Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home80's Movies Fans Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

80's Movies Fans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 6:34 am

IMO, many movies in the 80's were special. They don't make them like that any longer. Today's movies focus on nonsense like transgenders and/or meeting a diversity quota rather than telling a good story.

Here are a few of my favorites in no specific order:

The Goonies
Back to the Future
Better Off Dead
ET

there are too many to list.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 6:40 pm

Yes, they're are too many to list. so I'll spare you with just a few

Full metal jacket
Vacation
Die Hard
Breakfast Club
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Steeldude likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 6:26 am

vasteeler wrote:
Yes,  they're are too many to list. so I'll spare you with just a few

Full metal jacket
Vacation
Die Hard
Breakfast Club

Excellent choices.

I wanted to go to that restaurant Rattner went on with Jennifer Jason Leigh, but it was closed.

I was hoping someone would make a What If... movie on Pyle in Full Metal jacket. What if Pyle didn't commit suicide. What if he turned into the ultimate killing machine against the enemy. Haha.

Have you seen Three O'clock High?
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyWed Jan 24, 2024 10:35 pm

Steeldude wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Yes,  they're are too many to list. so I'll spare you with just a few

Full metal jacket
Vacation
Die Hard
Breakfast Club

Excellent choices.

I wanted to go to that restaurant Rattner went on with Jennifer Jason Leigh, but it was closed.

I was hoping someone would make a What If... movie on Pyle in Full Metal jacket.  What if Pyle didn't commit suicide.  What if he turned into the ultimate killing machine against the enemy. Haha.

Have you seen Three O'clock High?

I don't think I've even heard of it 80's Movies Fans 2087824411

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 4:54 am

My all time favorite horror film is John Carpenter's The Thing (1982). I agree, they just don't make movies like they used to. Everything is CGI and I think a lot of creativity has been lost because of that. I'm big into movies that utilize practical effects, I feel like that actually takes some effort and it looks more believable when it's done right. Movies today lack that creativity, and they lack the personality and character that movies from the 70's, 80's, and even the 90's had.

vasteeler and Steeldude like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 7:48 am

vasteeler wrote:

I don't think I've even heard of it 80's Movies Fans 2087824411

Now you have something nostalgic to watch : )
Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 7:54 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
My all time favorite horror film is John Carpenter's The Thing (1982). I agree, they just don't make movies like they used to. Everything is CGI and I think a lot of creativity has been lost because of that. I'm big into movies that utilize practical effects, I feel like that actually takes some effort and it looks more believable when it's done right. Movies today lack that creativity, and they lack the personality and character that movies from the 70's, 80's, and even the 90's had.  

I agree 100%.

Hollywood today is more concerned with meeting diversity quotas than actually putting out a good movie.

CGI has ruined movies. While I do believe in some CGI, like Godzilla, it has flooded movies. Why can't they just film a scene at the Grand Canyon rather than making a green screen/CGI of the Grand Canyon?

I think I watched The Thing on ON TV back when it came out. Do you remember ON TV? There was also SelecTV and Z Channel.

Whoa. I just had deja vu writing this post.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 9:34 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Such a great movie. I didn't like the remake at all though.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 3:01 am

vasteeler wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Such a great movie. I didn't like the remake at all though.

Yeah that Prequel film was bad. What makes it worse is that they actually shot a lot of that with practical effects and then cut the practical effects and opted for CGI that looked like trash. The casting didn't really help much either IMO. The film had promise but they missed the mark.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

80's Movies Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80's Movies Fans   80's Movies Fans Empty

Back to top Go down

80's Movies Fans
Page 1 of 1