Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTrimming the FAT - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Trimming the FAT

Go down 
+4
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
Mach1
Master_Of_Puppets
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Trimming the FAT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 8:33 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I was reading an article somewhere that they allegedly want to keep Allen Robinson but at a lesser salary. I don't see why they'd want to keep that dude. He sucks. He's well past his prime, and he offers nothing in the passing game. I can't even think of one single play from last season that he made. We need a younger slot guy that can actually compliment what Johnson/Pickens bring to the table not an old vet that gets paid too much money to do little to nothing for us.

one word. blocking.

Yup he blocks well and he is a veteran player. Someone to mentor a very young WR group that may get even younger if they trade DJ if you believe the rumor mill that he no longer wants to be a Steeler.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 11:08 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I was reading an article somewhere that they allegedly want to keep Allen Robinson but at a lesser salary. I don't see why they'd want to keep that dude. He sucks. He's well past his prime, and he offers nothing in the passing game. I can't even think of one single play from last season that he made. We need a younger slot guy that can actually compliment what Johnson/Pickens bring to the table not an old vet that gets paid too much money to do little to nothing for us.

one word. blocking.

Yup he blocks well and he is a veteran player. Someone to mentor a very young WR group that may get even younger if they trade DJ if you believe the rumor mill that he no longer wants to be a Steeler.
Well, that's where DJ and I agree. I no longer want him to be a Steeler either!

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 12:43 pm

If we could get a 2nd rd pick for DJ I'd be on board. He's never impressed me with a consistent run. He catches balls past the sticks and runs east only to lose the first down. How many times have we seen him do that?

Master_Of_Puppets and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 1:25 pm

solardave wrote:
If we could get a 2nd rd pick for DJ I'd be on board. He's never impressed me with a consistent run. He catches balls past the sticks and runs east only to lose the first down. How many times have we seen him do that?
I'd absolutely be on board with that. We could get a Center, a tackle, AND a receiver in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 1:43 pm

Pat P get the send off. We need to get younger out there anyways. I think they were trying to find a mentor for JPJ and Trice that first year.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 4:09 am

i guess the Khan man visits this forum and saw my list of who to cut... Trimming the FAT - Page 2 1797695198

i'm 6 for 6  so far ... Trimming the FAT - Page 2 2276209185

it's about time they started listening to me. Trimming the FAT - Page 2 2893009358

according to spotrac they now have a surplus of 26.2 million. with a dead cap of damn near 15 million. Trimming the FAT - Page 2 1505004552 thanks Colbert...oh wait...khan is responsible for 4.9 million of it with pat p. and robinson.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 6:04 pm

for those who want to trade off DJ , if they were to trade him today, they would free up 10 million of cap space, BUT... it would add another 5.8 million to the dead cap due to it being part of his signing bonus. 3 million of the 10 million is a roster bonus due on march 16th. i'm not sure if the 3 mill bonus would transfer to his new team or not.  Trimming the FAT - Page 2 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 3:10 pm

it has flown under the rader but they have givin 1 year deals to montravius adams and miles kilebrew. both got 2 million and some change.
i had miles down as a maybe depending on his asking price and adams as a no. for every good noticeable play adams makes there are 10 plays he gets swallowed up by an Olinemen. he doesnt belong in a 3-4. there's a reason the steelers found him on a practice squad. he should be an emergency use player, not a rotational player.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:41 am

It seems to me based on the last draft OK wants to address needs with players that fit the position. Maybe this spells the end of the MT swiss army knife players.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 12:10 pm

solardave wrote:
It seems to me based on the last draft OK wants to address needs with players that fit the position. Maybe this spells the end of the MT swiss army knife players.

Sure hope so. The Tomlin "flexibility" guys haven't really worked out.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 7:09 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:

I'd rather have a guy that I know can LOCK DOWN one position and excel there, than be average at 4 positions.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:48 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:

I'd rather have a guy that I know can LOCK DOWN one position and excel there, than be average at 4 positions.
in just one season kevin dotson went from being cut, to being one of the highest paid guards in the league. i mean who knew all they had to do was switch him from left to right and.... viola ... now he is a top guard in the league...who knew ? well i did. i saw him fill in for Decastro and he played like a seasoned vet and as well if not better than decastro had been. plus i heard him say on arthur moat's podcast that he prefers the right side and feels more comfortable on the right. unfortunately the coaching staff missed out on those little hints.
another example of some players being less flexible is max starks. he was dog shit at right tackle , yet was serviceable on the left side. i heard him asked in an interview , why he played better on the left side. he said he was more comfortable on the left because he was left handed.
the moral of the story is just because a player can be moved to a different position, it doesnt mean they will play as well in the new position. some guys wont miss a beat, others will.

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 10:20 pm

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:26 pm

DJ reader signed with the lions for 2 years 22 million. he would have vastly improved the steelers rush defense... Trimming the FAT - Page 2 1505004552

one thing i have learned this year is spotrac way over estimates player contract values. spotrac projected Reader for 3 yrs 44 million. they also had P queen getting 18 million a year. they had devin white at 13 million a year deal he signed a 1 yr deal with the iggles for 7.5 million. he hasnt livid up to his draft hype but he also hasnt been devin bush. i would have liked to seen him pair up with Queen for a year at that price.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 5:39 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39815804/sources-steelers-sign-ex-falcons-rb-cordarrelle-patterson

This has everything to do with the new kickoff rules.

I was listening to Sirius Satellite Radio, NFL station, and they interviewed Todd Bowles and Mike Tomlin (separately of course). Bowles interview was okay. Tomlin interview was fascinating. The insight that Tomlin has, the finger he has on the pulse of the league, is really impressive. Tomlin is fully engaged in every aspect of the league and the draft, as well as the Senior Bowl, which he basically took over. Great interviews and tons of insight.

Here's something that really stood out...during that interview, they were talking to him about the new kickoff rules and how it would impact player acquisitions and the league as a whole. Then, it wasn't more than a minute after the interview ended, that Breaking News came across the wire that the Steelers had signed Patterson.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 6:26 am

Great Randino wrote:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39815804/sources-steelers-sign-ex-falcons-rb-cordarrelle-patterson

This has everything to do with the new kickoff rules.

I was listening to Sirius Satellite Radio, NFL station, and they interviewed Todd Bowles and Mike Tomlin (separately of course).  Bowles interview was okay.  Tomlin interview was fascinating.  The insight that Tomlin has, the finger he has on the pulse of the league, is really impressive.  Tomlin is fully engaged in every aspect of the league and the draft, as well as the Senior Bowl, which he basically took over.  Great interviews and tons of insight.

Here's something that really stood out...during that interview, they were talking to him about the new kickoff rules and how it would impact player acquisitions and the league as a whole.  Then, it wasn't more than a minute after the interview ended, that Breaking News came across the wire that the Steelers had signed Patterson.

Hey, let's make a rule so confusing that no one will know when the refs get the call wrong. As far as the 'hip drop" ban, they may need another category for the Oscar.
Best actor by an NFL wide receiver. Trimming the FAT - Page 2 2913999526
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 12:56 pm

Hip drop rule is just another step towards flag football. Get ready folks! It will be QBs and WRs first with flags then the TEs and RBs soon follow... the NFL is cutting its own throat and doesn't realize it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trimming the FAT   Trimming the FAT - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trimming the FAT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: