I think there's a difference between DJ and Pickens. Pickens seems to really care about what's happening with the team and his teammates. Does he pout, sure. But you want a WR (and RB) who wants the ball and will let you know he's not happy when he doesn't get it. DJ seems to not know his routes, drops passes, and obviously puts in less effort when he's not the target. It's a shame, because I think he has far more potential than what he's showing. IMO the only difference between DJ and AB is the amount of effort put into the craft outside of games.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:42 pm

Great Randino wrote:

Welcome back, Kirkland!  Glad to see you back on the forum.

Thanks my friend! Hope to keep up a little more going forward.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 6:18 am

You can't make this shit up DJ needs to go... 1505004552 DJ needs to go... 2913999526
I don't know which of the two idiots at WR I want to get rid of first.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/12/you-might-want-to-think-twice-about-gifting-a-george-pickens-jersey-for-christmas/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Maybe we can send both of them packing as a gift to the Commanders or another desperate team in the offseason.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 12:21 pm

At this point Johnson and Pickens are feeding off each other. There is no one to set an example.

Pickens didn't block on Warren's run and said: I ain't want to get an injury. Unreal

SteelerFreak58

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 12:51 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
At this point Johnson and Pickens are feeding off each other. There is no one to set an example.

Pickens didn't block on Warren's run and said: I ain't want to get an injury.  Unreal

That's on Tomlin. That's on the WR Coach. That's on the Offense's leadership (if there is any) and Veterans which goes back to the Coaches for not promoting leadership and accountability.

Tomlins approach and choices have come back to bite him on the ass. Pickens coming out of College was known to be immature. They gambled and lost... trade him before its to late and get some picks for your bad choice.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 1:07 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Pickens didn't block on Warren's run and said: I ain't want to get an injury.  Unreal

That's on Tomlin. That's on the WR Coach. That's on the Offense's leadership (if there is any) and Veterans which goes back to the Coaches for not promoting leadership and accountability.

Tomlins approach and choices have come back to bite him on the ass. Pickens coming out of College was known to be immature. They gambled and lost... trade him before its to late and get some picks for your bad choice.

To your point:

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 1:26 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:

It's hard to get injured on the bench. The season is all but over anyway. I'd like to see him ball out these last 3 games to give us trade bait.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 3:47 am

solardave wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

It's hard to get injured on the bench. The season is all but over anyway. I'd like to see him ball out these last 3 games to give us trade bait.

And then let Khan do his magic DJ needs to go... 1797695198

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DJ needs to go... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ needs to go...   DJ needs to go... Empty

Back to top Go down

DJ needs to go...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: