Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23

Go down 
+3
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
IowaSteeler927
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 Empty
PostSubject: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:23 pm

Looking good so far. Defense needs to pull their heads out of their asses but the offense has been moving the ball very well. Mason definitely has a better grasp and control of this unit , the offense looks night/day better with him under center.

If we win this game I think it needs to stay Mason's job. Unless he completely falls apart.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:28 pm

Mike T playing in his fears constantly calling vanilla zone defense...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:29 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
In fairness, a lot to fear with all practice squad defensive backs....
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:44 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

True, but gotta mix it up and play some man. If you're just going to sit in zone the Seahawks are going to tear us apart all game long. The defense has been living off turnovers all season, the injuries definitely don't help, but if they can't come together and tighten things up the playoffs will not be happening.

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:46 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Got to make NFL defenses guess a little or they are gonna eat you for breakfast in the soft areas on zone.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:55 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

True, but gotta mix it up and play some man. If you're just going to sit in zone the Seahawks are going to tear us apart all game long. The defense has been living off turnovers all season, the injuries definitely don't help, but if they can't come together and tighten things up the playoffs will not be happening.
Yeah, you're right. And those guys played pretty well last week.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:02 pm

How about Najee running his ASS off! Both backs really!

And Mason all of a sudden having a career revival?

Now if we can just play some DEFENSE....
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:06 pm

Good! Was that our first 3 and out? Finally stopped them...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:35 pm

7 point lead, can our D step up here?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:36 pm

Mason don't want to give that job up. Putting points on the board.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:49 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Mason don't want to give that job up. Putting points on the board.
Mason has done the job and delivered today.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:56 pm

Here we go, 2 minutes left, 2 timeouts left for the squaks. Cmon, one first down!
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 7:04 pm

3-2-1-WIN
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 7:09 pm

Hell yeah boys! Gutsy win in a hostile environment against a decent opponent with something to play for. Mason Rudolph better be starting next week too. Team just looks different with Rudolph at the helm.

Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 7:25 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hell yeah boys! Gutsy win in a hostile environment against a decent opponent with something to play for. Mason Rudolph better be starting next week too. Team just looks different with Rudolph at the helm.
I would definitely start Mason. We can't pretend the O doesn't look so much better with him under center.

I love this kind of win though. Hard nosed running game, line dominating in the trenches, running backs freaking running the hell over people.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 7:56 pm

I really don't want them making the playoffs tho because I feel it'll be another one and done. But with so many inconsistent teams you never know. But they need alot of help seeing as they lost to both Houston and indy
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 8:01 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
I really don't want them making the playoffs tho because I feel it'll be another one and done. But with so many inconsistent teams you never know. But they need alot of help seeing as they lost to both Houston and indy
Yeah I haven't figured out the whole playoff picture either.

There are a lot of mediocre teams on the edge. We're one of them. But honestly, there are teams we could beat. And, a first round win would pair us with the Ravens and we kind of have their number, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 8:22 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:
Yeah I haven't figured out the whole playoff picture either.

There are a lot of mediocre teams on the edge.  We're one of them.  But honestly, there are teams we could beat.  And, a first round win would pair us with the Ravens and we kind of have their number, so there's that.  

There's a bunch of different scenarios. Basically need Jacksonville to win or lose and buffalo to lose and us win is the easiest route. Other scenarios are complex.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 8:57 pm

Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I would definitely start Mason.  We can't pretend the O doesn't look so much better with him under center.

I love this kind of win though.  Hard nosed running game, line dominating in the trenches, running backs freaking running the hell over people.

They'd have to be insane to go back to KP at this point. Rudolph dominated the Bengals, and then he goes into Seattle and makes great throws every time we needed them. He looked like a poised vet today. Standing in the pocket, not letting pressure rattle him, taking hits and delivering under pressure, and going through his progressions. All things I've yet to consistently see from either KP or Trubisky. Not once did he get happy feet, and no obvious bad decisions either. Pickens is thriving with Rudolph under center and the success of the deep passing attack has really opened things up for Najee and Warren. We owned ToP today with a +15min advantage over Seattle.

I think Rudolph made their decision for them today.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 9:49 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I would definitely start Mason.  We can't pretend the O doesn't look so much better with him under center.

I love this kind of win though.  Hard nosed running game, line dominating in the trenches, running backs freaking running the hell over people.

They'd have to be insane to go back to KP at this point. Rudolph dominated the Bengals, and then he goes into Seattle and makes great throws every time we needed them. He looked like a poised vet today. Standing in the pocket, not letting pressure rattle him, taking hits and delivering under pressure, and going through his progressions. All things I've yet to consistently see from either KP or Trubisky. Not once did he get happy feet, and no obvious bad decisions either. Pickens is thriving with Rudolph under center and the success of the deep passing attack has really opened things up for Najee and Warren. We owned ToP today with a +15min advantage over Seattle.

Can't argue with that at all. He's simply been our best quarterback this year, and certainly gives us our best chance to win at this point.

On the other hand, Trubisky is cooked. He will be released when the season ends and will be lucky to get picked up by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 10:08 pm

Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Can't argue with that at all.  He's simply been our best quarterback this year, and certainly gives us our best chance to win at this point.

On the other hand, Trubisky is cooked.  He will be released when the season ends and will be lucky to get picked up by anyone.

it's still the same mason rudolf we all wanted cut 2 years ago. the same mason rudolf that drove them to sign trubisky to begin with. the stars aligned for mason today. the oline played well and the receivers got separation.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 10:23 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Can't argue with that at all.  He's simply been our best quarterback this year, and certainly gives us our best chance to win at this point.

On the other hand, Trubisky is cooked.  He will be released when the season ends and will be lucky to get picked up by anyone.

it's still the same mason rudolf we all wanted cut 2 years ago. the same mason rudolf that drove them to sign trubisky to begin with.  the stars aligned for mason today. the oline played well and the receivers got separation.
I understand that, and I even said in a previous post, beware the backup QB....um, whatever I said. Still, he HAS outplayed Trubisky (not difficult) and Pickett, although Kenny started to come around when he got hurt. But Mason has done well these past two weeks. I think he starts the next one. Just me, but he's passed the eyeball test, last least for now.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 11:00 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

it's still the same mason rudolf we all wanted cut 2 years ago. the same mason rudolf that drove them to sign trubisky to begin with.  the stars aligned for mason today. the oline played well and the receivers got separation.
I understand that, and I even said in a previous post, beware the backup QB....um, whatever I said.  Still, he HAS outplayed Trubisky (not difficult) and Pickett, although Kenny started to come around when he got hurt.  But Mason has done well these past two weeks.  I think he starts the next one.  Just me, but he's passed the eyeball test, last least for now.
he played very well...today. i'm just not too confident he will repeat the performance against the ratbirds. the team did what it needed to do for mason to have the game he had today. mason is not a bad QB. he just needs help from the rest of the offense to be successful. mason is what he is. a pocket passing QB. as long as that pocket holds up , he can deliver. he is not capable of going off script and improvising. thats why he will never be a great QB. Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 1:22 am

so if mason has a 3rd strait respectable performance against the ratbirds , what does that say about Tomlins ability as a coach to evaluate his players ? i mean if your best chance to win has been stuffed behind 2 turds does that inspire confidence in his coaching decision making ?
i haven't watched his press conerence, but i'm sure he will lie and talk about mason like he had confidence in mason as a veteran and he wasnt surprised that he played so well. Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 3458818396

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 4:10 am

This was another good outing for the Oline. Especially at that stadium. We're finding out if they do there job Najee/Jaylen have lanes, MR has time to find DJ/GP with a sprinkle of Muth and everyone is happy.
I absolutely love watching our RBs tipping Dlineman and LBs over with stiff arms.Now that's some abuse I can get behind.Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 1797695198

Something that REALLY pisses me off is the constant non calls for holding when it involves TJ. There was one play where their RT tackled him from behind like he was a RB. Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 2913999526

As banged up as we are at safety and MLB I think the next men up are playing better than expected.
MJ is playing better than he did his first stop.

All I know is the last 2 games have been enjoyable to watch. What I really want to see is us go into empty bank and cash out.
Do we make the playoffs? If we can manage to pull off an upset next week I'd like to see if we'd be a one and done.
Does Tomlin keep his job? Stupid question at this point. He's a genius, coach of the year,never had a losing season Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 2744185472
Do they promote Falkner/Sullivan to OC by committee?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23   Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Seahawks 12/31/23
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next