Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFix it GM... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Fix it GM...

Go down 
+3
Mach1
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyFri Dec 22, 2023 5:17 pm

You are the GM for the Pittsburgh Steelers. ARII brings you in and tells you this year has been a complete and total shit show and you need to fix things. You are granted complete power to bring back the playoff competitiveness and tradition the fans and organization expect moving into 2024 and beyond. What do you do to begin fixing the shit show folks let's hear what you got?!

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 1:45 am

fire tomlin. Fix it GM... 1401235891
the shit show has been going on FAAAAAR longer than this year. one only needs to look at the growing list of "problem" players and under achieving coaching and how they have been dealt with over the years to see a clear lack of leadership from the top. when you see players mailing it in, you immediately pull them. you dont coddle ass clowns. you send em packing. when they show you who they are, you pull them aside and let em know bullshit will not be tolerated . it is up to them to convince you that is not really who they are.
DJ and pickens should be suspended for the rest of the year. come march they should both be on the trading block.

Mach1, IowaSteeler927 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:29 am

I agree with Puppets on this. Let's have a fresh start and move on from Tomlin, if he could be traded for draft picks all the better.  Also build a competent coaching staff for the first time since early in Tomlin's regime when he was using coaches inherited from Cowher.  I think mandate needs to come down from ownership/management for the new coaching staff that DJ and Pickens type nonsense isn't tolerated and put emphasis on Steelers tradition. Rebuild the OL starting with Cole. Move on from Johnson, Pickens, even Harris. Make Warren featured back. It would probably be too much to rebuild all this and the QB room at the same time, but it would be in my future plans.

I'd also give myself a raise  Fix it GM... 2981382511

Quest For Seven
Mach1

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 3:20 am

Shit can the entire coaching staff and go from there.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 5:33 am

There have been a few people say Tomlin will have a job in 5 minutes after they fire him so I would serious shop him for a trade. I would also let it be known that Pickens and Johnson are for sale so to speak. Najee too for that matter.
I would take my time choosing the new HC.
Start fresh with a brand new staff. As GM I would have an open door policy with very little tolerance for diva bullshit. I would actually set a standard that can be defined and not only in words but deeds.
I would not promote any of these guys currently on this staff. They would be gone.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 1:19 pm

So we fire Tomlin...

What next? Trade DJ and Pickens? What do we try to get for them?

For me it would be the following...

1 - Fire Tomlin clean house bring in proven modern day NFL coaches with quality track records. Take a shot at a young coach like we have before.

2- Trade Pickens for a round 2 pick minimum.
3- Trade DJ for a round 2 pick.

4- Trade TJ Watt for 2 1st round picks and a 2nd. I am gonna catch a lot of hell for this idea but he is closing in on 30 and we are now in a full rebuild mode. TJ is wasted on this team right now.

We have to get younger we have a lot of holes to fill we have to get more picks and get out from under Tomlins misfires.

It's rebuild time folks you can either do it slow or swing for the fences trading and garnering picks. Just stop taking chances on guys like Pickens or trying to fiddle with shit like Kendrick Green... Go out get your players in the draft and stop trying to make players something they arent.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 1:28 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
So we fire Tomlin...

What next? Trade DJ and Pickens? What do we try to get for them?

For me it would be the following...

1 - Fire Tomlin clean house bring in proven modern day NFL coaches with quality track records. Take a shot at a young coach like we have before.

2- Trade Pickens for a round 2 pick minimum.
3- Trade DJ for a round 2 pick.

4- Trade TJ Watt for 2 1st round picks and a 2nd. I am gonna catch a lot of hell for this idea but he is closing in on 30 and we are now in a full rebuild mode. TJ is wasted on this team right now.

We have to get younger we have a lot of holes to fill we have to get more picks and get out from under Tomlins misfires.

It's rebuild time folks you can either do it slow or swing for the fences trading and garnering picks. Just stop taking chances on guys like Pickens or trying to fiddle with shit like Kendrick Green... Go out get your players in the draft and stop trying to make players something they arent.

You hate to lose a player like Watt but I definitely do see the thinking of getting what you can for him while he has some value. Like you say this is really a full rebuild. It's kind of like having an all star closer like Bednar on a 100 loss Pirates team.

If we can get 2nd rounds for Pickens and DJ I say jump all over it. I'd like to see them go to a team like Carolina

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 6:28 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
I agree with Puppets on this. Let's have a fresh start and move on from Tomlin, if he could be traded for draft picks all the better.  Also build a competent coaching staff for the first time since early in Tomlin's regime when he was using coaches inherited from Cowher.  I think mandate needs to come down from ownership/management for the new coaching staff that DJ and Pickens type nonsense isn't tolerated and put emphasis on Steelers tradition. Rebuild the OL starting with Cole. Move on from Johnson, Pickens, even Harris. Make Warren featured back. It would probably be too much to rebuild all this and the QB room at the same time, but it would be in my future plans.

i dont see harris having any trade value at all. teams are not going to line up to pay him 4.1 million next season. if it wasnt guaranteed money i doubt the steelers would pay it either.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 4:23 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

i dont see harris having any trade value at all. teams are not going to line up to pay him 4.1 million next season. if it wasnt guaranteed money i doubt the steelers would pay it either.

Maybe Da Bears. Fix it GM... 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 pm

Thought you guys would be interested in this...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-steelers-plan-sign-mike-200825596.html
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 11:31 am

Yay, more of the same coming. Can't wait to see the same game plan next season.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 12:26 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Thought you guys would be interested in this...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-steelers-plan-sign-mike-200825596.html

Yeah I don't think he is going anywhere as I have stated before. I don't think ARII has any idea of who he would want to bring in to replace him so he will allow him to stick around for more mediocrity.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 12:47 am

Agree, SF.

If we want to be honest with ourselves, Mike is probably going to be here until he retires. And he's only 51. So, he could be the Steelers coach for another 10, possibly even 15 years.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 4:27 am

Great Randino wrote:
Agree, SF.

If we want to be honest with ourselves, Mike is probably going to be here until he retires.  And he's only 51.  So, he could be the Steelers coach for another 10, possibly even 15 years.

I agree with you both. The only Thing I think might be a factor would be season ticket holders dropping out with no replacements. It is a business after all and lack of revenue could force ART II to cut ties. Even then I think he'd trade him before he fired him. He wouldn't want to be that guy who fired Mike T. while essentially shitting all over the Rooney Rule legacy.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 8:30 am

I'm kind of hoping that Rudolph brings some stability to the QB position and helps to right the ship, but all the same I agree that Tomlin needs to go elsewhere if this team falters again this season. I'm tired of watching this soap opera.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 1:59 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Agree, SF.

If we want to be honest with ourselves, Mike is probably going to be here until he retires.  And he's only 51.  So, he could be the Steelers coach for another 10, possibly even 15 years.

I agree with you both. The only Thing I think might be a factor would be season ticket holders dropping out with no replacements. It is a business after all and lack of revenue could force ART II to cut ties. Even then I think he'd trade him before he fired him. He wouldn't want to be that guy who fired Mike T. while essentially shitting all over the Rooney Rule legacy.

How many of the true Steeler faithful will quit watching the train wreck though? I know I bitch about them but as much as my heart has been subjected to the sheer trauma that it is to be a Steeler fan the last 5 decades there is no way I would ever consider not watching this team or walking away from them. It's our family it's in our blood it's why we take it so seriously when we know it needs to get fixed.

But we all fucking know it won't even matter if they are 0-17 next season we are still gonna show up wearing our lucky jersey and yelling at the screen begging them not to throw a Bubble Screen!

I think that is where ARII knows he has us all by the proverbial balls. YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! Fix it GM... 3562723908

Regardless of what happens during any season we are always going to be Steel City Nation there simply isn't any other choice for us.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 2:06 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm kind of hoping that Rudolph brings some stability to the QB position and helps to right the ship, but all the same I agree that Tomlin needs to go elsewhere if this team falters again this season. I'm tired of watching this soap opera.

I am with you. I am hoping they keep letting Mason throw some deep to the WRs and that backs off the Safeties and then they run the ball down teams throats. That's what will keep defenses honest instead of letting them stack the box and our OC play scared rabbit with little throws behind the LOS dink and dunk bullshit.

Mason has always had a cannon and they have never let him loose. Now is the time they have nothing left to lose. You have DJ, Pickens and Austin... one of those guys is gonna be open if they are running hard on routes and know they can get a ball thrown their way at any time and a chance to make plays... let Mason start winging it to them and make some shit happen.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 4:24 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I am with you. I am hoping they keep letting Mason throw some deep to the WRs and that backs off the Safeties and then they run the ball down teams throats. That's what will keep defenses honest instead of letting them stack the box and our OC play scared rabbit with little throws behind the LOS dink and dunk bullshit.

Mason has always had a cannon and they have never let him loose. Now is the time they have nothing left to lose. You have DJ, Pickens and Austin... one of those guys is gonna be open if they are running hard on routes and know they can get a ball thrown their way at any time and a chance to make plays... let Mason start winging it to them and make some shit happen.
I agree so much with you. Mason's strength is his deep ball and it really benefits our receivers, and especially Pickens. I will say however, beware the "backup QB trap." Many times, they regress after a great week. And, Mason doesn't have such a great history. Still and all, I am rooting for him and really hope he continues to play well.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 9:05 pm

i stayed on the mason rudolf train longer than most. i hoped off after that detroit disaster. mason is capable of playing winning football but he needs the stars to align for it to happen. if the TEAM is playing good, then mason plays good. i wouldnt be a bit surprised if he went to a different team and became a competent backup. those teams wont have randy fichtner or matt canada. i think rudolf may have even thrived under haley or ariens.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 7:13 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i stayed on the mason rudolf train longer than most. i hoped off after that detroit disaster. mason is capable of playing winning football but he needs the stars to align for it to happen. if the TEAM is playing good, then mason plays good. i wouldnt be a bit surprised if he went to a different team and became a competent backup. those teams wont have randy fichtner or matt canada. i think rudolf may have even thrived under haley or ariens.
Arians especially. He really liked pushing the ball down the field, and that's Mason's strength.

For Mason's sake, here's hoping he has another great game (also for the Steelers' sake as well of course).

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 9:47 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Arians especially.  He really liked pushing the ball down the field, and that's Mason's strength.

For Mason's sake, here's hoping he has another great game (also for the Steelers' sake as well of course).
indeed. mason needs the line to give him at least 3 seconds. Bens line during arians stint was mostly shit. that was our big complaint back then . arians had Ben holding the ball too long too often. too many 7 step drops. we were lobbying for quick ,shorter passes back then because Ben was getting pummeled. haley had a nice mix of short and long and Ben had his best seasons. Haley just used those fucking bubble screens way too much.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 2:21 pm

Joe Flacco TDs this December = 13

Kenny Pickett career TDs = 13...

Wtf?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 1:10 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Wtf?!?!?
In all fairness , Flacco didn't have Matt Canada to hamper his development for most of the season. Fix it GM... 1797695198

IowaSteeler927 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 9:54 am

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Wtf?!?!?
In all fairness , Flacco didn't have Matt Canada to hamper his development for most of the season. Fix it GM... 1797695198

A very valid point.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 4:38 pm

Kenny does deserve a better OC and way better play calling.

Hopefully next season they get a good OC and let him Mason and another QB either through FA or draft battle it out HONESTLY for the top spot.

Right now Mason should be given every opportunity to continue to show he can put points on the board. Two back to back games with 30+points is hard to argue against. Could be an anomaly but we are so fucking starved for a quality offense I can't say to put the breaks on at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fix it GM... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix it GM...   Fix it GM... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fix it GM...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: